Intel Extreme Tech Upgrade - Nicole

CPotter

Thanks to Intel for sponsoring this video! Check out the products we featured below. 

Buy Intel Core i7-12700K
On Amazon: https://geni.us/9h67p

Buy ASUS Prime Z690-P D4 Motherboard
On Amazon: https://geni.us/1U3GIs

Buy Gigabyte GeForce RTX™ 3080 VISION OC 10G
On Amazon: https://geni.us/po3okOq

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

"Linus goes into a real girl's bedroom"

Man there are some HEAVY implications here

Spoiler

Who cloned Yvonne, and what happened to the real one

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

So, THAT's what happened to that penguin.......

I'll admit I've been wondering where it was (probably more than I should've). /s

I will also admit this is entirely based on the thumbnail. I don't have the time to watch another video before bed.

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

"Wow! Power tools!" 😄

MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master | CPU: AMD Ryzen R9 3900X | CPU cooler: Corsair iCue H150i RGB PRO XT | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 CL18 LPX | GPU: Zotac RTX 3080 Trinity OC + Palit RTX 2080 Ti GamingPro OC | SSD: 2 x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 TB NVMe + Kingston A400 480 GB + Samsung QVO860 1 TB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1000 W Gold | Case: be quiet! Silent Base 801 | Displays: BenQ PD3200U @ 3840x2160 + ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ @ 2560x1440 | Keyboard: Corsair K68 RGB Cherry MX Red | Mouse: Logitech MX Master 2S

ohh bummer, faces in this thumbnail.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

Yo LTT Team! I don't know if Nicole knows, but what her shoulder is doing is called subluxation! It's essentially somewhat dislocating your shoulder--it's not as bad as completely dislocating a joint, but it's still bad! Pretty much, if she keeps doing her "party trick" her shoulder will get worse and worse, eventually developing arthritis and/or needing surgery. Hopefully someone from LTT sees this soon.

Source: my shoulders do that too, and I used do the exact same party trick until the doctor told me all of this!

If Nicole has a coax cable in her bedroom she should use a moca adapter instead of power line. Power line has always been janky AF for me, while MOCA is nearly Ethernet run quality. 

Regarding whether a 850W PSU is fine for a 3080, didn't Nvidia update the drivers to reign in power spikes?  I'm running a 3080ti on a corsair RM750x and have had 0 issues.  Although my GPU is a lower tier that doesn't exceed 350W by much.

I want Workout Penguin...

I don't feel super bad about my bedroom anymore though. The clutter quantity appears to be pretty similar to my bedroom. Just my bedroom is literally the size of a walk-in closet. For stuffies, I recommend visiting Jellycat. Amazing stuff there, I'd have bought some with Intel's money. 😛

Awesome oldie laptop though! I had an HP with an i5 (1st gen) and Radeon 6370. Compared to the Intel GMA of my prior laptop, even the bottom barrel AMD card was a huge upgrade.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

What's that desktop background? Looks nice.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

This was a very chill video, nice changeup from the usual banter/roasting with the guys in the previous IETU videos. I agree with one of you YouTube comments (!) that Linus seems to have a nice way of matching the employee's energy in these.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

This video really intrigued me.  Have never built a PC before and am still using my Dell XPS 8700 from 2013.  Would like to do this build and get back into PC gaming.  Can anyone tell me what the 2 "cards" are at the 17:11 mark?  Am guessing that one "ADATA SU800" is another SSD, but why if they installed the WD Blue?  They other piece to the left of that I cannot make out other than it says "Crucial" on it.

Additionally any other components needed for the build?  Sorry for the questions but am totally new to all of this. 

1 hour ago, BK5360 said:

This video really intrigued me.  Have never built a PC before and am still using my Dell XPS 8700 from 2013.  Would like to do this build and get back into PC gaming.  Can anyone tell me what the 2 "cards" are at the 17:11 mark?  Am guessing that one "ADATA SU800" is another SSD, but why if they installed the WD Blue?  They other piece to the left of that I cannot make out other than it says "Crucial" on it.

They are both 2.5" SATA SSD's. The reason for having them is simple, additional storage. NVMe drives are still more expensive than SATA and most things don't benefit from NVMe speed so if you need large amounts of storage it makes more sense to buy a modestly-sized NVMe drive for your OS and most used applications and then use SATA drives for the rest. 

I presume those are also drives that were in her old system so there's probably data she wanted to carry over. No reason to waste money on new drives and then waste time cloning/copying them if the existing ones work. 

1 hour ago, BK5360 said:

Additionally any other components needed for the build?  

What exactly do you mean?  It looks to me like between the links in the video description and the commentary when they went to Canada Computers like all of the new-bought parts in the system are listed. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

6 minutes ago, Middcore said:

They are both 2.5" SATA SSD's. The reason for having them is simple, additional storage. NVMe drives are still more expensive than SATA and most things don't benefit from NVMe speed so if you need large amounts of storage it makes more sense to buy a modestly-sized NVMe drive for your OS and most used applications and then use SATA drives for the rest. 

I presume those are also drives that were in her old system so there's probably data she wanted to carry over.

What exactly do you mean?  It looks to me like between the links in the video description and the commentary when they went to Canada Computers like all of the new-bought parts in the system are listed. 

Thank you for the SSD explanation I appreciate it.

As for additional components I guess what I was asking is would there be anything else that I would need to mount everything inside of the case to get it all to work, such as a mount I guess for the fan heatsink on the CPU?

6 minutes ago, BK5360 said:

Thank you for the SSD explanation I appreciate it.

As for additional components I guess what I was asking is would there be anything else that I would need to mount everything inside of the case to get it all to work, such as a mount I guess for the fan heatsink on the CPU?

They're using an all-in-one liquid cooler for the CPU in this build, which should come with all of the necessary mounting hardware, although they didn't mention whether it comes with a bracket for the LGA1700 socket in the box. 

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone tell me the brand on the dual arm monitor mount? The amazon link is generic and just searches dual arm mounts. 

On 2/22/2022 at 6:38 PM, 2bephil said:

Can someone tell me the brand on the dual arm monitor mount? The amazon link is generic and just searches dual arm mounts. 

PLEASE I need this too!

"We're gunna blow this mother♥♥♥♥er up." - Barret FFVII Abridged, in regards to the Mako Factory.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO THE STAIRS?!" - Eddy (Ed, Edd 'n Eddy), while sneaking Ed out of his room.