Is it safe to close RGB Fusion in the task bar on Windows 10?

Is it safe to close RGB Fusion in the task bar on Windows 10? It starts up as my system boots up. I think it is used to control the RGB lighting on my GPU. Will it have any adverse effects if I close it? 1854841331_RGBfusiontaskmanagerquestion.png.64bceb37bf1eb95f5d3ba67cee10ccf0.png

No problem, it just won't update the lighting anymore.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I have a couple motherboards that use it. I use it once to configure the lights and then uninstall it completely. The only time I need it again is after BIOS updates (as they wipe out the light settings). You'll probably find your GPU is the same way. So unless you are changing your light settings regularly there is no need to have it running. 

Thanks guys! Will my current RGB lighting still run properly on my GPU without RGB Fusion running in the task bar? Do you guys recommend I close it or leave it open? 

12 hours ago, RyuuInch said:

Will my current RGB lighting still run properly on my GPU without RGB Fusion running in the task bar?

Try it? It will depend on how you set up your lights.

If you have static lighting it'll likely stay, but if you've used something like "change color based on temperature" this usually needs the app to run to update it live.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Yeah as mentioned above. You can even leave it on rainbow, and it should change colors just fine. I normally have a single lighting color on my PC (which spends most of it's time in Linux, where RGB Fusion obviously doesn't work). My son like's the rainbow effect, so his is usually cycling. Neither PC has the software installed.

Awesome thanks so much! 🙂 I just leave it on rainbow, so it should be fine without the RGB Fusion? 

5 hours ago, RyuuInch said:

Awesome thanks so much! 🙂 I just leave it on rainbow, so it should be fine without the RGB Fusion? 

Yeap, you should be able to just set it on Rainbow, and remove it. As I said, we only use the software for the motherboard, but that's what I do for my son's PC (he use's Rainbow, I use just a solid color).  By remove, I uninstall it an entirely. Though as I mentioned before, if you do something like a BIOS update, it will need to be reinstalled to set the setting again, as the settings are lost. So if you want just disable it, from running.