GSkill Ripjawz 2x16 3200mhz WILL NOT run at said 3200mhz

arsenxl

Hello! I recently bought 2x16 of GSkill Ripjawz 3200mhz RAM. However, when I try to set the RAM to the desired speed of 3200mhz in the BIOS, I get about 10 seconds into my desktop and get the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD Error code. I can run 2666 mhz all day and never have any issues, but that鈥檚 not what I paid for 馃槥聽. I鈥檓 not too sure if there鈥檚 something I鈥檓 doing wrong or what but I am becoming very annoyed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

specs are as follows

CPU: Intel i7-9700k

GPU: EVGA 1070 SC聽

MOBO: MPG Z390 Gaming PLUS

9 minutes ago, arsenxl said:

Hello! I recently bought 2x16 of GSkill Ripjawz 3200mhz RAM. However, when I try to set the RAM to the desired speed of 3200mhz in the BIOS, I get about 10 seconds into my desktop and get the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD Error code. I can run 2666 mhz all day and never have any issues, but that鈥檚 not what I paid for 馃槥聽. I鈥檓 not too sure if there鈥檚 something I鈥檓 doing wrong or what but I am becoming very annoyed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

specs are as follows

CPU: Intel i7-9700k

GPU: EVGA 1070 SC聽

MOBO: MPG Z390 Gaming PLUS

Make sure you use slot A2 B2. Try setting frequency, timings and dram voltage manually. You can download Aida64, go to motherboard ->spd to see full timings table. Or use primary timings ie. 16-18-18-36

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D |聽Motherboard: Gigabyte B550聽Elite V2 |聽RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz |聽PSU:聽EVGA SuperNova聽750 G3 |聽Monitor:聽LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 |聽
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT |聽Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K |聽Case:聽Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage:聽MP510聽960gb and 860 Evo 500gb |聽Cooling:聽CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.聽

Are you using XMP? Are there several profiles (like 1/2)?

if not, how are you setting the speed?

The direction tells you... the direction.聽

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition)聽

MSI Afterburner聽

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper聽

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity聽

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop聽

Superposition聽

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Are you using XMP? Are there several profiles (like 1/2)?

if not, how are you setting the speed?

I have tried setting the speeds through the advanced DRAM overclocking on my bios and letting the PC handle it using XMP. Both methods give me the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD

7 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

Make sure you use slot A2 B2. Try setting frequency, timings and dram voltage manually. You can download Aida64, go to motherboard ->spd to see full timings table. Or use primary timings ie. 16-18-18-36

I tried using the 16-18-18-36 timings, to no avail. I will try the Aida64 method when I get back to my PC and I will update this post later.

12 hours ago, arsenxl said:

I tried using the 16-18-18-36 timings, to no avail. I will try the Aida64 method when I get back to my PC and I will update this post later.

Yeah was just an example, was a typo, should have said eg.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D |聽Motherboard: Gigabyte B550聽Elite V2 |聽RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz |聽PSU:聽EVGA SuperNova聽750 G3 |聽Monitor:聽LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 |聽
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT |聽Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K |聽Case:聽Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage:聽MP510聽960gb and 860 Evo 500gb |聽Cooling:聽CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.聽