Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Native Installation of Windows 11/10 ARM on M1 MacBooks.

TechGeek21227412

Is it possible to install windows 10/11 on MacBooks in the same way Linus tries to install Windows on the Pinebook with an ARM processor in this video at 9:40.

He wasn't able to boot it once he installed Windows on it. This is the link to the deployer. Get Deployer - Microsoft Store I know that Apple has to create drivers and stuff for the components but was just wondering whether it would be possible at all to get it booted with Windows on it.

I am aware of Parallels as well as the exclusivity deal. I believe the exclusivity deal just prevents us from legally installing Windows onto ARM devices, I was wondering whether this is a thing which can work disregarding the legal aspects, purely considering the practicality of the solution.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2022 at 9:14 AM, Eigenvektor said:

That seems to be a no: https://www.macrumors.com/2021/11/22/microsoft-qualcomm-arm-windows-exclusive-deal/

But you can install a preview of Windows 11 for ARM through Parallels Desktop: https://kb.parallels.com/125375

The recently ported Linux uses a Raspberry PI image to boot up, was wondering whether a similar approach can be taken for Windows.

2 hours ago, TechGeek21227412 said:

The recently ported Linux uses a Raspberry PI image to boot up, was wondering whether a similar approach can be taken for Windows.

Linux is open source, so you can modify all kinds of stuff. If the ARM version of Windows lacks some fundamental driver, there's not much you can do. Maybe someone will find a hacky way to do it, but it'll probably take a long while.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply