I pray this works…

Emily Young

Intel’s CES announcements weren’t just about the new Arc GPU, but it may just be the most exciting one thanks to its unique opportunity to shake up Nvidia and AMD’s hold on the market.

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

Ok, so I watch the GPU part of the video. I'm pleased we are going to have another option for a gaming ("gaming") card, but if the demand outstrips supply, again, then nothing will really change, except the bots and scalpers will have more options to screw us regular folk over with.

Perhaps I missed it (or it hasn't been addressed yet) but how is the Arc with mining? If it's good for gaming, buck sux for mining (if such a scenario is possible, I dunno) then we might all have a shot at getting one.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Well..

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

6 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

That's deep.

Thanks!

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

I'm not a fan of giving people false hope, but here we are. ANYTHING is better than nothing in this GPU shortage. Altough i've given up hope that any 3080 will ever sell at $699 again, i sure hope it will get at least somewhat better than straight up 2x MSRP at launch.

Man, it still sounds like a fairly tale if you tell someone a 3080 actually "launched" at $699.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I was planning to get my first ever real GPU with the new generation back then. It never happened. 

But since I'm not in need of a GPU my reaction was kind of a shoulder shrug. 

If they ever become available again, I'll get one. Maybe. 

But only the AMD ones, since I'm on Linux and their open source drivers are the best, as far as I know. 

5 hours ago, Bramimond said:

I was planning to get my first ever real GPU with the new generation back then. It never happened. 

But since I'm not in need of a GPU my reaction was kind of a shoulder shrug. 

If they ever become available again, I'll get one. Maybe. 

But only the AMD ones, since I'm on Linux and their open source drivers are the best, as far as I know. 

That is one of the whole things that people are wondering about since Intel has pretty good open source drivers for their current stuff so we don't yet know if their graphics drivers will be good or not.

6 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

I'm not a fan of giving people false hope

https://comb.io/IEFT3B

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I wonder if those cards will allow 4K playback of Ultra HD discs (for the damn DRM)...

14 hours ago, sexychimichanga said:

They paper launched at $699, the scalper rate was no less than two times that.

Yeah but not at launch. Was able to snag mine for 900€ a few weeks after release - admittetly from a scalper - and i'm glad i did seeing how pricing is nowadays.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

On 1/7/2022 at 11:09 AM, Ultraforce said:

That is one of the whole things that people are wondering about since Intel has pretty good open source drivers for their current stuff so we don't yet know if their graphics drivers will be good or not.

I'm kinda worried because of that ***Windows Only at 9:31 in the video. 

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

58 minutes ago, LloydLynx said:

I'm kinda worried because of that ***Windows Only at 9:31 in the video. 

I would recommend not worrying too much as the *** is for the Intel Connectivity Performance Suite where the Intel Killer Performance Suite currently exists but is already Windows only where it's a set of Wi-Fi and ethernet drivers that includes a networking software for trying to prioritize and optimize the connections for Intel computers. So it shouldn't be a huge factor for GPUs I would think.

Though it's not the most clear admitedly but my best guess is that it's the Intel special sauce to help with Wifi 6e is windows only.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19779/intel-killer-performance-suite.html

One thing that Intel can do with the mobile i9's is set a minimum standard for power and cooling that gives it more power and cooling headroom then the i7. That would give it more boost performance and set it apart from the i7.

Please take that with a grain of salt as it is just a guess on my part.