Multiple Windows blue-screens, almost daily

ajamespri68

I have an Aorus 15P laptop (i7-11800H, 16GB RAM, RTX 3060) and I have been experiencing Windows blue-screen crashes almost daily. I have looked into it a bit, and have found some potential causes.

After the most recent crash, I looked in the Windows Event Viewer and, it shows that volmgr, Event ID 161, has an error that says, "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." At the same time, Service Control Manager, Event ID 7023 came up with an error that says "The Function Discovery Resource Publication service terminated with the following error: The requested address is not valid in its context." BugCheck, Event ID 1001 also says that it has rebooted from a bugcheck (blue screen) and says, "The bugcheck was: 0x0000010e (0x000000000000002d, 0xffffe20e53239750, 0xffffe20e4ba5f840, 0xffffc88cc6d7e8e0). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 84829726-a2b8-497a-beec-7a4a9d04606e."

Another cause of these crashes is nvlddmkm, Event ID 13, with the following message:
"The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video8
Graphics Exception: ESR 0x5147b0=0x103000e 0x5147b4=0x20 0x5147a8=0xc81eb60 0x5147ac=0x1174

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table"

Both of the above errors cause a blue-screen with Windows crash and reboot. I have done some research and couldn't find much other than maybe the volmgr error could be tied to either a driver issue or a disk issue, although using the dskchk program in cmd came up with no disk issues. I don't know how to repair drivers manually, if possible, and I am hoping I could get some help with that.

After a bit of looking in Windows Event Viewer, I have found another error that is concerning to me: Netwtw10, Event ID 5005, "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed." and "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly." I have been having issues with wifi connectivity and I notice that it will just drop out for no apparent reason and it takes a while to pick up local wifi signals that I use regularly.

I am not sure what i should/can do to fix these issues and I would appreciate any help anyone can offer

54 minutes ago, ajamespri68 said:

I have an Aorus 15P laptop (i7-11800H, 16GB RAM, RTX 3060) and I have been experiencing Windows blue-screen crashes almost daily. I have looked into it a bit, and have found some potential causes.

After the most recent crash, I looked in the Windows Event Viewer and, it shows that volmgr, Event ID 161, has an error that says, "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." At the same time, Service Control Manager, Event ID 7023 came up with an error that says "The Function Discovery Resource Publication service terminated with the following error: The requested address is not valid in its context." BugCheck, Event ID 1001 also says that it has rebooted from a bugcheck (blue screen) and says, "The bugcheck was: 0x0000010e (0x000000000000002d, 0xffffe20e53239750, 0xffffe20e4ba5f840, 0xffffc88cc6d7e8e0). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 84829726-a2b8-497a-beec-7a4a9d04606e."

Another cause of these crashes is nvlddmkm, Event ID 13, with the following message:
"The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video8
Graphics Exception: ESR 0x5147b0=0x103000e 0x5147b4=0x20 0x5147a8=0xc81eb60 0x5147ac=0x1174

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table"

Both of the above errors cause a blue-screen with Windows crash and reboot. I have done some research and couldn't find much other than maybe the volmgr error could be tied to either a driver issue or a disk issue, although using the dskchk program in cmd came up with no disk issues. I don't know how to repair drivers manually, if possible, and I am hoping I could get some help with that.

After a bit of looking in Windows Event Viewer, I have found another error that is concerning to me: Netwtw10, Event ID 5005, "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed." and "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly." I have been having issues with wifi connectivity and I notice that it will just drop out for no apparent reason and it takes a while to pick up local wifi signals that I use regularly.

I am not sure what i should/can do to fix these issues and I would appreciate any help anyone can offer

You don’t repair drivers. You write over em.  I might go whole hog and do some sort of reinstall while I’m at it.  There’s an app called crystal disk info that might help.  Its more in depth than chkdsk.  I think it’s free.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Using Intel's Update Utility make sure all of your drivers are up to date. You can find the most up to date drivers for your GPU here.

Open a command prompt as admin and run: sfc /scannow

This will check your OS for corrupt or missing files.