Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
12 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Were there no emergency fire exists or sprinklers? Sounds like they have issues with fire and health safety in Japan...

Water won't do anything to a petrol fire other than spread it around.  They also mentioned in the article that the structure of the building and the amount of loose paper documents may have contributed to the fire.

1 minute ago, Koeshi said:

Water won't do anything to a petrol fire other than spread it around.  They also mentioned in the article that the structure of the building and the amount of loose paper documents may have contributed to the fire.

It may have helped slightly to reduce the speed of the spread though. Since while water is kind of useless on the petrol fire itself, the papers on fire could've been watered down a little, giving time for the employees to find safety.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

It may have helped slightly to reduce the speed of the spread though. Since while water is kind of useless on the petrol fire itself, the papers on fire could've been watered down a little, giving time for the employees to find safety.

Problem is many buildings are old and built before current fire regulations and due to that not everything is retrospectively applied and required to be complied to, some things are. Putting in a sprinkler system in an old building not built in mind for it is difficult and expensive. Fire/smoke doors between floors may have helped and is much cheaper, if possible due to layout.

Kyoani is one of the few animation studios that employs people on a full time salary basis and they operate an animation school. Really like what they do as a company and for their employees as well as the great work they produce.

8 hours ago, Koeshi said:

the accelerant was likely petroleum based and water wouldn't have helped much (other than to cool other combustibles impeding the spread of fire), but the water suppression system would have likely doused the secondary fires. Very sad.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

• 1 month later...

Hey Heaven Society, 

hoping some of you way more clued up guys can help me find something new to watch, so below I'll go through some of the Animes I've watched but I am pretty much a filthy Casual so putting aside the Naruto/Dragonball/Bleach series that we prob have all watched. 

These are some of the Animes I've watched over the years that I've really enjoyed and hoping you guys might pick up on a theme here and be able to point me in the right direction, I def like the Darker stuff, And mecha Hell yeah but please not those Gundam Colorful ones, Growing up with Power rangers may have ruined them for me :P 

Akira
Black Lagoon
Neon Genesis Evangelion

Knights of Sidonia
Blame
Kuromukuro
Attack on Titan
One punch man
Hunter X Hunter

Log Horizon 

Sword Art Online (First season) 

Last Exile

Samurai7

Goblin Slayer
Samurai Champloo

Full Metal Alch

Death Note

Thanks so much, Really Hoping I can find something to sink my teeth into, just finished Kuromukuro and while I know its by no means a Great anime has got me back into animes so really keen to expand.  

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

An anime I seldom see mentioned anywhere although it is imho one of the best, in terms of storyline, creativity and philosophy: X'Amd: Lost Memories

There is also the seldom mentioned but SO good Eureka 7 and it's sequel Eureka 7: AO which has never really well accepted by the public, but which I find really good in term of split and alternate story. But hey, I'm well known for having non-conventional tastes in culture ?

And Violet Evergarden, of course! ?

And Darker than Black

And Ergo Proxy! Ah! This one really has a close feel like Blade Runner

On another tone but I really like the kind of serious and goofy story: Heroic Age

And there are a few others to add to the list

Edit: Forgot to add the excellent Psycho-Pass and Higashi No Eden

1 hour ago, Not_Sean said:

Thanks so much, Really Hoping I can find something to sink my teeth into, just finished Kuromukuro and while I know its by no means a Great anime has got me back into animes so really keen to expand.  

Kuromukuro is a fine mecha anime in my opinion.

Always regretted there was no sequel to it. It left a feeling of "unfinished business" at the end.

Just now, OlympicAssEater said:

Do any of you guys watch Futabu? 

Is that the original title? Doesn't ring a bell

Do you have a link?

8 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

help me find something new to watch

I will agree with @Cora_Lie, Darker than Black is a great one, if a pain in the arse to view chronologically.  Also would recommend shows like Angel Beats, Jormungandr and Madoka Magica.

Oh! There's also Robotics;Notes

A really good one there ^o^

8 hours ago, Cora_Lie said:

???

When I search for it it tells me Hanime.tv --> Hentai Anime. If it's not the case... give more info...

Futabu is hentai, hence the link.

Don't look it up, not worth the loss of brain cells.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I didn't bother looking up information... Bah! I've been trolled ?

16 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

This thread being alive and trolling activity here is surprising. 

It doesn't see much activity lately, really.

I haven't even watched a single anime in the last three seasons... except the first 3 episodes of the new Fruit Basket.
Not seeing anything that attract me. Even more so considering most of the highest rated shows are based on manga I've already read.

4 hours ago, MyInnerFred said:

This thread being alive and trolling activity here is surprising. 

I forgot this thread was still here actually.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

• 4 weeks later...

My recommendations for dark/violent storyline:

Overlord

Black Bullet 

EDIT:

For humor, currently watching:

Kamen No Maid Guy

"You're my dearest friend & my love. You lit my path through darkness & I'll stand with you...to whatever end." -Leliana (DAO).

On 8/27/2019 at 3:21 PM, TetraSky said:

It doesn't see much activity lately, really.

I haven't even watched a single anime in the last three seasons... except the first 3 episodes of the new Fruit Basket.
Not seeing anything that attract me. Even more so considering most of the highest rated shows are based on manga I've already read.

Yeah it's hard finding gold in a sea of garbage these days.

On 8/27/2019 at 7:44 PM, KingCry said:

I forgot this thread was still here actually.

A thread this large doesn't just disappear, it'll be around for a long time. At one point it held the record for largest thread on this forum haha.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

it is a place of sanctuary, it will be here when it's needed :P

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any high quality "non black and white" anime" out there to recommend?

What I mean is, is there any not a single good or bad side story?

While there definitely can be a main protagonist, it is not like his antagonist is the extrreme bad and perhaps there are even moments in manga/anime, where they join sides to fight the ultimate evil in the end?

I love these kind of stories, but they are hard to find for me.

I keep watching Black Clover even though it's not a good anime it's easy to get sucked in and keep watching for what cool looking shit happens next, it's just fun.

5 hours ago, Ergroilnin said:

Is there any high quality "non black and white" anime" out there to recommend?

What I mean is, is there any not a single good or bad side story?

While there definitely can be a main protagonist, it is not like his antagonist is the extrreme bad and perhaps there are even moments in manga/anime, where they join sides to fight the ultimate evil in the end?

I love these kind of stories, but they are hard to find for me.

Here's an "old one" : Xam'd - Lost Memories.

Very good story, lots of depth in the characters, they are not simply "manichean".

I won't say more, just watch it. ^o^

Another one, old too: Darker than Black.

Real good!

46 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

Here's an "old one" : Xam'd - Lost Memories.

Very good story, lots of depth in the characters, they are not simply "manichean".

I won't say more, just watch it. ^o^

Another one, old too: Darker than Black.

Real good!

Thank you for the recommendations, I will check them out.

It is really hard for me to look up manga/anime like this, since I suppose it is hard to write. I heard there are fights like this in Gintama for example (which I definitely should read/watch anyway).

It's just that I love those kind of stories, where this is either the main theme or at least happens from time to time... Just because it is very recent, I mean stuff like 

Spoiler

Latest manga of One Piece, where it was at least somewhat shown, that Garp and Roger, who were major antagonits to each other at the time, joined forces to defeat the Rock Pirates

I just love the idea that enemies eventually help each other. Other one I can remember out out my mind is Lee and Gaara vs Kimimiaro, even if Naruto manga/anime ended and there were much more brutal fights, Lee and Gaara had this at the moment absolute crazy fight, that had consequences for both of them and later on then joined forces. 

This kind of stuff.

So again, thank you for your recommendations, if anything else comes to mind, please tell me.

Ok... The ones I recommended are not exactly the kind you're speaking of.

It's more like "the bad guys are not that bad in fact and they can act good also under certain circonstances and they can willingly join forces with the good guys".

So... Very human in fact ?

I must say I've never been into Naruto or One Piece that much. Got very "tired" of these too rather quickly because of how poor the story was.

Another one you may like then is Bleach. I rather liked it ?

i just finished KnY Anime and catch up with the manga, like the anime better. but the story is kinda bland at some point (manga), Well its just my opinion.