Motherboard backplate b450

ishyB

I’m back again 🤦‍♂️ 

so basically I bought this motherboard B450 Tomahawk and it came without a backplate as the previous owner took it.

I got it for real cheap so I didn’t think much and ordered this backplate for the amd stock stealth cooler:

Idealforce AMD CPU Fan Bracket for AM4 (B350 X370 A320 X470) Socket Retention Mounting Bracket,for hook-type air-cooled or partially water-cooled radiators (B120/B240) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07M8G1C31/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_RJZ4MHA5E5153XJ2NHDM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I tried fitting this and realised that the screw to fit it in is too short to reach so now I’ve found this one which I think is the correct one I need

Nikou Backplate - CPU Heatsink Bracket Backplane Backplate Good Heat Dissipation Back Sheet Iron Plate Stable Durable for AM4 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08FTCWJCY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_XAXC6KD6QWKTQ709DW1D?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

just wanted to confirm if this the right choice lol or I’ll have to order and return again 

thanks guys for the help in advance

no clue how I’ve managed to build PC’s so far lol

20 minutes ago, ishyB said:

Nikou Backplate

I know this one will work for sure as I have one on my B550 board. Are you using a stock cooler, or something aftermarket? A stock cooler will require the 2 plastic brackets and 4 screws. An aftermarket cooler should come with everything you need to mount it.  

1 minute ago, Founders said:

I know this one will work for sure as I have one on my B550 board. Are you using a stock cooler, or something aftermarket? A stock cooler will require the 2 plastic brackets and 4 screws. An aftermarket cooler should come with everything you need to mount it.  

Just using the stock cooler AMD Wraith Stealth Cooler and the one I bought (first link) the screw holder is just about short for it

I don’t have the old wraith spire with the clip on thing for the plastic bit so I unscrewed that and tried fitting it but the screw holder doesn’t even pop out of the hole on the motherboard so it’s too short

3 minutes ago, ishyB said:

Just using the stock cooler AMD Wraith Stealth Cooler and the one I bought (first link) the screw holder is just about short for it

I don’t have the old wraith spire with the clip on thing for the plastic bit so I unscrewed that and tried fitting it but the screw holder doesn’t even pop out of the hole on the motherboard so it’s too short

Are you sure the retaining nut is fully pressed into the hex shaped plastic channels in the back of the plastic backplate?

this is the most it goes the backplate is fully in I even tried pushing it with my hand but no clue doesn’t reach even with a lot of pressure.

sidenote the wraiths screws seem to make a loud noise when trying to screw in I’m guessing are the springs but idk on other video turoials there’s tends to stick out a bit whereas this doesn’t so I’m guessing I ordered the wrong part

thanks for your help as well btw

5283843E-B6CC-4383-A315-2C45E2114D7B.thumb.jpeg.6391490388032bee94105b3a09355490.jpeg

Can you provide a picture of the back of the plastic backplate? I'm curious if the standoffs are pressed in as far as they'll go. 

Here sorry for the late replies, I’m super lost/confused, its loose obviously as nothing to connect to 

254B95AE-372D-435A-AF26-AF21F4A6EDD4.thumb.jpeg.80339d34a5dac82123fcda6dbb114c97.jpeg