White VGA light on Asus Motherboard

Da Shuby

Hello. I have a mother board issue that i need help with. I have the Asus Strix XX570-E  Gameing Wifi II Mother board and everytime i boot it up the VGA ligthg oes orange Red then white. This is my second mother board and im still having this issue. Ive tested the ram and GPU in other computers and they work. Anybody know how i can fix this? Please responde with clarifying questions or possible soluations 

Oh yeah a POST code/Q code LED indicator.
So is your system booting to your OS ok?

This white VGA LED can mean problems waking the GPU, but it can *also* mean your GPU never detected a display. Is your monitor on and ready before you start your system?
If not, turn it on first and try again

3 minutes ago, Frizz said:

Oh yeah a POST code/Q code LED indicator.
So is your system booting to your OS ok?

This white VGA LED can mean problems waking the GPU, but it can *also* mean your GPU never detected a display. Is your monitor on and ready before you start your system?
If not, turn it on first and try again

I have tried 3 different moniters and i tried the same GPU in a different computer and it worked fine. Whenever i turn it on it says no signel so it doesnt boot at all 

4 minutes ago, Da Shuby said:

I have tried 3 different moniters and i tried the same GPU in a different computer and it worked fine. Whenever i turn it on it says no signel so it doesnt boot at all 

Ahhh so your aren't POSTing. That makes more sense. Just to confirm you tried 3 diff. monitors for this computer and it doesn't boot correct? Just want to make sure the monitor is working.

Couple things to try if so
Try a different cable in the same port

Try a different cable type/port (if using HDMI, try DisplayPort)
If the different port worked, try to narrow down if the graphics card port or the monitor port is messing up.

If that fails then clear CMOS just for good measure.
I understand you tried these components in another computer, but I would suggest min configging/trying to narrow down on your messed up system. We need to verify what on your setup does not work with the nuances of all it's connected parts (I.E. a working part may not work if say your UEFI BIOS is really messed up)
You could go down to one stick of RAM and try another stick in that same slot just to verify you don't have a bad MB DIMM slot (it does happen)
Since you have another computer I would then try a different CPU, different graphics card, try another graphics card slot etc.

If all else fails try a UEFI BIOS re-flash via BIOS flashback

21 minutes ago, Frizz said:

Ahhh so your aren't POSTing. That makes more sense. Just to confirm you tried 3 diff. monitors for this computer and it doesn't boot correct? Just want to make sure the monitor is working.

Couple things to try if so
Try a different cable in the same port

Try a different cable type/port (if using HDMI, try DisplayPort)
If the different port worked, try to narrow down if the graphics card port or the monitor port is messing up.

If that fails then clear CMOS just for good measure.
I understand you tried these components in another computer, but I would suggest min configging/trying to narrow down on your messed up system. We need to verify what on your setup does not work with the nuances of all it's connected parts (I.E. a working part may not work if say your UEFI BIOS is really messed up)
You could go down to one stick of RAM and try another stick in that same slot just to verify you don't have a bad MB DIMM slot (it does happen)
Since you have another computer I would then try a different CPU, different graphics card, try another graphics card slot etc.

If all else fails try a UEFI BIOS re-flash via BIOS flashback

ok i tried different cable same thing i have tried clearing Cmos before same thing. I went from 4-2 sticks of ram andsamething. What port would i use for 1 stick of ram? 

3 minutes ago, Da Shuby said:

ok i tried different cable same thing i have tried clearing Cmos before same thing. I went from 4-2 sticks of ram andsamething. What port would i use for 1 stick of ram? 

You will have to check your MB manual, or sometimes if you look on the board, near the slots it may have say a star next to the text beside the slot. The star means the main slot.

8 minutes ago, Frizz said:

You will have to check your MB manual, or sometimes if you look on the board, near the slots it may have say a star next to the text beside the slot. The star means the main slot.

quick questioni  should be fine trying this but what happens if i put them in the wrong slot?

1 minute ago, Da Shuby said:

quick questioni  should be fine trying this but what happens if i put them in the wrong slot?

As long as you are powering off the system in between and removing the power cable it just wouldn't properly POST. Which well that ship has sailed haha

5 minutes ago, Frizz said:

As long as you are powering off the system in between and removing the power cable it just wouldn't properly POST. Which well that ship has sailed haha

I tried all the different Ram slots and different ram and still got nolthing i also looked at the manaul and found that the phase the MB is in is the "Boot device selection phase is started".. I dont know if that helps at all. (thanks for allt  he help so far hopfully i can get this fixxed) 

• 2 months later...
On 1/21/2022 at 3:59 AM, Da Shuby said:

I tried all the different Ram slots and different ram and still got nolthing i also looked at the manaul and found that the phase the MB is in is the "Boot device selection phase is started".. I dont know if that helps at all. (thanks for allt  he help so far hopfully i can get this fixxed) 

Did you figure out the issue? I believe I might be suffering from a similar issue.

• 7 months later...

Also curious if anybody have solved this. I have the same problem with my Asus B550f Gaming wifi II. After contact with Asus support they said I should RMA. So I did and just got a new board. Same shit. White light and does not boot. Tried flashing bios, other VGA card, different monitors, swapping ram. The only thing I have not tried is a different CPU since I don't have one. Any change of dead CPU?