GTX 760 Having issues "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

zxy9991

I recently purchased a GPU from eBay with display and Windows issues.

This is what I know up until now:

- Without Nvidia drivers the screen is filled with tons of white squares and lines, with nothing else being displayed.

- Upon installing the Nvidia drivers, these issues disappear, yet more issues arise.

- One of the issues are small lines, which are barely-, yet still visible on the whole screen.

- Windows Device Manager telling me: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" and under the GTX 760 "Events" tab, in the Information box: "Device PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1187&SUBSYS_360B1458&REV_A1\4&ebb8677&0&0019 requires further installation."

I am having Problems fixing the issues. This is what i have tried up until now:

- I have reinstalled the Nvidia drivers twice

- I have reapplied thermal paste and I have blown all the dust from the GPU

- I have installed the latest Windows version.

I don't know what to do next. Does anyone know a solution?

I have a few GPU-Z results which I can share. I have a GTX 760 with the exact same model, yet the only difference i saw was in the VRAM type, which I don't think has anything to do with the actual issue.

GTX760 Troubleshoot.gif

GTX760 Troubleshoot2.gif

IMG_20220122_202607.jpg

Well you're getting no reading on the memory whatsoever, try flashing the gpu bios with a more up to date one, or if it has the most recent, try a different one for the same card. JaysTwoCents actually just did a video with that exact gpuz outcome and that was what solved the issue for him.

If the vBIOS reflash does not fix the issue. Try turning down the memory clocks some. 
MSI afterburner can help with that if Nvidia controls don't, I don't remember as I have an AMD card. Graphical artifacts are often caused by VRAM issues (yes even if you aren't pushing the card hard)

5 minutes ago, Shimo Okami said:

Well you're getting no reading on the memory whatsoever, try flashing the gpu bios with a more up to date one, or if it has the most recent, try a different one for the same card. JaysTwoCents actually just did a video with that exact gpuz outcome and that was what solved the issue for him.

This can cause MAJOR issues if you don't know the exact one, as Kepler had different revisions of the silicon and flashing a card with the wrong revision can permanently brick it.

OP, head over to the TPU forums and ask for a correct VBIOS. eidairaman1 should help out.

elephants

6 minutes ago, Frizz said:

If the vBIOS reflash does not fix the issue. Try turning down the memory clocks some. 
MSI afterburner can help with that if Nvidia controls don't, I don't remember as I have an AMD card. Graphical artifacts are often caused by VRAM issues (yes even if you aren't pushing the card hard)

GPU isnt showing up in MSI Afterburner. I cant do anything in that field unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

This can cause MAJOR issues if you don't know the exact one, as Kepler had different revisions of the silicon and flashing a card with the wrong revision can permanently brick it.

Very true, forgot to mention that. If OP was fine with re-pasting though, they can always just open the card back up again to get the revision number. @zxy9991 make sure you get that info first, it'll be printed on the gpu die itself.

1 minute ago, Shimo Okami said:

Very true, forgot to mention that. If OP was fine with re-pasting though, they can always just open the card back up again to get the revision number. @zxy9991 make sure you get that info first, it'll be printed on the gpu die itself.

I can send pictures, not sure what exactly you guys are talking about though. I will open it up.. one sec.

13 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

OP, head over to the TPU forums and ask for a correct VBIOS. eidairaman1 should help out.

Question: Wouldn't the revision and data in GPU z be enough to get the correct vBIOS? Genuinely curious. 

2 minutes ago, Frizz said:

Question: Wouldn't the revision and data in GPU z be enough to get the correct vBIOS? Genuinely curious. 

Maybe. We do have the correct revision here but incorrect memory in the VBIOS can cause lots of problems, hence why I recommended sending OP to eidairaman1 as they're great at finding the right VBIOSes (unless you have a fake scam card, he doesn't help with those anymore),

elephants

7 minutes ago, zxy9991 said:

I can send pictures, not sure what exactly you guys are talking about though. I will open it up.. one sec.

8 minutes ago, Shimo Okami said:

IMG_20220122_205142.jpg

IMG_20220122_205128.jpg

10 minutes ago, Shimo Okami said:

Possibly,  clean the thermal paste and check the die itself to be sure.

IMG_20220122_210538.jpg

I'm confused on what to do next. Is there any tutorials online?

7 minutes ago, Shimo Okami said:

At this point I'd follow what fakekgb said and head over to the tpu forums. 

Alright.. ill try to get some advice there