Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Windows 11 breaks when I turn XMP on

Go to solution Solved by Bad5ector,

Try setting to 3200mhz.

 

You might not be able to ever get 3600mhz with XMP. Might be possible with manual tweaking but doesn't sound like your system supports this XMP profile.

So I have been having problems with my XMP settings, I recently upgrading my GPU and memory, memory from 16gb Adata 2666mhz ram to 32gb 3600mhz corsair vengeance, This corsair vengeance ram is my second pair because the first pair that I bought was faulty and broke windows every time I tried to boot it up so I went to the store and got a free replacement and it was good from there. The thing is every time I turn on XMP it breaks windows and says "Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart, we'll restart for you" and goes into a diagnosing your pc loop, luckily I created a system restore point so I was able to fix it but I have tried many different solutions to try and enable XMP and nothing worked. It seems that my memory doesn't go above 2133mhz, My motherboard is Gigabyte Aorus b450 Pro motherboard and I realise that the motherboard can only support 3466mhz but I though that if I turn on XMP it will automatically downscale to 3466mhz. I tried to set it manually with 3466mhz and tighter timing and 1.35 volts but it didn't work, my old ram was comfortably able to work at 2666mhz but this ram can only go 2133mhz.  I have tried looking for solution everywhere and nothing worked. I am not that great with computers so if you told me to slowly rise speed with looser timings, I wouldn't know what I'm doing. I don't know if this information helps but I have a Ryzen 5 2600. i hope someone out there can give me a good rundown on how to fix this issue because I bought 3600mhz ram and I can't even use it to it's full potential. I hope I gave enough information and I will provide more information if necessary. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this and I hope I can get this problem fixed!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Try setting to 3200mhz.

 

You might not be able to ever get 3600mhz with XMP. Might be possible with manual tweaking but doesn't sound like your system supports this XMP profile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure if Zen+ can run 3600mhz easily (if at all).

mY s YsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??
 HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it?
 MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

You're going to have to get pretty lucky and do some manual tweaking to get a Ryzen 5 2600 to play nice with 3600 RAM. 

 

41 minutes ago, Poyraz said:

 I don't know if this information helps but I have a Ryzen 5 2600. 

Probably the single most important factor when choosing RAM, at least with this modern CPU's.

5800x/3090

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you to everyone who replied, it is greatly appreciated. It looks like the problem is the outdated CPU, I was thinking about upgrading for a while, I'll probably choose a Ryzen 5000 series, most likely Ryzen 7 5800x and get myself a new AIO cooler to go along with it. One other question is: is it worth it do get zen 3 now or will prices drop when zen 4 comes out? I'm not too sure what to do since there has been so much hype around the new zen 4 CPU's, it would be a real shame if the prices dropped dramatically right after I purchased it. I know future proofing isn't a thing when it comes to computers but I would at least like it to be in date for the next couple of years. Thank you everyone!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Poyraz said:

Thank you to everyone who replied, it is greatly appreciated. It looks like the problem is the outdated CPU, I was thinking about upgrading for a while, I'll probably choose a Ryzen 5000 series, most likely Ryzen 7 5800x and get myself a new AIO cooler to go along with it. One other question is: is it worth it do get zen 3 now or will prices drop when zen 4 comes out? I'm not too sure what to do since there has been so much hype around the new zen 4 CPU's, it would be a real shame if the prices dropped dramatically right after I purchased it. I know future proofing isn't a thing when it comes to computers but I would at least like it to be in date for the next couple of years. Thank you everyone!

Maybe, maybe not. 5800x has already dropped a lot since launch and went from a terrible deal to a pretty good one. As for years to come, I built my system with a 5800x about a year ago and I plan for it to be good for a few more years, it was a high end chip and will continue to be. There is this common thought that when new things come out it somehow makes the last thing worse when in reality, that's not true at all. 

 

Now, 5800x3D is coming in a couple of months so maybe you want to wait for that, up to you. 

5800x/3090

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, rickeo said:

Maybe, maybe not. 5800x has already dropped a lot since launch and went from a terrible deal to a pretty good one. As for years to come, I built my system with a 5800x about a year ago and I plan for it to be good for a few more years, it was a high end chip and will continue to be. There is this common thought that when new things come out it somehow makes the last thing worse when in reality, that's not true at all. 

 

Now, 5800x3D is coming in a couple of months so maybe you want to wait for that, up to you. 

That is a very good point, I'm kind of worried about the lower clock speeds but if it has triple the cache, I'm all for it. Let's just hope it wont be the victim of scalpers or the retail price wont be too high/out of stock everywhere, other than that I will probably just endure and wait it out which should be in spring/September-ish which is kind of long but I will wait until it comes out. I'm going to have this for a couple of years so I want to make sure I wont regret it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/22/2022 at 4:31 AM, Bad5ector said:

Try setting to 3200mhz.

 

You might not be able to ever get 3600mhz with XMP. Might be possible with manual tweaking but doesn't sound like your system supports this XMP profile.

I was able to manually tweak it to 3200mhz 16 18 18 36 1.35volts, Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×