Gigabyte void my warranty on a RTX3090 turbo due to the sticker falling off

Jjziets

I have been having issues with my Gigabyte RTX 3090 turbo down clocking even with memory junction temps low and core temps low.  I have been informed that the card warranty is void as the serial sticker is no longer attached to the gpu. 

image.png.7ff210dd06b1b7d9b9af5f48699889c4.png

That's not what they said. They said to keep the sticker safe as it's fallen off. In the event you need to RMA the card, you'll need to provide the sticker as well, but it doesn't need to be stuck to the same place as before. They're not anti-tamper stickers so they're not there to check if you've replaced the sticker or anything. 

I can't find the sticker. so warranty void as the sticker fell off. the card is a year old and a few times I have removed dust from the  pc case so I assume the sticker was sucked up at some point. 

13 minutes ago, Jjziets said:

I can't find the sticker. so warranty void as the sticker fell off. the card is a year old and a few times I have removed dust from the  pc case so I assume the sticker was sucked up at some point. 

Dont vacuum your GPU, blow it using an electric air duster such as the ED500 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

If they indeed voided your warranty, it is not because sticker fell off. It is because now they can't confirm if the card you are presenting them is the same as the card you bought. Sadly, device swapping is a known scam, so you should take care to keep the sticker. It is almost impossible to get it off without destroying it, so if it is intact, just not on your GPU, then they can assume glue was faulty and it really fell off on its own. If you don't present nay sticker, how can they tell if you are honest or try to scam them, giving them back older or even stolen card?

the serial is on the box yes. There use to be away to get the serial number from the device but now the driver call provides N/A. There is a small sticker on the PCB. Is there no relation between that number and the serial number? 

1 hour ago, DoctorNick said:

Dont vacuum your GPU, blow it using an electric air duster such as the ED500 

I did not vacuum the GPU. I cleaned the pc case from dust. The GPU back was facing down so i could not see that the sticker was lose or missing until I started experience the throttling.