CPU Usage is 100%,and GPU is 5% while gaming

Go to solution Solved by Sprawlie,
On 1/12/2022 at 2:21 PM, Pavo05 said:

Yea I know, but just on lol. For example Forza Horizon 4 goes 60 fps on high, fh5 medium 90 100fps, squad game that is way more than lol is going around 50 70 fps high,mafia definitive edition on high locked 60fps. I know its old and its 100% how you said, but that that lol goes worse than any of these games its... 

the important thing is that you’re still able to play games and enjoy them though! so that’s still good and dont take what I said as some sort of elitist pc masterrace comment.

the fact you’ve made this machien work for you is great. I wish we could do something to help you out, but it’s just the age of the parts.

Hi, I have problem while gaming. So, when i play League of Legends, sometimes game freezes for second. Then I went out of lol and on task manager cpu was 100% and gpu 5%.I m playing on i7 2600, 16gb hyperx ddr3 ram, asus amd rx 570 4gb and lol is on ssd. I had this problem in game squad, game is more cpu intensive and all i have done i just set my graphics settings to high. And gpu took a part of job and game goes better on high. While on low cpu just work. In lol its different, i dont know. 

Ty on replies

i7-2600 is pretty old. You’re likely running that thing pretty much at the max today. Lots of new features and performance aspects gained in newer CPUs

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

System: R9-5950x, ASUS X570-Pro, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070s. 32GB DDR4 @ 3200mhz.

Depending on your resolution almost all of the pressure is on the CPU.

I'm going to guess you're playing in 1080p, simply because that would make sense in this case.

As stated above, it might be time to start looking around for an upgrade.

LOL is not very heavy on the GPU, it's more CPU heavy. The 2600 is pretty old and the 570 should be paired with a modern i3/R3 or better. You will probably need a new CPU, which means you will also need new RAM and a new motherboard. For about 400 you could get a 12400F, 16gb DDR4 and a B660. That should perform significantly better.

You could check if you have lots of programs in the background. If that's the case try quitting them.

55 minutes ago, fuzz0r said:

Depending on your resolution almost all of the pressure is on the CPU.

I'm going to guess you're playing in 1080p, simply because that would make sense in this case.

As stated above, it might be time to start looking around for an upgrade.

1650x1050 something like that. I would like but i have more important things than upgrade. I got this pc 2 or 1.5 years ago

8 minutes ago, Pavo05 said:

1650x1050 something like that. I would like but i have more important things than upgrade. I got this pc 2 or 1.5 years ago

What mobo you have? You can levitate some cpu bottleneck by overclocking if you have a Z68 or Z77 board by using Multi core enhancement.

I think PC with those specs is sufficient to run LoL.
Temporary freezes an jumps could indicate problem with background process of some kind. Like Anitivirus for example.

47 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

LOL is not very heavy on the GPU, it's more CPU heavy. The 2600 is pretty old and the 570 should be paired with a modern i3/R3 or better. You will probably need a new CPU, which means you will also need new RAM and a new motherboard. For about 400 you could get a 12400F, 16gb DDR4 and a B660. That should perform significantly better.

You could check if you have lots of programs in the background. If that's the case try quitting them.

Thats problem with my knowledge, I didnt build this pc I just saw on internet a pc and said to one guy to make something like that. I got it 1.5 or 2 y ago. For about 355e, and that saw that i was looking for i7 16gb and gpu like rz570 580.And he took it personal and for money i had made that i wanted. He didnt suggest any other builds than this, then when i got this pc i started exploring. Now i see i could get better pc. and im a 16yo i dont want to throw money on it again for just games. Ty 

26 minutes ago, WickedThunder86 said:

What mobo you have? You can levitate some cpu bottleneck by overclocking if you have a Z68 or Z77 board by using Multi core enhancement.

I have asus lga 1155 z68. What can give that cons and prons

6 minutes ago, John Reactor said:

I think PC with those specs is sufficient to run LoL.
Temporary freezes an jumps could indicate problem with background process of some kind. Like Anitivirus for example.

On startup nearly everything is disabled, I dont use antiviruses cus i think its not needed. And idk, 3 apps myb are open while im playing

5 minutes ago, Pavo05 said:

Thats problem with my knowledge, I didnt build this pc I just saw on internet a pc and said to one guy to make something like that. I got it 1.5 or 2 y ago. For about 355e, and that saw that i was looking for i7 16gb and gpu like rz570 580.And he took it personal and for money i had made that i wanted. He didnt suggest any other builds than this, then when i got this pc i started exploring. Now i see i could get better pc. and im a 16yo i dont want to throw money on it again for just games. Ty 

and cus is intel and i need to switch mb and cpu all that stuff its too much for me

Does your bios has MCE(Multi Core enhancement) option? You can actually set the multiplier on locked cpu using that option so when it is turbo boosting, It will actually clock itself higher and thus give higher performance.

22 minutes ago, WickedThunder86 said:

Does your bios has MCE(Multi Core enhancement) option? You can actually set the multiplier on locked cpu using that option so when it is turbo boosting, It will actually clock itself higher and thus give higher performance.

Will it cause higher temps? I have intel stock cooler on cpu, and one weaker little cooler that is throwing air in intels cooler. My temps while i m playing and there is discord, 1 or 2 apps extra started 54 now i think max 70

12 minutes ago, Pavo05 said:

Will it cause higher temps? I have intel stock cooler on cpu, and one weaker little cooler that is throwing air in intels cooler. My temps while i m playing and there is discord, 1 or 2 apps extra started 54 now i think max 70

What type of stock cooler you have? Does it have a copper core in middle?

21 minutes ago, WickedThunder86 said:

What type of stock cooler you have? Does it have a copper core in middle?

It is not, these are the temps

16420065391762787632553413900242.jpg

11 minutes ago, Pavo05 said:

It is not, these are the temps

16420065391762787632553413900242.jpg

It looks like MCE is already enable as the max Cpu clock is 4ghz which is higher than the stock clock of 3.8ghz. I think you should just go into the bios and crank the multiplier as high as you can aslong the system doesn't get unstable or temps run out of control (go above 95c on full load)

27 minutes ago, WickedThunder86 said:

It looks like MCE is already enable as the max Cpu clock is 4ghz which is higher than the stock clock of 3.8ghz. I think you should just go into the bios and crank the multiplier as high as you can aslong the system doesn't get unstable or temps run out of control (go above 95c on full load)

Okey, thank you man a lot. 

Sadly, while you only got this machine in the last couple years, the parts are a decade old. They are not in any form new. And there have beenn 10 newer generations of Intel CPU since.

You could pick up a bargain basement i5-10400 that will give you a straight up 30-40% performance boost. 

Sadly, whoever sold you this thing, probably went into their garbage bin of parts to make it for you. there’s really little path to improve performance that won’t require replacing at least your Motherboard, ram and CPU. you’re really just at the end of the life expectancy for such a computer.

Perfectly usable for web browsing and regular desktop work. But it’s definitely your bottleneck in anything gaming

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

System: R9-5950x, ASUS X570-Pro, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070s. 32GB DDR4 @ 3200mhz.

22 minutes ago, Sprawlie said:

Sadly, while you only got this machine in the last couple years, the parts are a decade old. They are not in any form new. And there have beenn 10 newer generations of Intel CPU since.

You could pick up a bargain basement i5-10400 that will give you a straight up 30-40% performance boost. 

Sadly, whoever sold you this thing, probably went into their garbage bin of parts to make it for you. there’s really little path to improve performance that won’t require replacing at least your Motherboard, ram and CPU. you’re really just at the end of the life expectancy for such a computer.

Perfectly usable for web browsing and regular desktop work. But it’s definitely your bottleneck in anything gaming

Yea I know, but just on lol. For example Forza Horizon 4 goes 60 fps on high, fh5 medium 90 100fps, squad game that is way more than lol is going around 50 70 fps high,mafia definitive edition on high locked 60fps. I know its old and its 100% how you said, but that that lol goes worse than any of these games its... 

There's only one way: 

download.jpeg-1.jpg.2a9b7bc08c4ab0ec23bad7f2d2420dfa.jpg

12 hours ago, Pavo05 said:

but that that lol goes worse

that's the strange part, its old as heck it should basically run perfect on old cpu

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Why is everyone harping on "Your CPU is old, buy something newer"?!

As the OP himself has said, it's for LoL. An i7 2600 should run LoL like a goddamn dream, 10 years old or not.

If other games run fine, then it's clearly an issue specifically with LoL - Have you tried simply re-installing it?
Maybe check in the Windows Event Viewer, see if anything pops up repeatedly during a match.
Does LoL use their new, screwy anticheat, Vanguard? Or is it still a Valorant-only thing? If it's now active on LoL aswell, it could be that their anticheat hates your computer?

14 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

There's only one way: 

download.jpeg-1.jpg.2a9b7bc08c4ab0ec23bad7f2d2420dfa.jpg

that's the strange part, its old as heck it should basically run perfect on old cpu

Hahahahaha, yee its old game it run on nearly everything

15 hours ago, Rauten said:

Why is everyone harping on "Your CPU is old, buy something newer"?!

As the OP himself has said, it's for LoL. An i7 2600 should run LoL like a goddamn dream, 10 years old or not.

If other games run fine, then it's clearly an issue specifically with LoL - Have you tried simply re-installing it?
Maybe check in the Windows Event Viewer, see if anything pops up repeatedly during a match.
Does LoL use their new, screwy anticheat, Vanguard? Or is it still a Valorant-only thing? If it's now active on LoL aswell, it could be that their anticheat hates your computer?

Lol have some full repair tool in client, myb that will help, it is like reinstall or i need real reinstall

On 1/12/2022 at 3:08 PM, Pavo05 said:

Hi, I have problem while gaming. So, when i play League of Legends, sometimes game freezes for second. Then I went out of lol and on task manager cpu was 100% and gpu 5%.I m playing on i7 2600, 16gb hyperx ddr3 ram, asus amd rx 570 4gb and lol is on ssd. I had this problem in game squad, game is more cpu intensive and all i have done i just set my graphics settings to high. And gpu took a part of job and game goes better on high. While on low cpu just work. In lol its different, i dont know. 

Ty on replies

Just from personal experience. I built a "cheap" system last winter with a 3770 and a GTX 1050 and the 1050 was often under 50% usage due to a massive bottleneck from the cpu. 5% seems low, but then again squad is quite demanding for what it is.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)