Screen goes black periodically and uninstalls graphics drivers

Mekktile

Okay, so

Specs

CPU: AMD FX-8320

GPU: XFX RX 580

MOBO: ga-97a-ds3p

RAM: 8x2GB Patriot DDR3

So my issue is a bit of an odd one, and very frustrating. this is my friends PC I am helping him with, and neither of us can afford to go to an actual repair shop. The screen has a tendency to go black and lock up the computer at random intervals almost, as well as giving us an error whenever trying to launch the AMD driver software, and giving us an error saying that our drivers installed cant be used by the device currently in the system or something along those lines. We tried uninstalling previous graphics drivers and reinstalling them from the AMD website, and did get some play time out of it for a while, up until I restarted the computer and after booting, the problem has made a comeback. decided to do a system reset cuz I don't know too much about pcs and this was all I had. Halfway through resetting, the computer screen goes black and starts swapping between analog and HDMI again. Never made a post, so ask questions plz and thank

That is a bit odd. Most likely the card is faulty but let's try some things

What happens when you try a different HDMI cable?

What happens when you try a different cable type? Like displayport or DVI?

Have you tried DDU in safe mode? Even if you uninstalled GPU drivers, DDU cleans it all out, and left over code does cause weird things.

Have you turned off your system and tried another PCI E port?

3 hours ago, Frizz said:

That is a bit odd. Most likely the card is faulty but let's try some things

What happens when you try a different HDMI cable?

What happens when you try a different cable type? Like displayport or DVI?

Have you tried DDU in safe mode? Even if you uninstalled GPU drivers, DDU cleans it all out, and left over code does cause weird things.

Have you turned off your system and tried another PCI E port?

He brought it over and we used a few different cables. A different HDMI, and then used a DVI connector. Same problem still. I just moved the GPU to the PCIE4 lane, and it is continuing with the reset after I booted it, will keep you updated. went ahead and put DDU on a thumb drive as well, gonna do that after it's done just to be safe (if it finishes at all any way)