Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anime Club - Heaven Society

I said to watch it right after i forgot about the first few but brother hood is my favorite of all time. Brotherhood follows the manga since was slower than the anime and they released brotherhood to follow the manga. I think it is a much better story.

6 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Nah. Less experienced viewers consider it amazing, because it's full of Shaft-isms, children in dramatic situations, and the kind of faux-depth that most viewers like. Just don't fall for all the hype about it, and you'll be fine. It's not bad, it's just a bit weird, with stuff that evokes Pink Floyd's The Wall, and those fat-faced anime characters that not everyone likes. Don't expect to like the movies if you like the series, and vice-versa - most people who enjoy one a lot dislike the other, for some reason.

I had fun with that one, just because I saw the 3rd movie before anything else and was like "what the fuck is happening anymore?".

@IAmLamp, its been a while since I've seen it, but it was entertaining. Nothing awful about it or anything, the only problem people really seem to have with it really is just the hype behind it.

speaking of the hype behind it, at an anime convention I went to (more like my sister dragged me to), I went to a panel about madoka. the dude who ran it is pretty much the reason I don't like a lot of over analyzers. he was going on and on and on about this irrelevant stuff and about how its so deep and then ended up at nihilism or something. Bitch, its just an anime. fuck off.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

9 minutes ago, Tr3vor said:

the hype

over analyzers

This. People just wouldn't shut up about how original, creative and thought-provoking it is when it's really not; it's just a decent repackaging of classic junk into a fairly solid popcorn anime. The way some people talk about the thing made me feel sad. It was like listening to people who had never sought anything stimulating in their preferred medium of entertainment before. Basically the same thing as with those people who saw the Matrix and thought it was deep.

2 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

This. People just wouldn't shut up about how original, creative and thought-provoking it is when it's really not; it's just a decent repackaging of classic junk into a fairly solid popcorn anime. The way some people talk about the thing made me feel sad. It was like listening to people who had never sought anything stimulating in their preferred medium of entertainment before. Basically the same thing as with those people who saw the Matrix and thought it was deep.

I'm not smart enough to really identify when something is deep or not. I only know when something is shit or not ('s why my best rating for something is typically "alright"). But I also know when someone is talking complete shit.

Best TAS timestamp ahead:

Old shit no one cares about but me.

15 minutes ago, Tr3vor said:

I'm not smart enough to really identify when something is deep or not.

But I also know when someone is talking complete shit.

Well yeah, you don't need to be "smart" to know when your inner bullshit detector is going off, do you?

That's one of the clearest signs to me whether a show is actually trying to entertain you, or is just trying to distract you enough to let you entertain yourself. If the show knows its limits and tries to not set off your BS detector, or at least revels in the BS for the sake of entertaining you, then I'm a lot kinder to it. When my BS detector is going off and it feels unearned (or worse: like I'm being asked to make my own entertainment) then I get harsh.

2 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Well yeah, you don't need to be "smart" to know when your inner bullshit detector is going off, do you?

That's one of the clearest signs to me whether a show is actually trying to entertain you, or is just trying to distract you enough to let you entertain yourself. If the show knows its limits and tries to not set off your BS detector, or at least revels in the BS for the sake of entertaining you, then I'm a lot kinder to it. When my BS detector is going off and it feels unearned (or worse: like I'm being asked to make my own entertainment) then I get harsh.

I think I've told you this before, but you are extremely pretentious, you know that right?

"Less experienced viewers consider it amazing".

"faux-depth"

Dial it down dude. You sound like a 14 year old trying to judge modern art. It's making me cringe.

10 minutes ago, EPENEX said:

Argue over anime, that makes you look mature.

I assume that was directed at me.

I am not arguing over anime. I am telling someone who calls others "less experienced" for liking something to turn it down a notch.

He likes to talk about "faux depth" and "try-hard", but his posts seems as shallow and try-hard as the shows he criticize.

On 2/9/2017 at 8:43 PM, IAmLamp said:

Really? How so? I just don't want to waste my time. 

Iirc, the change is after episode 6/7, and after that they are worlds apart, both are worth watching but Brotherhood is better. Isn't even ep. 1 different where they chase that guy who escaped prison or something?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

On 2/11/2017 at 4:00 AM, LAwLz said:

I think I've told you this before, but you are extremely pretentious, you know that right?

"Less experienced viewers consider it amazing".

"faux-depth"

Dial it down dude. You sound like a 14 year old trying to judge modern art. It's making me cringe.

The word you're looking for is more along the lines of "asshole", not "pretentious". Yes, I am an asshole. No, I'm not doing this because I'm trying to impress anyone with my pointless opinions about our silly cartoons.

Edit:

On 2/11/2017 at 4:40 AM, LAwLz said:

He likes to talk about "faux depth" and "try-hard", but his posts seems as shallow and try-hard as the shows he criticize.

Frankly my posts *should* annoy you if you want a more detailed analysis or full-blown review or something, because they're only intended to be my basic impressions. They're far too short for anything more than a shallow criticism. But if people want something more rigorous, I'm open to it.

5 hours ago, EPENEX said:

Argue over anime, that makes you look mature.

What?

Steve

Just saw that they are going to make another season of New Game. I rarely enjoy these kinds of anime, but i really enjoyed it. Anybody else enjoy this series. I know i really enjoyed it because it came out the same time i started my first full time job in tech.

1JdkOWu.gif

I love this. xD

eDcJqJQ.png

xD

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

I'm being forced to watch Infinite Stratos. It combines two of the things I hate the most in an anime, Mechs and harems. Fuck...

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
17 hours ago, DragonTamer1 said:

I'm being forced to watch Infinite Stratos. It combines two of the things I hate the most in an anime, Mechs and harems. Fuck...

lol i'm fine with a few select mech anime like neon genisis evangalion , tppa tengan gurra largan or wat ever its called,macross is ok cant remember the rest lol

lives on

BAKABT

Well this is news to some peoplw unless your on discord with us but those that are not.... my pc caught fire.... not joking anyway heres pics

Spoiler

20170222_023712.jpg20170222_023702.jpg20170222_004847.jpg20170222_004813.jpg20170221_221240.jpg

Killed 2x 8gb sticks of corsair lpx ddr4, one of my msi gtx 980ti and my x99 pro gaming i7 mobo....

Had to completely tear apart my rigid loop and all... replace stock coolers on both cards try to explain to msi, asrock and corsair that it wasnt me....still workin on that lol. So yea been about 8 hours of hell....

Just happen to have a backup x99 mobo and at least i got a system back up and limping along....

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

damn that sucks. hope you can get it straightened out and up and running again 

9 hours ago, Technicolors said:

damn that sucks. hope you can get it straightened out and up and running again 

Yea tell me about it... watxhin youtube hear a zzzpoof... screen goes black, look down and small fire in case... 

Anyway after about 12 hours of trouble shooting and another 5 rebuilding i got a gimped pc up and running. The fire only killed 1 of my 980tis not both and the mobo. Had another x99 mobo layin around that i was tryin to sell and thank god it didnt. Had to take all waterblocks off gpus and such. Runnin on air cooled and such. Kinda sad tho. Lost some decently expensive hardware.

Also havent comfirmed ram. Seems to work but havent memtested. Git some random crashing at first but may have been due to curropted bios on other mobo

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

On 2/17/2017 at 5:29 PM, DragonTamer1 said:

I didn't mind infinite Stratos but the MC is thick AF (dumb as shit)

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

On 2/17/2017 at 10:56 AM, Belgarionbg said:

1JdkOWu.gif

AKIDEAREST!!!!!!!

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

12 hours ago, That_Random_Guy said:

The fire only killed 1 of my 980tis not both and the mobo.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Sorry, had to :P

"Epic quote is epic" - Me  | i7 7700k 4.3 GHz @ 1.270v | Asrock Z170 Extreme4 | 16GB 14CL 3000MHz DDR4 | RX 580 8GB | Mostly a console geek *gasp*

15 minutes ago, IAmLamp said:

So I watched Akame ga Kill and it was shit. 

What didn't you like about it? After watching it, it felt somewhat generic to me, knew what was coming without much thinking but, I personally somewhat enjoyed it, if just for the entertainment factor. Not like there was anything better to watch(hard to find new stuff after having seen nearly 600 different anime).

Overall it wasn't great(like Erased/Hyouka, etc..), but certainly better than "shit".

"Shit" to me is something like Soul Link.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB(upgrade pending) / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

6 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

What didn't you like about it? After watching it, it felt somewhat generic to me, knew what was coming without much thinking but, I personally somewhat enjoyed it, if just for the entertainment factor. Not like there was anything better to watch(hard to find new stuff after having seen nearly 600 different anime).

Overall it wasn't great(like Erased/Hyouka, etc..), but certainly better than "shit".

"Shit" to me is something like Soul Link.

Well for starters, dumb shit like Susanoo's "house keeping abilities". 

Like..... It just felt so poorly made and like a bunch of childish pointless garbage. Like there was so much potential to bring something better, but that's what happened instead. 

One thing in particular is, what's her face? Akame? When she says "eliminate" or whatever right before they kill someone drove me fucking nuts. It was enough to just turn it off all together. 

Is there something that you could recommend that would be better? I really regret wasting time on it.