Should I wait for the Rog swift oled?

FoulBallGuy

I know a release date hasn’t even been announced but I can’t wait for the oled Rog swift to come out. I really want a big 4K oled but can’t wait forever for a monitor. Anyone know when we could expect it to launch? Also any other recommendations for something else similar? Could I just use an oled tv, or should I just settle for the current gen swift? Thoughts and opinions appreciated!

The ROG 48" OLED will use the same display panels as current LG C1 48" OLED TV's. So if you really want OLED and don't want to wait then the LG C1 is a good choice. If 48" is still too big, the LG C2 42" will release in just a few months.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

When it comes to the Displays using the LG WRGB OLED panels, they all have the same 'limits', the only thing u paying extra for is the gamer asthetic and perhaps some OSD gaming options like a crosshair overlay.*

Unlike LCDs which between manufacturers using the same panel can result in different tuning resulting in different pixel response and overshoot, the OLED panels are so fast that any difference in response will be 'effectively' non existent.

The only difference that will still exist is the factory calibration and preset colour profiles.

*The only physical 'added' feature a 'gamer' version of the LG OLEDs will have over the standard LG OLED Tv is Display Port, those people with older GPUs will need that to achieve 4k 120hz as HDMI 2.0 cards do not have the bandwidth for it when using a LG OLED TV, however said older cards are also not powerful enough for modern 4k 120hz gaming anyway. Only the 30 series and most recent AMD cards have HDMI 2.1, and tbh if ur going for 4k 120hz you realistically need a 3080 ti anyway, not that i would ever advise any1 to pay the obscene MSRP it costs let alone the current OTT prices from retailers and scalpers.

TLDR: If u have a HDMI 2.1 capable card, and want an OLED ~ 48", dont get a 'gamerized' version, just get the LG TV.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

18 hours ago, SolarNova said:

When it comes to the Displays using the LG WRGB OLED panels, they all have the same 'limits', the only thing u paying extra for is the gamer asthetic and perhaps some OSD gaming options like a crosshair overlay.*

Unlike LCDs which between manufacturers using the same panel can result in different tuning resulting in different pixel response and overshoot, the OLED panels are so fast that any difference in response will be 'effectively' non existent.

The only difference that will still exist is the factory calibration and preset colour profiles.

*The only physical 'added' feature a 'gamer' version of the LG OLEDs will have over the standard LG OLED Tv is Display Port, those people with older GPUs will need that to achieve 4k 120hz as HDMI 2.0 cards do not have the bandwidth for it when using a LG OLED TV, however said older cards are also not powerful enough for modern 4k 120hz gaming anyway. Only the 30 series and most recent AMD cards have HDMI 2.1, and tbh if ur going for 4k 120hz you realistically need a 3080 ti anyway, not that i would ever advise any1 to pay the obscene MSRP it costs let alone the current OTT prices from retailers and scalpers.

TLDR: If u have a HDMI 2.1 capable card, and want an OLED ~ 48", dont get a 'gamerized' version, just get the LG TV.

ROG OLED comes in 42 inch, that's the different and a pretty big one. Going from 48-50 to 40-43 inch is a notable improvement for usability

On 1/22/2022 at 1:46 PM, e22big said:

ROG OLED comes in 42 inch, that's the different and a pretty big one. Going from 48-50 to 40-43 inch is a notable improvement for usability

The 42" OLED panel comes from LG, the 42" TV will release 1st, possibly at the same time. Ether way it will be the same situation as with the current 48" gamer OLED versions of the 48" Lg OLED.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

4 hours ago, SolarNova said:

The 42" OLED panel comes from LG, the 42" TV will release 1st, possibly at the same time. Ether way it will be the same situation as with the current 48" gamer OLED versions of the 48" Lg OLED.

That's not a gurantee - so yeah should the RoG came out first there's no reason to just get it if the price's right. That and it will probably have more of a PC monitor in place of the TV one