This youtube ad is such a scam

generic000

Has anyone else seen a YouTube preroll ad for Novimaxx? It is ridiculous. It starts by someone plugging in an Ethernet cable that goes to a bare coil of wire to boost internet speed, and just goes down hill from there. Every clip of their internet speed increasing is obviously faked. They even tell you to do a factory reset on your router every day to keep your ISP from throttling your internet. The outright scams that get ad space on YouTube is shocking sometimes. I have never reported anything in my life, but I reported this.

Its ~1.5 + minutes of outright falsehoods before they even tell you what the product is. It looks like a basic WiFi repeater, but claims to block your ISP from monitoring your traffic. And somehow, your ISP can’t throttle you if they can’t analyze your traffic.

Sorry, I guess I just needed to vent. The hilarious thing is that this ad was before a very technical video. They should pick a different category of video to advertise on if they want people to believe their BS.

4 minutes ago, generic000 said:

Has anyone else seen a YouTube preroll ad for Novimaxx? It is ridiculous. It starts by someone plugging in an Ethernet cable that goes to a bare coil of wire to boost internet speed, and just goes down hill from there. Every clip of their internet speed increasing is obviously faked. They even tell you to do a factory reset on your router every day to keep your ISP from throttling your internet. The outright scams that get ad space on YouTube is shocking sometimes. I have never reported anything in my life, but I reported this.

Its ~1.5 + minutes of outright falsehoods before they even tell you what the product is. It looks like a basic WiFi repeater, but claims to block your ISP from monitoring your traffic. And somehow, your ISP can’t throttle you if they can’t analyze your traffic.

Sorry, I guess I just needed to vent. The hilarious thing is that this ad was before a very technical video. They should pick a different category of video to advertise on if they want people to believe their BS.

I've been getting a lot of scam ads too. Most of them were like 4.5 minutes long and they just kept talking on how easy it is with their "new method" to gain money just from watching YT apparently which is not possible. They just talk around it for these 4.5 minutes and then at the end they tell you that you rather click on the link to check it out or it will most likely be gone forever. It is shockingly well made and easy to fall for but I won't fall for that. I have also come across some ads that claim that they have found a soultion to bypass your internet provider's speed limit and it only takes plugging in their device, connecting it to your WiFi and you're good to go. THAT'S NOT HOW IT FREAKING WORKS!!!!!!

22 hours ago, Dyllan Weich said:

I just recently had been given a reply from a user with the LTT logo about being a shortlist winner for an ongoing new year giveaway lmao

image.png.17e09fea3dd29e4c7239ff5bfa85625e.png

yeah. These are VERY common in these times. These appear, if they appear, in MANY, almost all comments of a video. ThioJoe made a bot that can bulk-remove them all with a few lines in the command line

YouTube should insist on Editorial Control over which Ads are allowed. Fraud shouldn't be allowed at all. Neither should Channels doing the same. 

We have worked on new technology for more than 5 years to create NoviMaxx. Our team developed a unique technology that blocks your data report to your internet provider, making it impossible for the provider to limit your bandwidth.

Sounds legit to me. 😁

-kp

-= Cleaned =-

Political leaning commentary are still not allowed.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER