HELP - PC Headphones

Cal18

I need some high quality affordable headphones for gaming. As much as I'm aware people are going to hate this I'd prefer them with a built in mouth piece. I've been looking at the Logitech G703 but want some thoughts/opinions if there are some more affordable options out there. Currently running turtle beach recons but they are tragically bad and are starting to die.

Peopls definitions of "affordable" are different. A specific budget and currency would be nice. My Razer Barracuda X's are quite good for tthe price, so that would be my recommendation.
Inspiron 15 5510
(i7-11390h/Iris Xe/16gb)

From what I have head the HyperX Cloud 2 seems like a really popular option and I know a bunch of people that swear by them.

I would not recommend Logitech Headsets as I've had 2 of them myself, which both had an ear cup break off after a while and I have two friends with the same issue.

Sennheiser's PC38X. They are the best hands down for gaming (especially) and pretty much everything else you wanna do like mixing audio or watching movies. And it's not me saying this, but literally every audio on YouTube.

Only downside, kinda expensive. But it often goes for sale down to 120 bucks. If you can stretch your budget that far, they are great

• CPU
    r5 5600x
  • Motherboard
    Arous b550 pro ac v1
  • RAM
    Tcreate 32gb ddr4 3600 cl18
  • GPU
    1660 super
  • Storage
    SN570 1tb
  • PSU
    Corsair CX750
  • Audio
    Lots of chi-fi iems
  • Operating System
    Windows 11 (lastest)

Do you mean the logitech g733? g703 appears to be a mouse.

Not to knock the headset world, because they are good and useful products, but I prefer a pair of "audiophile" headphones with an added microphone.  I have ordered a pair of shp9500 + neego boom mic and I also added a vmoda boom pro just so I could compare everything and have a strong understanding of the quality because I recommend this setup all the time.

I have only had a couple gaming headsets.  The Sennheiser Game One was excellent and my daily driver for everything for a number of years, the build quality was good as in it withstood several instances where I got up from my computer and walked away with them still on and several instances of being chucked at a wall before they started getting a little glitchy, I still have them but accidentally threw away the replacement wire because I thought it was the one that was broken.  The second headset I've had was the Razer Kraken and it was amazing for gaming and garbage for everything else.

If you had to use a headset I would recommend something from Sennheiser because at the least they will sound good enough for everything.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission