Streamer recommendation for my dumb-TV?

Hi. 

So I got a really cheap TV. Has built in Android but it's the worst experience. 

Anyone can recommend a good streamer? Perhaps one which can also block ads and stuff? 

Someone told me he used to have an old AppleTV he bought from a guy who would "hack" them and put everything one needs. I mostly used YouTube and Neftlix honestly. 

Thank you

17 minutes ago, idh1oi12jkl31jk2bgve3jk12b said:

Hi. 

So I got a really cheap TV. Has built in Android but it's the worst experience. 

Anyone can recommend a good streamer? Perhaps one which can also block ads and stuff? 

Someone told me he used to have an old AppleTV he bought from a guy who would "hack" them and put everything one needs. I mostly used YouTube and Neftlix honestly. 

Thank you

If you're wondering about a "hacked" multi-media device, then you'll have to do your own exploration. 

It really depends on how much you're wiling to spend, and what exactly you're looking for from it. 

I've tried most of them, from Kodi on Rasp Pi, to Roku, to Fire TV but in the end my Apple TV is pretty good. The only downside is that it converts everything to PCM except for ATMOS. So Hi-Res Audio on some rips are lost.