event id 42 is missing from event viewer

cns00

assume that you close the laptop lid at time x and the laptop goes to sleep and you open the laptop lid at time y and the laptop wakes up from sleep

if you check the event viewer at time y then there is an event id 42 at time x saying that the laptop went to sleep and there is an event id 1 at time y mentioning the sleep time and wake up time

a common problem which happens to any laptop is that the laptop doesnt wake up from sleep when you open the laptop lid. the laptop lights turn on but the screen is still off and you cant do anything so you are forced to force shutdown the laptop and switch it back on

i installed windows 10 build 2004 on my laptop on oct 2020. i keep my xbox one controller plugged into the laptop by using a usb wire. also fast startup is disabled. the laptop always woke up from sleep and the screen came on each time i opened the lid and then on jan 10 2022 my laptop didnt wake up from sleep and the screen didnt switch on when i opened the laptop lid. also the light of xbox one controller was off when i opened the laptop lid. i did force shutdown and i switched on the laptop. the laptop is working normally after that

i checked the event viewer after the issue happened. there was no event id 1 at time y. that's normal because the laptop didnt wake up from sleep. also there was no event id 42 at time x. the issue happened at 7am on jan 10 and i had closed the laptop lid on jan 9 at 10pm and the laptop went to sleep

i did some research on what can prevent a laptop from waking up from sleep. i found out that either the graphics driver or a power option can cause that issue. it's not my graphics driver because i hadnt updated my graphics driver before the issue happened and it is working fine. thus it should be a power option which caused the issue. i found out that hibernate can prevent the laptop from waking up from sleep. also if usb selective suspend is enabled in the advanced power plan then it also can prevent the laptop from waking up from sleep

usb selective suspend switches off usb ports to save power. when i opened the laptop lid when the issue happened the usb port to which i plugged in the xbox one controller could have been switched off due to usb selective suspend so the xbox one controller didnt switch on and the laptop froze and it didnt wake up from sleep. what i want to know is can that cause the missing event id 42 for when i closed the laptop lid on jan 9 at 10pm?

when does windows record event id 42 in the event viewer?
a) at time x when you close the laptop lid and the laptop sleeps

b) at time y when you open the laptop lid and the laptop wakes up from sleep and it records that event id 42 happened at time x and event id 1 happened at time y (both things happen at time y)