Motherboard and CPU swap

I have had problems with stutter/micro-stutter in my system, here are my specs: 

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X with Kraken Z63
Motherboard: Asus Tuf Gaming plus wifi X570
RAM: Two 8 Gb Corsair Vengence RGB pro (16Gb)
GPU: RTX 3080 FE
Storage: 500Gb Samsung 970 EVO Plus and 1Tb Samsung 980 Pro NVME M.2
PSU:RM1000X

The performance statistics in Doom Eternal show me a red line in the response time graph whenever it occurs. Should I just switch to Intel? If so, what processor and ATX board will go well with my current specs, I have 800$? I've been dealing with this issue for at least 2 months troubleshooting everything but the issue still persists.

note (if interested):

I have changed the gpu out for a stable 1080, and swapped out ram modules in their correct spots, no help at all. 3080 was tested on a system with linux without the correct drivers and ran like butter. All drivers on my system are up to date.

To make sure this is a CPU issue, have you tried using PBO and AutoOC to give the 3700X a bit more oomph to see if the issue is helped by more CPU performance? Also, have you tried increasing the resolution and settings of the game to see if this still happens when totally GPU bound?

If you've already done the necessary steps to see if it's a CPU bottleneck, I'd just update the BIOS and go for a Ryzen 5000 series chip. It's way cheaper/easier than getting a new motherboard and CPU, and will give you a 10-15% uplift in single core performance. 

Thanks for the responses. Enabling PBO and AutoOC yields a negative/worse performance in my case, I'm pretty sure this screams that there is something wrong with the CPU. I saw core clocks fluctuate whenever a stutter occurred. My only concern is that a 5000 series will give me the same results, did I just get unlucky? Bios is up to date as well.

Last time I had this problem, XMP wasn't enabled. Did you enable XMP for your ram?

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

I have the default configuration of DOCP enabled, not XMP I don't have the option to turn it on. My memory is running at the specified 3200MHz. Can the stuttering actually be a result of the default configurations not being optimal to my cpu?

1 hour ago, dannlupil said:

I have the default configuration of DOCP enabled, not XMP I don't have the option to turn it on. My memory is running at the specified 3200MHz. Can the stuttering actually be a result of the default configurations not being optimal to my cpu?

Getting PBO to work properly can take some tweaking, as totally unlocking the power limits can result in some thermal throttling due to the way Precision Boost works (not to be confused with PBO).

Did you try running the game at a higher resolution and maxing out the graphics settings to minimize the load on the CPUonIn the Nvidia control panel you can enable a super sampling mode that allows your GPU to output at a higher than native resolution. If that stops the issue, tthe yes, the CPU is likely the problem, but if it still occurs then switching out the CPU likely won't help.

I did not mess with Nvidia control panel, this super sampling is referred to DSR correct? As for maxing the card out, yes I have, I crank everything up. When you say that switching out the cpu may not help, do you mean if I swap out for another AMD product? 

29 minutes ago, dannlupil said:

I did not mess with Nvidia control panel, this super sampling is referred to DSR correct? As for maxing the card out, yes I have, I crank everything up. When you say that switching out the cpu may not help, do you mean if I swap out for another AMD product? 

Yes, DSR, and no, if you're GPU bottlenecking, no CPU from any brand will help you.

So the issue still happens when GPU limited?

I enabled DSR and I'm bottlenecking the GPU the stutter still occurs... Can this be because of a setting in the motherboards bios? I am unsure how to make the GPU limited. Here is the site of my mobo: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/TUF-Gaming/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS-WI-FI/HelpDesk_Download/

Here I installed the Audio, bluetooth, lan, wifi and bios version 4022. Am I causing myself issues for not getting the VGA one? It's strange because in google chrome, if there is an image on a website it does stutter a bit but once it loads in everything is fine. I have hardware acceleration on specifically for youtube because it makes it fluid, if it is off youtube looks unstable.