should i upgrade to gtx 1650 super from my gtx 980

Pakwarrior
Go to solution Solved by Levent,
3 minutes ago, Pakwarrior said:

but my question was should i do effort and buy 1650 super ?

And answer was no. Your card performs as good as a 1650S and better in some cases.

hello guyz i am from pakistan 

usually there is a rumor or truth idk that pakistan have lowest gpus prices in the world but i think its the highest 

in previous year i bought gtx 980 msi varient for 270$ or 45000 rupees pkr 

which was fine on that time but stil expensive 

now after 4 months of usage i am satisfied but due to internet and also its a 8 years old gpu i think should i go to gtx 1650 super currently the price of 1650 s is starting from 370$ till 450$ which is hell of expensive but my gpu can be sold in like 55k pkr or 290 to 300$ 

i have to add money so should i upgrade or not like pros are it will be latest,have 10 fps boost only in games , low power usage and driver support 

cons are expensive , low cuda count , low bus lenght 128 bit 

should i upgrade or not 

i am basically playing some game currently like pubg pc, fortnite , ready or not , bf5 on which 980 is working good 

but for how long thats why i want some openions & advice on that 

DSC_0322.JPG

Go with a 1660 super instead, much better value and will definitely get you a noticeable increase in performance over the 1650S. Keep in mind you should have a power supply capable of handling a 1660S aswell.

Nope. BIOS mod your GTX980 and overclock it. Even my GTX970 beats %99 of all 1650s in 3dmark benchmarks.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Saojiie said:

Go with a 1660 super instead, much better value and will definitely get you a noticeable increase in performance over the 1650S. Keep in mind you should have a power supply capable of handling a 1660S aswell.

Lol, even a 1660S is orders of magnitude more power efficient than a GTX980. If OP can run 980, OP can run 1660S not a single problem.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

36 minutes ago, Levent said:

Nope. BIOS mod your GTX980 and overclock it. Even my GTX970 beats %99 of all 1650s in 3dmark benchmarks.

bios modd ? mod to what model 980 ti?

37 minutes ago, Saojiie said:

well if you dont know i need double the amount of money or triple if i want to buy 1660 super i am not that rich 1650 super is fine 

also i own cooler master master watt mwe 750 watt semi modular 80+ psu which can even run 3080 

29 minutes ago, Pakwarrior said:

bios modd ? mod to what model 980 ti?

You dont mod your graphics card to a model with higher core count. That hasnt been the case since ATI Radeon HD6950 12 years to date. You mod your vbios to increase power limits so that card can sustain higher clocks. Here is a guide, do it at your own risk. Even if you dont want to mod your bios, GTX980 is still on par with GTX1650S (IIRC, I dont feel like checking right now).

Edited by Levent

59 minutes ago, Levent said:

You dont mod your graphics card to a model with higher core count. That hasnt been the case since ATI Radeon HD6950 12 years to date. You mod your vbios to increase power limits so that card can sustain higher clocks. Here is a guide, do it at your own risk. Even if you dont want to mod your bios, GTX980 is still on par with GTX1650S (IIRC, I dont feel like checking right now).

ok i will check it 

1 hour ago, Levent said:

3 minutes ago, Pakwarrior said:

And answer was no. Your card performs as good as a 1650S and better in some cases.