versus; Lenovo pad pro 2021 rom problems (vs xiaomi mi pad 5 without)

Rijsberman

Hi all!!

I'm in between a super hard choice. I can get the Lenovo pad pro for only 20 euro's more than the mi pad 5. Now the lenovo pad is thinner, feels more premium and has an oled 90 hz screen. The mi pad has 120 hz ips.

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=11042&idPhone2=10925

The biggest problem im seeing in reviews on banggood is that people are saying the global rom is not an official one. Hence widevine l1 is not supported. And netflix etc are in SD. Is there any way to install a rom that does not lock HD in netflix out?  Can't seem to find a solution on any youtube channel. 2 reviews of the lenovo pad 11 pro quoted below;

comment 1
Tablet arrived fast, package was opened by seller and "global" version was installed. Google play store is also installed. Netflix is only in SD widevine L3. No OTA firmware updates are possible. Security is locked at April 1. Screen is okay-ish for the price. Not as crisp and clear as a Samsung or Apple tablet. Jelly scroll is present in portrait mode. I recommend to the seller to stop installing firmware and deliver the tablet factory sealed.

comment 2 great display great speakers great processor, theres 2 problem 1: rom is fake global came with unlocked bootloader 2: Netflix only support sd not even fhd so dolby vision is useless for Netflix

I'm a bit spoiled with an oled phone and oled tv, but these problems seem to destroy the value of going oled over ips. What do u guys think? Another option is a second hand ipad pro 11 2019 from a friend for the same price he barely used. Which is maybe even more premium than the 3 year newer mi pad 5???

On 1/22/2022 at 12:30 PM, huilun02 said:

Ah you should have asked earlier before buying.

The Lenovo Pad Pro 2021 / Xiaoxin Pad Pro is marred by a bad OLED screen and poor ROM support

I bought one instead of the Xiaomi Pad 5 and regreted it.

The screen suffers from severe black crush in low brightness, and pentile pixel matrix just looks not sharp compared to regular IPS. You will either get the stock Chinese ROM with no Google store, or the screwed up unofficial international ROM with unlocked bootloader. Support for rooting and custom ROMs is really poor and hindered by the obscurity of Lenovo products. I am just not going to use it until someone makes a fully functioning custom ROM.

If you are looking at alternative, I highly recommend the Mi Pad 5 Pro. If you insist on an OLED screen, the Samsung Tab S5e will suffice. For watching standard content, I suggest not getting an iPad because the odd aspect ratio will give you big black bars. You will not lose Widevine support on Android for not having any updates.

thanks for the reply! I was exploring a bit more about that oled panel, hard to find info about it.  But the rom support was really scaring me off. Just ordered a xiaomi pad 5! the 5 pro isnt really available here neither and it doesnt bring anything extra for me. 

I think the mi pad 5 effortles rom will really make me happy. And I didnt know that the ipad had a weird aspect ratio 😮 i really liked the desing + how the face id works in all directions. But the mi pad seems the better choice here then. I was thinking of perhaps doing an ipad mini in the future (if they give it 120hz). Really think that size is cool