Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sharpie smelling pc

Ginger5456
 Share

Why? Why do I have this smell coming from my pc? It didn't start smelling like this till about a day after I cleaned it out with dusting air.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Ginger5456 said:

Why? Why do I have this smell coming from my pc? It didn't start smelling like this till about a day after I cleaned it out with dusting air.

Is their anything near parts of your pc that are hot that could be potentially melting? I would avoid using your pc till you find the issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jozzey said:

Is their anything near parts of your pc that are hot that could be potentially melting? I would avoid using your pc till you find the 

I think I found it. My power supply fan is not spinning. It trys to move a little when I turn it on but does not keep going. There was some heat coming from the exhaust that I think is warm enough for the fan to have to run but isn't. Does this sound like the problem?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ginger5456 said:

I think I found it. My power supply fan is not spinning. It trys to move a little when I turn it on but does not keep going. There was some heat coming from the exhaust that I think is warm enough for the fan to have to run but isn't. Does this sound like the problem?

I did find the eco switch was on. I flipped it back off. Fan now spins. Possible culprit?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm unsure, could be tho. If the smell stops then it should be all good

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

You also have to be careful if you used canned air, some are quite bad and instead of vaporising spit out what is effectively lighter fuel.

Makes me laugh how they call it "air" when its actually Butane.

They tell you not to use a vacuum cleaner as it can cause static, but I prefer that to spraying something that is explosive personally.

Router:  Quotom-Q555G6-S05 running pfSense WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX (~940Mbit peak)

Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen VDSL (~74Mbit) + VOXI 4G [Vodafone] (~120Mbit) + Three 5G (~500Mbit average)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×