Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

AMD ryzen 7 5800X good build?

Budget (including currency):  £1500

Country: UK

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Coding, R6, Video editing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

 

 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/7z4T4d

 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  (£328.98 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (£69.27 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£119.31 @ Technextday)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  (£129.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£99.98 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£43.48 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  (£79.00 @ Computer Orbit)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£74.98 @ Amazon UK)
Case Fan: be quiet! Silent Wings 3 77.57 CFM 140 mm Fan  (£21.44 @ CCL Computers)
Case Fan: be quiet! Silent Wings 3 77.57 CFM 140 mm Fan  (£21.44 @ CCL Computers)
Case Fan: be quiet! Pure Wings 2 87 CFM 120 mm Fan  (£10.85 @ Box Limited)
Total: £998.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-01-14 19:16 GMT+0000

 

I already have a gpu that my friend will give me, is there anything to change?

I guess I can add more storage.

Don't know about my motherboard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ParkerSquare said:

Budget (including currency):  £1500

Country: UK

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Coding, R6, Video editing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

 

 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/7z4T4d

 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  (£328.98 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (£69.27 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£119.31 @ Technextday)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  (£129.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£99.98 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£43.48 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  (£79.00 @ Computer Orbit)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£74.98 @ Amazon UK)
Case Fan: be quiet! Silent Wings 3 77.57 CFM 140 mm Fan  (£21.44 @ CCL Computers)
Case Fan: be quiet! Silent Wings 3 77.57 CFM 140 mm Fan  (£21.44 @ CCL Computers)
Case Fan: be quiet! Pure Wings 2 87 CFM 120 mm Fan  (£10.85 @ Box Limited)
Total: £998.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-01-14 19:16 GMT+0000

 

I already have a gpu that my friend will give me, is there anything to change?

I guess I can add more storage.

Don't know about my motherboard.

have you looked towards 12th gen? or is there a problem with it which makes it a no-go for you?

░█▀▀█ ▒█░░░ ▒█▀▀▄ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█   ▒█░░░ ░█▀▀█ ▒█░▄▀ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█▄▄█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀   ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▄░ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▀ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█   ▒█▄▄█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄▄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say you should go for something like this: 

 

P.S. U can get different motherboard, They should be available in few days.

 

 

PCPartPicker Part List

 

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700 2.1 GHz 12-Core Processor (£325.36 @ Technextday) 

CPU Cooler: Scythe FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler (£59.67 @ Amazon UK) 

Motherboard: MSI PRO B660M-A DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard (£143.47 @ Ebuyer) 

Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory (£131.53 @ Newegg UK) 

Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£99.99 @ Amazon UK) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£43.48 @ Amazon UK) 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case (£79.00 @ Computer Orbit) 

Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£74.98 @ Amazon UK) 

Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 PST 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fans 5-Pack (£58.00 @ Amazon UK) 

Total: £1015.48

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-01-14 19:27 GMT+0000

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

I'd say you should go for something like this: 

 

P.S. U can get different motherboard, They should be available in few days.

 

 

PCPartPicker Part List

 

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700 2.1 GHz 12-Core Processor (£325.36 @ Technextday) 

CPU Cooler: Scythe FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler (£59.67 @ Amazon UK) 

Motherboard: MSI PRO B660M-A DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard (£143.47 @ Ebuyer) 

Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory (£131.53 @ Newegg UK) 

Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£99.99 @ Amazon UK) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£43.48 @ Amazon UK) 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case (£79.00 @ Computer Orbit) 

Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£74.98 @ Amazon UK) 

Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 PST 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fans 5-Pack (£58.00 @ Amazon UK) 

Total: £1015.48

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-01-14 19:27 GMT+0000

I might suggest getting a GPU and downgrading the CPU a bit to an i5, should overall benefit performance to not use integrated graphics, as presumably the one your friend is giving you isn't anything insane

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600 3.3 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£223.00 @ Infinite Computing) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S 46.44 CFM CPU Cooler  (£60.93 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO B660M-A DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (£143.47 @ Ebuyer) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£106.69 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket Q 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£59.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£43.48 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB MECH 2X Video Card  (£729.00 @ Computer Orbit) 
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case  (£44.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£79.31 @ NeoComputers) 
Total: £1490.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-01-14 19:44 GMT+0000

░█▀▀█ ▒█░░░ ▒█▀▀▄ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█   ▒█░░░ ░█▀▀█ ▒█░▄▀ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█▄▄█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀   ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▄░ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▀ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█   ▒█▄▄█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄▄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, ParkerSquare said:

I already have a gpu that my friend will give me, is there anything to change?

 

2 minutes ago, Alder Lake said:

I might suggest getting a GPU and downgrading the CPU a bit to an i5

 

2 GPUs for an i5?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

Project Hot Box

CPU 12900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aero G, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200mhz (2x16), GPU AMD Radeon 6800 XT FE, Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic Mini, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR sf600, Cooling Noctua NH-D15, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Corsair K95, Mouse Corsair Nightblade, Sound AT2035, Scarlett Solo, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Schiit Magni, Modi Loki mini stack. 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPU Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, MSI 1070 Gaming X 8gb, Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, 5x Seagate IronWolf 8tb NAS(ZFS1), PSU Corsair RM1000x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans, OS Unraid

 

Why is the 5800x so hot?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, ParkerSquare said:

Budget (including currency):  £1500

Country: UK

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Coding, R6, Video editing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

 

 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/7z4T4d

 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  (£328.98 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (£69.27 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£119.31 @ Technextday)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  (£129.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£99.98 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£43.48 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  (£79.00 @ Computer Orbit)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£74.98 @ Amazon UK)
Case Fan: be quiet! Silent Wings 3 77.57 CFM 140 mm Fan  (£21.44 @ CCL Computers)
Case Fan: be quiet! Silent Wings 3 77.57 CFM 140 mm Fan  (£21.44 @ CCL Computers)
Case Fan: be quiet! Pure Wings 2 87 CFM 120 mm Fan  (£10.85 @ Box Limited)
Total: £998.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-01-14 19:16 GMT+0000

 

I already have a gpu that my friend will give me, is there anything to change?

I guess I can add more storage.

Don't know about my motherboard.

The 12700 is definitely a better choice than the 5800x for similar cost.

You're getting 4 more cores and 4 more threads over the 5800x.

 

The Intel chip will out perform the AMD chip in almost every facet.

PSU Tier List      AMD Motherboard Tier List      SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

I'd say you should go for something like this: 

 

P.S. U can get different motherboard, They should be available in few days.

 

 

PCPartPicker Part List

 

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700 2.1 GHz 12-Core Processor (£325.36 @ Technextday) 

CPU Cooler: Scythe FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler (£59.67 @ Amazon UK) 

Motherboard: MSI PRO B660M-A DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard (£143.47 @ Ebuyer) 

Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory (£131.53 @ Newegg UK) 

Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£99.99 @ Amazon UK) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£43.48 @ Amazon UK) 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case (£79.00 @ Computer Orbit) 

Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£74.98 @ Amazon UK) 

Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 PST 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fans 5-Pack (£58.00 @ Amazon UK) 

Total: £1015.48

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-01-14 19:27 GMT+0000

However I've seen that amd performs better in video editing and doing desktop tasks??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

The 12700 is definitely a better choice than the 5800x for similar cost.

You're getting 4 more cores and 4 more threads over the 5800x.

 

The Intel chip will out perform the AMD chip in almost every facet.

However I thought the ryzen 7 5800x outperforms the intel i7 in video editing tasks etc with not much gaming penalty

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Alder Lake said:

I might suggest getting a GPU and downgrading the CPU a bit to an i5, should overall benefit performance to not use integrated graphics

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600 3.3 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£223.00 @ Infinite Computing) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S 46.44 CFM CPU Cooler  (£60.93 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO B660M-A DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (£143.47 @ Ebuyer) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£106.69 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket Q 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£59.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£43.48 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB MECH 2X Video Card  (£729.00 @ Computer Orbit) 
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case  (£44.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£79.31 @ NeoComputers) 
Total: £1490.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-01-14 19:44 GMT+0000

However I thought that the amd ryzen 7 outperforms the intel i7 in general pc tasks like video editing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Alder Lake said:

I might suggest getting a GPU and downgrading the CPU a bit to an i5, should overall benefit performance to not use integrated graphics

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600 3.3 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£223.00 @ Infinite Computing) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S 46.44 CFM CPU Cooler  (£60.93 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO B660M-A DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (£143.47 @ Ebuyer) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£106.69 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket Q 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£59.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£43.48 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB MECH 2X Video Card  (£729.00 @ Computer Orbit) 
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case  (£44.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£79.31 @ NeoComputers) 
Total: £1490.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-01-14 19:44 GMT+0000

Oh also I already have an alr GPU and I'll upgrade when the prices go down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, ParkerSquare said:

However I thought the ryzen 7 5800x outperforms the intel i7 in video editing tasks etc with not much gaming penalty

Nah

The only advantage of the 5800x will be power consumption.

 

You can check a h2h benchmark, here.

PSU Tier List      AMD Motherboard Tier List      SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ParkerSquare said:

However I thought that the amd ryzen 7 outperforms the intel i7 in general pc tasks like video editing?

Not really, no.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/12th-Gen-Intel-Core-CPU-Review-Roundup-2248/#AdobePhotoshop

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

Project Hot Box

CPU 12900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aero G, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200mhz (2x16), GPU AMD Radeon 6800 XT FE, Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic Mini, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR sf600, Cooling Noctua NH-D15, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Corsair K95, Mouse Corsair Nightblade, Sound AT2035, Scarlett Solo, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Schiit Magni, Modi Loki mini stack. 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPU Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, MSI 1070 Gaming X 8gb, Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, 5x Seagate IronWolf 8tb NAS(ZFS1), PSU Corsair RM1000x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans, OS Unraid

 

Why is the 5800x so hot?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ParkerSquare said:

However I've seen that amd performs better in video editing and doing desktop tasks??

3 hours ago, ParkerSquare said:

However I thought the ryzen 7 5800x outperforms the intel i7 in video editing tasks etc with not much gaming penalty

3 hours ago, ParkerSquare said:

However I thought that the amd ryzen 7 outperforms the intel i7 in general pc tasks like video editing?

as the guys before me said, nope

░█▀▀█ ▒█░░░ ▒█▀▀▄ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█   ▒█░░░ ░█▀▀█ ▒█░▄▀ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█▄▄█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀   ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▄░ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▀ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█   ▒█▄▄█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄▄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/yzLT4d

A bunch of cost cutting and upgrades

 

12700k, well it was 25£ more than the regular 12700, and pairing it with a z board then might aswell get the k incase you ever try ocing, and even if you dont oc atleast itll do better undervolting cause binned silicon

 

The z board is prob also uneccesary but again more options that you can use

 

Done abit of cost cutting on the cooler cause why not and itll still cool pretty well

 

Upgrade and cost cut to the ram, ballistix does ~4500 depending on board, imc, and how you tune it cause micron dies, Also the cheapest rgb ram for some reason. Unless you run ram bandwidth sensitive applications there is no need to run stupidly high speeds cause you need timings like cl18. Better off lazy oc for a balance between bandwidth and timings so maybe find a stable volt between 1.4-1.5v for 4000 cl16 (basically only changing ram freq and volt), you can always do more tuning if you ever need it. If you dont need the rgb then non rgb ballistix is 13£ cheaper

 

Upgraded the ssd to a much better crucial p5 2tb

 

Ofc i always cheap out on the case and zalman s2 is a decent case anyways since it already comes with 3 fans preinstalled, put in the extra p12 so you can have 4 fans

 

Upgraded the psu to an 850w

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/yzLT4d

A bunch of cost cutting and upgrades

 

12700k, well it was 25£ more than the regular 12700, and pairing it with a z board then might aswell get the k incase you ever try ocing, and even if you dont oc atleast itll do better undervolting cause binned silicon

 

The z board is prob also uneccesary but again more options that you can use

 

Done abit of cost cutting on the cooler cause why not and itll still cool pretty well

 

Upgrade and cost cut to the ram, ballistix does ~4500 depending on board, imc, and how you tune it cause micron dies, Also the cheapest rgb ram for some reason. Unless you run ram bandwidth sensitive applications there is no need to run stupidly high speeds cause you need timings like cl18. Better off lazy oc for a balance between bandwidth and timings so maybe find a stable volt between 1.4-1.5v for 4000 cl16 (basically only changing ram freq and volt), you can always do more tuning if you ever need it. If you dont need the rgb then non rgb ballistix is 13£ cheaper

 

Upgraded the ssd to a much better crucial p5 2tb

 

Ofc i always cheap out on the case and zalman s2 is a decent case anyways since it already comes with 3 fans preinstalled, put in the extra p12 so you can have 4 fans

 

Upgraded the psu to an 850w

would it not be better to cut down to a 12600 and use a 6700xt instead?

░█▀▀█ ▒█░░░ ▒█▀▀▄ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█   ▒█░░░ ░█▀▀█ ▒█░▄▀ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█▄▄█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀   ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▄░ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▀ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█   ▒█▄▄█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄▄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Alder Lake said:

would it not be better to cut down to a 12600 and use a 6700xt instead?

Idk what gpu op is gonna get cause its apparently gonna be a friends gpu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Idk what gpu op is gonna get cause its apparently gonna be a friends gpu

we'll have to wait and see, I'd guess it'll be nothing impressive, maybe even something depressive

░█▀▀█ ▒█░░░ ▒█▀▀▄ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█   ▒█░░░ ░█▀▀█ ▒█░▄▀ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█▄▄█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀   ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▄░ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▀ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█   ▒█▄▄█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄▄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ParkerSquare said:

Budget (including currency):  £1500

Country: UK

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Coding, R6, Video editing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

 

 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/7z4T4d

 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  (£328.98 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (£69.27 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£119.31 @ Technextday)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  (£129.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£99.98 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£43.48 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  (£79.00 @ Computer Orbit)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£74.98 @ Amazon UK)
Case Fan: be quiet! Silent Wings 3 77.57 CFM 140 mm Fan  (£21.44 @ CCL Computers)
Case Fan: be quiet! Silent Wings 3 77.57 CFM 140 mm Fan  (£21.44 @ CCL Computers)
Case Fan: be quiet! Pure Wings 2 87 CFM 120 mm Fan  (£10.85 @ Box Limited)
Total: £998.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-01-14 19:16 GMT+0000

 

I already have a gpu that my friend will give me, is there anything to change?

I guess I can add more storage.

Don't know about my motherboard.

~ Recommend these changes ~

 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/GNMNLP

 

All SSD storage, and full RGB on the case. Recommend skipping the RGB on the RAM, and just putting the RGB on the case. Performance matters more for RAM anyways, and you'll want your case to look and perform better too.

The only stars that matter, are the ones you look at when you dream... ~ Keanu Reeves

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×