Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sometimes no splash screen with my new motherboard.

I just bought a new Asus B660 motherboard to pair with a 12400F.  I run a computer with 3 monitors, 2 on DisplayPort (including my main), and the other on HDMI (soon to be on DP).

When I installed the motherboard and CPU, I was worried that something had gone wrong, I had screwed my GPU up or RAM was bad or something.  Turns out that I had to plug in ONLY the HDMI monitor to get a post.  Now, when I got to Windows, I started plugging in my 2 DP monitors in, eventually I have everything working fine.  Now when I reboot, I get no ASUS splash screen and can't enter the BIOS.  I have tried hitting delete and F2 on bootup, never got anything.  First thing I get is the Windows log in screen.  Now when I go and unplug my DP monitors and only use the HDMI one, I get the splash screen and can easily enter the BIOS.

I have looked online and tried have tried to fine a setting in my BIOS to disable the iGPU and go to the GPU, but it is not there.  I just got off of the phone with Asus and was told to disable fast boot and that would fix the problem.  It did not.

Does anyone have a clue what I need to do to get this working normally?  I don't want to have to be unplugging monitors in everytime I need to go to the BIOS or potentially boot a USB drive.

Thanks for the help.

Splash screen is likely showing up on your DP monitor and it’s either wakes up slow or you have DP Deep Sleep enabled on it. You may be able to turn that off. 

I own one very old DP monitor that’s just super slow to wake up but you can still enter the BIOS by smashing the Del key at boot. 

5800x/3090

I am not sure if that is the case or not.  On my old motherboard, I had no problem getting a splash screen from either DP monitor.  I also took my PC to a friend's house who has a similar setup (3 monitors, 2 DP and 1 HDMI), but all of his monitors are nicer than mine, and it was the same problems there too.  I also cannot get into the BIOS by repeatedly hitting delete unless it is the HDMI monitor only.