Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Two versions of Nvidia RTX 3080?

Go to solution Solved by GuiltySpark_,

Yes the 10GB and 12GB versions as you noted. The later was just announced last week. If you Google 3080 12GB there are plenty of news stories to catch up. 

Hi all!

Whilst daydreaming about RTX 30 series GPUs I found something curious on nvidias homepage. The RTX 3080 lists two cuda core counts (8960 / 8704), two base clock speeds (1.26 / 1.44) and two VRAM configs (12GB / 10GB) in the specs. See the attached screenshot and https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/graphics-cards/30-series/rtx-3080-3080ti/. I tried to figure out whether there are two versions of that card, but didn't find anything. Does anyone know what's up with that?

Best regards

El Brodini

image.png

Yes the 10GB and 12GB versions as you noted. The later was just announced last week. If you Google 3080 12GB there are plenty of news stories to catch up. 

5800x/3090

5 hours ago, El_Brodini said:

Hi all!

Whilst daydreaming about RTX 30 series GPUs I found something curious on nvidias homepage. The RTX 3080 lists two cuda core counts (8960 / 8704), two base clock speeds (1.26 / 1.44) and two VRAM configs (12GB / 10GB) in the specs. See the attached screenshot and https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/graphics-cards/30-series/rtx-3080-3080ti/. I tried to figure out whether there are two versions of that card, but didn't find anything. Does anyone know what's up with that?

Best regards

El Brodini

image.png

Say you have two GPUs with 350watts to play with.

One maybe has more shaders than the other,..to power those extra shaders at the same power limit, those shaders are clocked down a bit to fit within the power envelope. (but there is more of them so it's still usually faster or game dependent but usually faster by a fraction at Higher Resolutions)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz