Game trigerring CPU overheat protection?

EddyAC

So I havent played Rainbow Six Siege for a while and today I thought I would jump on and have a go. But on launch (after Ubisoft Connect launches itself and before the game title card), my PC just resets itself (as if the reset button was pressed, screen went black, then system rebooted).

There are some people online saying adjusting the power management setting in windows (0% minimum to 70% maximum) did the trick, but it didn't work on me.

After some experimenting, I turned off PROCHOT (processor hot protection?) in Ryzen Master, and then it everything seems to work fine. And the termporature was fine, too (around 70°C) But I also learned turning PROCHOT off is not really a good idea as it's the last line of defence for overheating. And I have to be on manual OC mode to be able to turn that off, which I don't prefer.

So is there a way to have PROCHOT ON and play this game? It ran perfectly fine on my old CPU (3700X), and I recently upgrated to a 5800X, with clean install of Win 10 and all. That's the only major hardware change compared with when the game ran normally.

Spec:

MB: ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X 

GPU: ROG Strix RTX 3070 OC 8GB

RAM: 32GB DDR 4 3600Mhz

PSU: Corsair SF750

THANKS!

Cpu-cooler is what?  Also what is your ambient?

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

26 minutes ago, MultiGamerClub said:

Cpu-cooler is what?  Also what is your ambient?

I am using an EK 240 mm AIO cooler. Ambient was around 24°C.

Personally I doubt temperature was the issue. Because the time between I launch the game and the reboot was like 15 sec, and the temp monitor hardly increased....

Hope this info helps!