So... out of nowhere my screen started doing this

SomeTechScrub

I was just playing R6E when all of the sudden my monitor started doing this...

Its a week old monitor and I don't know what is wrong with this.

It happens no matter the display starts showing darker or brighter pictures.

16428644679745313010529107622072.jpg

16428645420503901814127833299531.jpg

If its a week old I would go ahead and get it returned rather than burn time trying to diagnose it. That said to rule out as best as possible that this is a GPU related issue see if you can't hook up a different display or even a TV and watch for anything unusual. Making sure your GPU drivers are updated would also be a good quick thing to double check.

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."

37 minutes ago, Hybris5112 said:

If its a week old I would go ahead and get it returned rather than burn time trying to diagnose it. That said to rule out as best as possible that this is a GPU related issue see if you can't hook up a different display or even a TV and watch for anything unusual. Making sure your GPU drivers are updated would also be a good quick thing to double check.

Unfortunately the shop I bought from only accepts 7 days return (Its a litte over 7 days from the delivery date unfortunately) so I've been trying to diagnose it.

I've swapped from DP to HDMI and the monitor seemed to be back to normal expect the fact that I cannot go up to the 165 Hz refresh rate that this monitor was rated for. So I think either a DP issue (cause I had a earlier monitor death therefore new monitor so I suspect the DP cable I have is faulty/could't handle 165Hz) or the monitor really just didn't like to work after just over a week

9 hours ago, SomeTechScrub said:

Unfortunately the shop I bought from only accepts 7 days return (Its a litte over 7 days from the delivery date unfortunately) so I've been trying to diagnose it.

I've swapped from DP to HDMI and the monitor seemed to be back to normal expect the fact that I cannot go up to the 165 Hz refresh rate that this monitor was rated for. So I think either a DP issue (cause I had a earlier monitor death therefore new monitor so I suspect the DP cable I have is faulty/could't handle 165Hz) or the monitor really just didn't like to work after just over a week

Could you give us the make and model of the monitor? This way maybe we can see what versions of HDMI/DP are supported as that might shed some light as to why your refresh rate is capped.

Considering how comparatively cheap cables are if you suspect the DP to be iffy then invest in a newer one. I do believe Linus just posted a video on DP cables that would be helpful in this regard.

Also I would avoid buying from that shop again as 7 day returns just sound shady in my opinion. 

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."