Why is Lubuntu refusing to let me install anything?

Cool Dude 101

Ok so when I try and install anything I download i get prompted with this:

It says there is unmet dependencies but doesn't tell me what they are.

How do I find out what they are? 

It does this with google and virtualbox, the only things I tried to install.

image.png.ecd29b143400b604186b6233b2bd8d40.png

4 minutes ago, WickedThunder86 said:

If this is a new installation (which it sounds like it is, if Chrome and Virtualbox are the only things attempted to be installed) then the system will have the same packages it came installed with "out of box", so I fail to see how any would be broken. Though I suppose it could happen if something weird went on during driver installation or something.

Quite often the error produced by a graphical package installer has very little to do with what the actual problem is. I would suggest that OP runs.

sudo apt update

from a Terminal window. If that succeeds, try installing Chrome with

sudo apt install google-chrome-stable

Post the output of these commands here; that should allow us to get a better idea of what is going on.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

I don't know if this maters but it is running on a SD card on  a raspberry pi 4 8gb.

I will try these when I get the chance.

Thank you!

17 hours ago, Cool Dude 101 said:

I don't know if this maters but it is running on a SD card on  a raspberry pi 4 8gb.

I will try these when I get the chance.

Thank you!

That's the problem. Chorme and virtualbox are not supported on ARM based platforms(except android). You need to use chromium or Firefox for a web browser.