Windows 11 not compatible even if meeting requirements

Milky Karcher

I enabled tpm and downloaded the windows compatibility app and it says evenything is ok however in my settings when i go to updates it says that this computer is not compatible.

10 minutes ago, Milky Karcher said:

I enabled tpm and downloaded the windows compatibility app and it says evenything is ok however in my settings when i go to updates it says that this computer is not compatible.

Try enabling windows UEFI mode in BIOS

Windows Update is pretty janky with that, for whatever reason. May also be that Microsoft is just really snoozing on letting your computer get the update, because it has been a bit of a rolling release.

Either way, the solution (and what I'd recommend anyway, honestly) is to just do a fresh install of the OS manually via USB stick. You can get the ISO from here, and if Microsoft's installation assistant doesn't work for you (which is pretty likely, in my experience) Rufus should do you. It can even disable all the TPM/Secure Boot check nonsense if it comes to that.

I would wager a guess that you have running bit older system and its not giving you update because of one or more parts not meeting what Microsoft sees as "stable" configuration they are comfortable serving beta OS as update. If you have anything but that narrow selection, you would need to go with enthusiast route.

List your specs?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 1/22/2022 at 3:42 PM, Milky Karcher said:

Ensure the following:

• Windows 10 is fully up to date.
  • CSM is disabled
  • UEFI mode is enabled
  • SecureBoot is enabled
  • Device Manager is detecting all hardware properly (no disabled items or yellow "!" icons on items)
  • You have the latest BIOS/UEFI installed (you want Windows 11 ready ones or later)
  • You have the latest drivers installed on your system (Audio, printer, chipset, GPU, etc).
  • All your software, especially security based ones, are fully updated.
  • You have plenty of free disk space