Red Cpu light turned on after cpu upgrade but only if in legacy + uefi

kabbom
Go to solution Solved by connorkincaid,
12 minutes ago, kabbom said:

Specs:

Cpu: Ryzen 5 5600x

Motherboard: B450 tomahawk max (Bios ver: E7C02AMS.3A0)

Gpu: Gigabyte Geforce 1080聽

Ram: Corsair Vengence 16 gb 3000 mhz dual kit

I recently upgraded from a ryzen 5 1600 to a ryzen 5 5600x, the pc was working normally with the 1600, but after the upgrade my cpu light would turn on and the Pc would only boot into the bios. In the bios it didn't show me my drives but only uefi hard disk etc. so I tried booting in legacy and it worked. Now my pc is running normaly, but the cpu light is still turned on. I've tried reseating my cpu, I checked for bent pins, I checked the power connections. But the light is still turned on and the pc still only boots in legacy mode.

I hope somebody can help 馃槃

I'm at work, so I can't check the manufacturer website.聽

Is your bios updated to the most recent version?

Specs:

I recently upgraded from a ryzen 5 1600 to a ryzen 5 5600x, the pc was working normally with the 1600, but after the upgrade my cpu light would turn on and the Pc would only boot into the bios. In the bios it didn't show me my drives but only uefi hard disk etc. so I tried booting in legacy and it worked. Now my pc is running normaly, but the cpu light is still turned on. I've tried reseating my cpu, I checked for bent pins, I checked the power connections. But the light is still turned on and the pc still only boots in legacy mode.

12 minutes ago, kabbom said:

Specs:

19 minutes ago, connorkincaid said:

Just checked and updated bios, cpu light is turned off now, but I still can't boot in UEFI mode. Thank you for your help