Media Player that can play two audio tracks at once??

mattdmg

Is there a media player that can play two tracks at once easily? I have my ShadowPlay set to two audio tracks and I just want to have an easy way to view them with both tracks playing. For some reason I can't really find anything like what I am looking for

I have tried using VLC and while it is successful it's not exactly clean or elegant as it uses a .bat file on my desktop. So it's moderately annoying to drag a video file to and ugly icon on my desktop every time I want to quickly view a video.

it's a little unclear what you are trying to do.

playing 2 tracks and mixing them live or have background music and recording a track at the same time? or just playing a video and an audio track at the same time?

you can look into SAW Studio, the newest ones are paid but v5.6 can be found free. It basically is a mixing console with channels for each "track" input, but also does playback for mastering. add as many tracks as you want and edit in the same program. The learning curve for the basics is super simple but ramps up if you start playing with layering tracks and actually mixing.

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

32 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

it's a little unclear what you are trying to do.

playing 2 tracks and mixing them live or have background music and recording a track at the same time? or just playing a video and an audio track at the same time?

you can look into SAW Studio, the newest ones are paid but v5.6 can be found free. It basically is a mixing console with channels for each "track" input, but also does playback for mastering. add as many tracks as you want and edit in the same program. The learning curve for the basics is super simple but ramps up if you start playing with layering tracks and actually mixing.

When you select two tracks for ShadowPlay it separates your system audio and microphone audio. I want to play both at once. I'll give that a look

2 hours ago, mattdmg said:

have tried using VLC and while it is successful it's not exactly clean or elegant as it uses a .bat file on my desktop. So it's moderately annoying to drag a video file to and ugly icon on my desktop every time I want to quickly view a video.

im pretty sure vlc can do this without a bat file, but its neither elegant nor convenient... and also Id have to look it up because i forgot how and am not 100% sure lol.

edit: well, i think thats the same method you're using with command line. however some people say windows media player works, have you tried that?

i cant try it, i wouldn't know if any of my videos have 2 audio tracks...

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity