Upgrade planning , suggestions pls ?!

GodLikeGill

Hello everyone, Im planning to upgrade my current setup , my current specification is 😐
CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G
Motherboard: A320M Gigabyte

GPU: GeForce GTX 1650 Super
RAM: 8 GB x 2 3000 MHz
PSU: 450W 80 plus Cooler Master

I mostly play games and study. Almost all games are for some reason get bottleneck by my cpu its always reaching 100% usage when playing games
So that is my current build , and pretty much you can figure out where i need upgrade (i think) , is that i need a better cpu and with that i need a new Motherboard as well.
So i had a budget for Ryzen 5 5600x and a B550M motherboard. (dont have enough for gpu especially during this price hike)

I basically wanted to know if im making the right decision by purchasing these cpu and mb! Let me know if there is any other upgrade i can fit or something ! thank you

Yea , ill edit that in! I mostly play games and study. Almost all games are for some reason get bottleneck by my cpu its always reaching 100% usage when playing games

I'd go with 12600k with a Z690 board instead. Ryzen 5000 has been too expensive for what it is. Make sure to get a DDR4 board so you don't need to get new ram though

12600k way more expensive and out of my budget than 5600x bro

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MDYwht

or

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MgHWvf

Would recommend a decent aftermarket cpu cooler for either one. If your case can support a Pure Rock 2 Black, Dark Rock 4, or Noctua NH-U12S REDUX air cpu cooler, then any of those should be fine.

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

1 hour ago, GodLikeGill said:

12600k way more expensive and out of my budget than 5600x bro

wait where do you live? In my area, 5600x = 12600K in price or just slightly more. In the states, I notice that 12600k ~ 5600x price wise. Yea if 5600x is significantly cheaper go with that. Other options to consider is Intel 10400/11400 for 6 cores chips with B460/B560 board. 12400 with B660 board is another opinion you can consider.

You didn't really specific a budget so I didn't know if it was way off or not

16 hours ago, Jonathan Lee said:

wait where do you live? In my area, 5600x = 12600K in price or just slightly more. In the states, I notice that 12600k ~ 5600x price wise. Yea if 5600x is significantly cheaper go with that. Other options to consider is Intel 10400/11400 for 6 cores chips with B460/B560 board. 12400 with B660 board is another opinion you can consider.

You didn't really specific a budget so I didn't know if it was way off or not

I live in india , thats why . 12600k is 100$ more expensive than 5600x , thats why i went with this cpu

18 hours ago, GeorgeMKane said:

If your case can support a Pure Rock 2 Black, Dark Rock 4, or Noctua NH-U12S REDUX air cpu cooler, then any of those should be fine

Pretty much any 120mm 4 heatpipe tower will work, you may also wanna have a look at other coolers like gammax 400, se 224 xt, freezer 34. You are also pretty close to china so maybe some chinese towers have flooded your market offering semi decent performance at a ridicolously good price like those snowman coolers. Basically anything in the 20-30$ range is where you get the best value

also for all i know the u12s redux is overpriced and better performing coolers exist in the same price range, is it just maximum performance in smallest form factor kind of thing? The pricepoint is just confusing and i dont think its suitable for an 8 core so the futureproof argument kinda gets thrown out the window here