My fps in games are fine but it feels low?

Oliver Palmer

Games feel very choppy and low fps even though fps is like 70 - 90. I don't think its micro stutters. the game just feels like the fps is low. I am very confused and cant seem to find an answer on how to fix this. It has made the games that this happens on very annoying to play. Please help

What is your monitor refresh rate? If it's 60Hz, you ain't gaining anything running higher fps. Stable 60 would feel better then.

1 hour ago, RageTester said:

What is your monitor refresh rate? If it's 60Hz, you ain't gaining anything running higher fps. Stable 60 would feel better then.

my monitor was originally 60 hz but I overclocked to 75 (I made sure there is no frame skipping or anything)

higher fps even on a monitor that cant output that many frames still helps with input delay and over all smoothness of the game just not as much as if the monitor had higher hz. unless I'm just wrong but I'm pretty sure that's how it works. thanks for the reply either way

1 hour ago, Jonnyswboy said:

Try fullscreen (not borderless). And make sure if you have G-Sync it is set to fullscreen applications only.

thanks I will try this. I've been using borderless for everything. I don't have G-sync but I will try fullscreen. hopefully it helps. 

2 hours ago, Jonnyswboy said:

Try fullscreen (not borderless). And make sure if you have G-Sync it is set to fullscreen applications only.

sadly this hasn't seemed to work at all. it still looks very choppy and low fps

Stop overclocking things, just cuz you can. Did it feel bad at original 60 too? Give fps limiter a chance.

14 hours ago, Oliver Palmer said:

sadly this hasn't seemed to work at all. it still looks very choppy and low fps

I had the same issue.It was laggy,but whenever I tried windowed mode it fixed the problem!Try and play on Windowed and see if that changes anything.

19 hours ago, RageTester said:

Stop overclocking things, just cuz you can. Did it feel bad at original 60 too? Give fps limiter a chance.

I see where you are coming from about overclocking but yes it felt just as bad at 60hz. I have tested 60 hz, 75 hz, 60 fps and 90 fps but the issue never really changes. I should do more testing though.

13 hours ago, saba17 said:

I had the same issue.It was laggy,but whenever I tried windowed mode it fixed the problem!Try and play on Windowed and see if that changes anything.

I will try windowed. I've only been doing windowed borderless and fullscreen.

15 hours ago, saba17 said:

Sadly this has not worked either. still very choppy

SO I THINK I FIXED THE ISSUE. Some games have this problem when you have 2 monitors on. So I just turned my second monitor off and it got rid of the issue. thank all of you for trying to help!

edit: it slowy got worse as I played even with the second monitor off but it was still a better