UTP cable with FTP keystone

Filingo

I need to get a keystone, I am using Gewiss, and I found these two compatible modules:

Cat6 UTP: https://www.gewiss.com/ww/en/products/experience-catalogue/catalogs/series/product/domotics/system---domestic-range-modular-devices/GW20685

Cat6 FTP: https://www.gewiss.com/ww/en/products/experience-catalogue/catalogs/series/product/domotics/system---domestic-range-modular-devices/GW20686

My cable is UTP but the only available module in the store is the FTP one.

Will I be able to press my UTP cable to the shielded FTP keystone? Or that may cause issues?

Ty

FTP is UTP cable with a insulating foil around the pairs of wires... basically a metallized plastic sleeve over the pairs. 

You would cut the insulating foil at the same place where you cut the exterior pvc insulation, to expose the pairs and route the individual wires into the correct channels... so you'd wire both FTP and UTP exactly the same way. Even their instructions don't point to any special step for FTP cables. See the instructions if you don't believe me , here  70191374.pdf  or here at page 7 : ct_serie system dispositivi_rev2.2_en.pdf

Honestly have a hard time figuring out why they need different part numbers for FTP and UTP.

Maybe ask what's the preferred cable type... you can have solid core copper wires or you can have stranded copper wires (lots of thin wires forming bigger wire).

Majority of these keystones are designed for solid core wire, there's some "teeth" that bite through the insulation of the individual wire and scratch the copper and put pressure on it making good contact - stranded copper wires would compress or deform and potentially not make good contact... they work around that with a different shape of "teeth" to grab onto the inner strands of copper.

Solid core copper is preferred for inside walls anyway ... you don't have requirement for frequent flexing, bends etc and once it's it, it's there, permanent. 

Make sure you don't get CCA cable (copper clad aluminum or copper coated aluminum) - it's cheaper ethernet cable that uses an aluminum core coated with a very thin layer of copper instead of using full copper for the wires - makes the wires have higher resistance and very long cables made with this type of wire can cause issues.

Thank you!

I just know that FTP usually is thicker cable so there is a thicker hole where you insert that cable and then if you insert a UTP cable to an FTP plug it might not be sitting tight and wiggle and eventually break or cause interference, that was my concern. Definitely not CCA. I did the mistake once and I really don't know how it's legal to sell these cables. It shouldn't. It's like a paper