Desktop cooler on laptop

aptal

Hi everyone!

I bought a razer laptop motherboard with i7 10750h and rtx 2060. My plan is to convert it to some kind of a consol sized pc. I am working in a custom metal factory i will be making case myself and get the heatsink from a custom heatsink factory. My aim is just to see how it is going to be, if I succeed in this one i will buy a high end laptop motherboard with a high tdp for its gpu. My question is, is there any way to control a 120 mm thin desktop pc fan from laptops fan control center?

thist could be wrong title if it is can someone tell where should i write to?

most laptop fans I'm aware of run 5v DC but you would have to check your laptop's specific fans. Noctua NF-F12 5V would run on the same voltage and shouldn't have any issues with amperage so it's just adapting the fan power connector to the laptop one.

You will have trouble finding info on this kind of mod since most people would just run the fan at 100% because it will be quiet enough not to notice

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

2 hours ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

most laptop fans I'm aware of run 5v DC but you would have to check your laptop's specific fans. Noctua NF-F12 5V would run on the same voltage and shouldn't have any issues with amperage so it's just adapting the fan power connector to the laptop one.

You will have trouble finding info on this kind of mod since most people would just run the fan at 100% because it will be quiet enough not to notice

Wow i really didn’t thought there will be any fans that i can connect to motherboard, i was planning to power them separately. Thank you so much

I know it’s quite unique, i want to make it as better as it gets. Motherboard still not delivered, right now planning some heatsinks.

Thank you again!