Skypad 3.0 XL (glass mousepad)

Doobeedoo

As a fan of hardpads, especially glasspads, this one really ticks pretty much everything.

First, for a hardpad, it's size, it's quite a large sheet of tempered glass, it's like a small window sized or around my monitor size different aspect ratio. This is their largest pad yet, also they made it thinner and smoother.

So it's size is 40x50x0.3cm / 15.7×19.7×0.12inch while also first time it's thinner, both glass and feet, than older models and they also etched it's surface differently for a more smoother feel thus faster. 

Comparing to older models, which had 4mm glass and 2mm feet this one has 3.2mm glass and 0.5mm feet so total 6mm vs 3.7mm and 50% faster with new etching process. 

In short, larger, faster, thinner.

Now I used their older model and while I didn't have any issue with it's height, it's like thicker cloth pads, around there, it's quite nice it's more flushed. As for surface, not that I had an issue with older but this one does feel more smooth to the touch and glide. Note I'm using stock Zowie skates which are semi-worn or there about. Not I feel it's an issue, just a note. 

It's not like that air-hockey table if you ever played where it feels gliding like on actual ice. It's definitely a speed pad you'd expect from a hard pad though. I'd say it's a fine balance between speed and control, with obviously more towards speed though. I play competitive fps games and I love this thing. 

I supported it on Kickstarter pledge for €99 so I also received a traveling sleeve. It's a large carrying with a handle yes bag, like laptops have. 

Total for the pad and shipping it was €119 and to me worth it. It will last forever, never to wear out or get uneven at spots etc.

Some pictures: 🙂

20220120_153626.jpg

20220120_153528.jpg

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Corsair K63 Cherry MX red | Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

20220120_130114.jpg

20220120_130121.jpg

20220120_130141.jpg

20220120_153825.jpg

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Corsair K63 Cherry MX red | Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

20220120_130053.jpg

Interesting. I just ordered me a Glorious Air and Ice pads with the Ice being a glass pad if I have them in the correct orientation. May need to look at this if I don't like either of these. Starting to think a lot of my problems aren't exactly the mice i use, but cloth surfaces and the drag they create making the mice feel that heavier and work my wrist/forearm more as a result of that increased drag. Though I dont know if this will be a good idea for me as I had previously used the Logitech Powerplay Mat and the raised edges from that caused irritation to my wrist/forearm area from the elevated height. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 hour ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Interesting. I just ordered me a Glorious Air and Ice pads with the Ice being a glass pad if I have them in the correct orientation. May need to look at this if I don't like either of these. Starting to think a lot of my problems aren't exactly the mice i use, but cloth surfaces and the drag they create making the mice feel that heavier and work my wrist/forearm more as a result of that increased drag. Though I dont know if this will be a good idea for me as I had previously used the Logitech Powerplay Mat and the raised edges from that caused irritation to my wrist/forearm area from the elevated height. 

Well there are speed cloth pads with less friction. Depends what you want. Also lighter mice. As for Powerplay can't tell how those edges are, though even on thicker glass I had no issues, this new one is very thin even.

I’ve never seen a glass mousepad, but I am sure it is very silky smooth. Probably feels nice and weighty because I have never seen a glass mousepad. This kinda shocked me and it looks very interesting.

how are you doing today