Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anime Club - Heaven Society

2 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Adults tend to be more critical of anime, though, because they've seen it all before.

..... for the most part, at least I'd hope.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

12 hours ago, biker said:

Do adults watch or read Anime?

Let see, I`m near 1300 watched series with near 19 000 episodes (including some hentai) and I`m 32+y.

I think the answer is yes. CQFTY62.gif

I started reading manga only recently tho, although I`ve "read" over 10 000 doujinshi... xD

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

1 minute ago, Belgarionbg said:

Let see, I`m near 1300 watched series with near 19 000 episodes (including some hentai) and I`m 32+y.

I think the answer is yes.

I started reading magas only recently tho, although I`ve "read over" 10 000 doujinshi... xD

To be fair, it may be tough to classify us as "adults" :)

4 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

To be fair, it may be tough to classify us as "adults" :)

But we are, just not in the usual meaning.

dYMFDDf.jpg

TLDR;

I love being myself and I don`t really care about people`s opinion of me. 

h0BuRJQ.gif

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

3 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

It's a short adaptation of a "cute kitty" manga. Each episode is only 2 minutes long though.

Totally Adorable

Ah.  Nice.  Does Crunchyroll have it or somewhere else?

I forget, how old are you?        Every time I see someone use slang that idk it makes me feel so much older than I really am. lol ? (29)

Many points for using the word adorable.  It's a nice and happy word.  The world needs more things it applies to.

2 hours ago, Belgarionbg said:

This is how I see myself after ~15-20 years. xD

Nice.  lol      I wish my parents were that accepting of my love of anime.  They used to not really care one way or the other but in more recent years they've downgraded to harassing me for wasting money buying more of it...

Not to be awkward or anything but is that a hints in the first picture or a standard anime series?

If it's a normal series could you tell me what it is?

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

The worst part about growing up sadly... I can barely enjoy anime anymore.

These days I mostly enjoy "original anime" (not based on manga or light novel), just because I know the story will be "complete" and not stop midway with a giant middle finger telling you to go read the manga/light novel. Otherwise it feels like a waste of time to me as I could've just read the manga in the first place.

That or ridiculous anime like Konosuba where I can just watch, laugh and be done with it.

That first sentence makes me sad to hear...    

Please don't take this the wrong way but I feel like you need a hug after saying that.  ?

In a "I'm so very sorry some of the magic of anime has been lost for you." sort of way.  

1 hour ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

That's just it. You have to keep your eyes open for the good stuff, not just roll with the popular opinion. And you have to find what joy you can in the rest, be it being critical, or trying your best to get back into a younger mentality.

For instance, who here even knows about the Rakugo anime, or The Great Passage? They're fine anime for adults, but they go unnoticed because we're too busy ignoring them in favor of trying to focus on the popular stuff for whatever reason.

Popular opinion is frequently wrong I'd think.  lol

Pretty sure some people think SAO is overhyped and probably hate it just because they've heard it mentioned so much.  But I love it.  

Like you said you have to look for anime that look good to you rather than relying on what seems popular at any given time.  What's important is that you like what you watch.  ?

16 minutes ago, Belgarionbg said:

I think the answer is yes. CQFTY62.gif

I started reading mangas only recently tho, although I`ve "read" over 10 000 doujinshi... xD

You mean you are older than 32?    Nothing wrong with that.  ?

You're only as as old as you choose to be.  ?

Wow you've seen so much anime!  Good job!  ?

9 minutes ago, Belgarionbg said:

But we are, just not in the usual meaning.

I love being myself and I don`t really care about people`s opinion of me. 

h0BuRJQ.gif

To respond to your comments I feel this is relevant:

Spoiler

image.jpeg

I too love being me even if it's possible not everyone is accepting that an adult watches animated stuff like anime.

Or care to make a distinction between normal anime and hentai.  (I'm looking at you my grandparents. lol)

The people that are worth being friends with in life are the ones who accept you for who you are and don't criticize you for liking what you do.  When you find awesome people like that don't let them go if possible.  ? 

11 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Not to be awkward or anything but is that a hints in the first picture or a standard anime series?

If it's a normal series could you tell me what it is?

I believe that's highschool of the dead

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

20 minutes ago, themaniac said:

I believe that's highschool of the dead

Ohhh.  That would explain why I didn't recognize it.  I watched that around 4-5 years ago I think.  ?

Thank you,

So I watched FMA and now I'm watching FMA Brotherhood, it seems so much like the exact same thing I wonder if it's even watching. Someone told me to watch it immediately afterwards but I don't see the point. 

Just now, IAmLamp said:

So I watched FMA and now I'm watching FMA Brotherhood, it seems so much like the exact same thing I wonder if it's even watching. Someone told me to watch it immediately afterwards but I don't see the point. 

Well I *did* say that the two anime were similar at the start, but that they differ after that initial run of episodes :)

2 minutes ago, IAmLamp said:

Story changes after few episodes. 11? if I recall.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

2 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Well I *did* say that the two anime were similar at the start, but that they differ after that initial run of episodes :)

So according to you that makes it worth the watch of 50 ish episodes that are so similar? 

2 minutes ago, JuztBe said:

Story changes after few episodes. 11? if I recall.

Really? How so? I just don't want to waste my time. 

Just now, IAmLamp said:

So according to you that makes it worth the watch of 50 ish episodes that are so similar? 

The *initial* episodes are similar. Not 50 of them. If it bothers you that much, skip ahead until you see stuff you don't recognize.

1 minute ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

The *initial* episodes are similar. Not 50 of them. If it bothers you that much, skip ahead until you see stuff you don't recognize.

I haven't seen FMA, but as far as I know you can basically skip 10 episodes and start watching from there.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Just now, JuztBe said:

I haven't seen FMA, but as far as I know you can basically skip 10 episodes and start watching from there.

I'd say watch the first one, then skim through and watch just the bits that interest you until the episode where the OP changes (ep13?)

4 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Ah.  Nice.  Does Crunchyroll have it or somewhere else?

I forget, how old are you?        Every time I see someone use slang that idk it makes me feel so much older than I really am. lol ? (29)

Many points for using the word adorable.  It's a nice and happy word.  The world needs more things it applies to.

Yeah it's on Crunchyroll.

I'm 20 though my 25 year old brother uses similar terms...

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

6 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Yeah it's on Crunchyroll.

I'm 20 though my 25 year old brother uses similar terms...

Awesome.  I've been meaning to use Crunchyroll more since I had gotten a Roku as a Christmas present this year so having more things to watch like this will be nice.  

Sorry.  I didn't mean you saying stuff like that was bad.  

It just makes me feel old because I'm not familiar with more current slang terms.  

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Sorry.  I didn't mean you saying stuff like that was bad.  

It just makes me feel old because I'm not familiar with more current slang terms.  

It's fine, I didn't take it that way. I just think it's funny that my older brother uses terms like that.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

6 minutes ago, IAmLamp said:

Is Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica worth watching? 

Save your eyes the pain and look at the Sun for 25 mins/day.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

Save your eyes the pain and look at the Sun for 25 mins/day.

It's that horrible? 

1 minute ago, IAmLamp said:

It's that horrible? 

YMMV, but I watched it about 4 months ago with my wife (her series choice that time) and I was like...

Image result for bernie sesame street

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

YMMV, but I watched it about 4 months ago with my wife (her series choice that time) and I was like...\

What was so bad about it for yah? 

Just now, IAmLamp said:

What was so bad about it for yah? 

I find some mahou shoujo (magical girl) anime a little too awkward for my tastes. The comedy is good and, if you can muster past the magic scenes, the story is a good one as well. It overall felt more like it tried two different views in one show with one flashy and the other being earthy/slice-of-life. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Just now, IAmLamp said:

It's that horrible? 

Nah. Less experienced viewers consider it amazing, because it's full of Shaft-isms, children in dramatic situations, and the kind of faux-depth that most viewers like. Just don't fall for all the hype about it, and you'll be fine. It's not bad, it's just a bit weird, with stuff that evokes Pink Floyd's The Wall, and those fat-faced anime characters that not everyone likes. Don't expect to like the movies if you like the series, and vice-versa - most people who enjoy one a lot dislike the other, for some reason.