Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sound BlasterX G6 with Sennheiser HD 650?

Gamer Schnitzel

I am thinking of buying the Sound BlasterX G6 to pair with my Sennheiser HD 650 but I cannot find any information on impedance for the Sound BlasterX G6. Does anyone know if they can actually run my headphones? Is this a good buy?

It's just for gaming.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sound+blaster+g6+impedence&oq=sound+blaster+g6+impedence&aqs=chrome..69i57.9446j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 Quick google search would have answered this o.o

1 Ohm (Output) 150 to 600 Ohms (High Gain) 16 to 149 Ohms (Low Gain) 16 to 600 Ohms (Headphone) for this version

Claiming to drive 600ohm headphones doesn't mean it will sound good at any volume.

I need to do more testing but my 600ohm headphones don't sound as good on a $500 dac/amp as they do on the same dac with a $300 stereo amplifier and this is even at lower volumes.  When an amp runs out of juice to fill in the notes it losses overall dynamic range and the bass starts to get boomy and muddy, also clarity starts to suffer.

I need to get a comparatively underpowered amp to test this on because everything has it's own dac built in and it's difficult to make a one to one comparison.

*edit: a $200 stack will drive the 650 plenty well, I can't say for the soundblaster though.  The 650 is going to be the upper limits if it can.

Cans                                          Amps                                                               Speakers                                      Mic

Sennheiser 6xx                          Topping DX7 (dac/amp) (class D balanced)     Micca RB42                                  Antlion ModMic Uni

Beyerdynamic DT880-600         Emotiva A-100 (class A)                                                                                         Vmoda Boom Pro

Phillips Fidelio X3                      Nobsound Little Bear P7 (pure tube)                 Accessories                                Neego boom mic

Harmonicdyne Zeus                   Little dot MKII (pure tube)                                  Dekoni, Brainwavz and ZMF pads

Fostex T50RP                            Darkvoice 336SE (pure tube)                            Hart and Periapt cables

HiFi-man HE400i (2017)            Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)                Yoga Blocks (headphone stands)

Blue Microphones Lola               Xduoo MT-602 (class A hybrid tube)

Koss KPH30iCL                          Schiit Fulla (class D dac/amp)                          Headset

AKG K-361-BT                                                                                                      Turtle Beach Stealth 700 v2 + adapter

Phillips shp9500

AKG K240 studio

HD650 is adequate with SoundblasterX G6 when using high gain. Also the impedance is around 2 ohms, so nothing to worry about.

CPU: RYZEN 9 5950X | GPU: SAPPHIRE NITRO+ AMD RADEON 6800XT | MB: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK | RAM: G.SKILL TRIDENT Z NEO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600 | COOLING: NOCTUA NH-D15, CORSAIR ML120 & ML140 | CASE: IN-WIN 707 | 5.25" BAY: LG WH16NS60 INTERNAL BLU-RAY OPTICAL DRIVE | KEYBOARD: CORSAIR K95 PLATINUM XT BROWN SWITCH | MOUSE: LOGITECH G903 HERO | CONTROLLER: PDP AFTERGLOW WIRED CONTROLLER | PSU: SEASONIC PRIME PLATINUM 1000W | UPS: POWERSHIELD COMMANDER TOWER 1100VA | DISPLAYS: LG 34GN850, 2x DELL S2719DGF (portrait) | TV: LG C1 48" | AMPLIFIER: MARANTZ SR7013, YAMAHA AS-501 | SPEAKERS: DALI ZENSOR 5 & DALI ZENSOR VOKAL & JAMO A310 SATELLITE & 2x SVS-SB2000 | HEADPHONE DAC+AMP: TOPPING L30+E30 | HEADPHONE: SENNHEISER HD6XX | MICROPHONE: AUDIO-TECHNICA AT9934USB | BLU-RAY PLAYER: PANASONIC UB820