Need Recommendations on Selected Parts

Davygreat

Hello All!

My brother is wanting to build his first pc and with me only recently building my own I'm still iffy on what parts are best especially right now with the gpu drought. I attached a pc parts picker build he assembled and am curious of any fat to be trimmed or parts that would be better suited to fit his build. Any and all feedback is much appreciated 馃檪

Thanks!

image.png

19 minutes ago, Davygreat said:

Hello All!

My brother is wanting to build his first pc and with me only recently building my own I'm still iffy on what parts are best especially right now with the gpu drought. I attached a pc parts picker build he assembled and am curious of any fat to be trimmed or parts that would be better suited to fit his build. Any and all feedback is much appreciated 馃檪

Thanks!

image.png

Whats the budget?

PSU Tier List聽 聽AMD Motherboard Tier List聽 聽SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the聽community.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DKNnTn

Spend the rest of your budget on the fastest video card you can find.聽

The 12100F is a little worse in multicore, but it is a lot faster in single core, so in games it will be a bit faster. Everything else is as cheap as you can get while still being quality and fast enough (or in the case of the motherboard, having a good enough port selection that you won't hate yourself). The power supply should comfortably be able to power a 3070Ti/6800XT, so don't feel restricted when picking a video card.聽

Personally, I'd wait a week or so to see what MSI/ASRock announce for their B660/H670 pricing before buying, but if you can get a 12100F for MSRP this would be a great build.

38 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The 12100F is a little worse in multicore, but it is a lot faster in single core, so in games it will be a bit faster.

Depends on the games you are playing though cause some games require more cores since 6 cores is pretty much the sweetspot nowadays

1 minute ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Depends on the games you are playing though cause some games require more cores since 6 cores is pretty much the sweetspot nowadays

Yeah, its a tossup. I'd still go 12100F since its a newer platform, and it should be cheaper. If not, 12400F is a better option.

13 hours ago, Tech87 said:

Whats the budget?

His budget was roughly 1000$

12 minutes ago, Davygreat said:

His budget was roughly 1000$

Here's聽my take on a build with a $1,000 budget.

I left the video card off, as $400 should be enough to net you an RTX 3050, when they're launched next week, assuming you can get your hands on one.

PSU Tier List聽 聽AMD Motherboard Tier List聽 聽SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the聽community.

Graphics cards are extremely expensive if purchased alone.聽 so you probably want to buy a whole system and pick the parts according to budget from the global seller.