Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
4 hours ago, RainColt said:

Im planning on landing in Osaka and working my way north to atleast Tokyo.

Im planning on staying for a month on a budget of 5000-10000$ depending on how cheap or how expensive it ends up being.

Im not really sure, like yeah, still got weeb blood flowing through my veins but i also want to go experience things that are super outside my comfort zone. Dont speak any Japanese so that kinda works. But its also just the only vacation ive ever taken and its the first time i can afford the time.

July is when im financially comfortable with leaving my job i could do August but then i go to school in September.

And im in great physical condition. 26years ,6'1 180lb gym for an hour a day every day. Nothing physical is off limits

Go visit mount fiji. You can travel by japanese bullet train. You dont need to keep flying from one place to another. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

12 hours ago, RainColt said:

Im planning on landing in Osaka and working my way north to atleast Tokyo.

Then I highly recommend you get a JR Rail pass. Going on the bullet train (Shinkansen) is expensive as balls (around 100 dollars per ticket), but included in the rail pass. If you're going to ride the Shinkansen multiple times, you will save money with the JR Pass.

Im planning on staying for a month on a budget of 5000-10000$ depending on how cheap or how expensive it ends up being.

Damn that's a long time, but I am sure you'll be able to fill every single day with stuff to do.

Depends on how you want to live, but 5000 should be fine.

I stayed a little over 2 weeks and managed to get by with:

1100 in pocket money

The flight was around 800

Hotels for around 600 USD.

1 week JR Pass for 250 dollars.

Plus some smaller stuff like WiFi rental (maybe 50 dollars in total).

With that money we lived on pretty good hotels (although a bit away from central Tokyo and Kyoto).

We bought pretty big breakfasts from the convenience stores nearby.

Ate lunch and dinner at restaurants every day.

Visited at least one, but sometimes two, cafes a day and ate things like cake and ice cream.

Im not really sure, like yeah, still got weeb blood flowing through my veins but i also want to go experience things that are super outside my comfort zone. Dont speak any Japanese so that kinda works. But its also just the only vacation ive ever taken and its the first time i can afford the time. 

What I found is that it was best to plan as little as possible. What we did was we picked out all the stuff we wanted to see (Monkey park in Kyoto, Nishiki market, Tokyo sky tree, Tokyo government building, etc) and star marked them in Google maps. Then we could see what was close to each other and visited that area one day.

So for example we went "okay, on monday we visit Tokyo Sky tree. Near the skytree we also have the Moonmin cafe we want to visit, and not too far away form there we got a food market". Then we didn't really do much more planning that than for the day. We just went to the area, visited the stuff we wanted, and then strolled around a lot. It was really nice to not have a strict schedule to follow, and we were super busy just looking at things and going into stores we passed by on our way to places.

I can write a list of the places I visited and what I thought of them if you want.

July is when im financially comfortable with leaving my job i could do August but then i go to school in September.

I see. The reason why I ask is because I believe spring is the best time to visit. I went in late march, early April. The weather was really good (although a bit rainy from day to day) and the cheery trees were in full bloom. Japan gets really hot and humid during the summer so people often report that they get sweaty from simply standing still outside.

In July the average temperature is 25 degrees in Tokyo with humidily being able to reach ~80% (aka, it feels like a rain forest).

The good thing about July is that there are quite a bit of local festivals around.

I recommend you read this site: https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2273.html

And im in great physical condition. 26years ,6'1 180lb gym for an hour a day every day. Nothing physical is off limits

That's good.

General tips:

Spoiler

Buy a little handkerchief. Some public toilets expect YOU to bring something to dry your hands with after washing them. Don't worry though, you're never far from a souvenir shop or 7-11 which sell them.

Bring a backpack, and in that a little plastic bag (like the one you get from 7-11). There are very, very few garbage bins. If you find one, they will probably be near vending machines, but often times they are for cans only. You will need something to put your trash in and either bring your garbage with you home, or empty it whenever you find one of those rare trash bins.

The backpack is just all-around good to have to keep stuff in.

Buy a pair of really comfortable shoes. You will walk, a lot. I think we averaged somewhere around 19 kilometers a day (for comparison, the average in the US is around 4km a day). Your feet will be killing you unless you got really good shoes, and even then they will probably hurt at the end of the day.

RENT A PORTABLE WIFI!!!!!!

This is really, really important. Using Google maps to figure out how to travel, using public transport, is pretty much mandatory and will save you a ton of time. I went with Japan Wireless and it worked flawlessly but I've heard there are several good rental services. It's also really good for using Google translate.

Learn some Japanese. At least Katakana. You don't even need to learn much. But quite a lot of signs, at least on store buildings, are not written in English. Being able to read some of them are very useful. Don't get me wrong, you can quite easily be in Japan a month and be fine using only English, but being able to tell that a restaurant is a Ramen shop without having to go in and ask is very handy.

Also, most things like signs at train stations, inside trains and restaurant menus are in both Japanese and English so you don't have to worry about that. However, the Japanese natives are in general terrible at English. Do not expect to be able to talk to someone using English.

There are some phrases you should learn though, such as "eigo o hanashimasu ka" which means "do you speak English", "hai" which means "yes", and "iee" which means no.

Get a Suica card. It's a card you load up with money and then you use it for trains and buses. Buying individual tickets every time you're going on a train or bus is very time consuming and annoying. Just get a Suica card (or PASMO, or ICOCO, they are more or less the same).

Bring cash, and be prepared to use it. Only a handful of places will accept card payment. In Japan, cash is king. It's best to bring your card with you though so that you can withdraw more cash if you need (can be done at post offices or 7-11). A lot of ATMs do not accept foreign cards, but those at post office sand 7-11 do.

Also, be prepared to carry around lots and lots of coins. Japanese coins range from 1 yen (0.1 US cent) to 500 yen (4.5 dollar).

DO NOT TIP. Japanese people do not like being tipped. If you try to leave tip on for example a restaurant then staff might actually run after you out from the restaurant to give it back to you.

Try and be respectful. Tourists have gotten a bad rep in Japan and I am not surprised. All the Japanese native me met were extremely friendly, kind, social and helpful. A lot of the tourists, especially Chinese tourists, were very rude and loud.

Convenience stores like 7-11 are really, really good. You can buy anything you need from there, including things like fried chicken. Whenever you buy food there you get disposable eating utensils for the things you bought, a wet paper towel and if you buy something that will need heating, they will offer to do it for you in the store so you can eat it right away.

Don't be a smoker. If you have to smoke, you need to do it at a designated smoking area (which are mostly in office buildings or places like bars and restaurants). If you are caught smoking while for example walking on a street, you will be fine, and quite heftily too.

If you have tattoos, try to cover them. Tattoos in Japan are heavily associated with gang and criminals. Some places like gyms and spas won't even allow you in if you do not cover your tattoos.

7 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Then I highly recommend you get a JR Rail pass. Going on the bullet train (Shinkansen) is expensive as balls (around 100 dollars per ticket), but included in the rail pass. If you're going to ride the Shinkansen multiple times, you will save money with the JR Pass.

Damn that's a long time, but I am sure you'll be able to fill every single day with stuff to do.

Depends on how you want to live, but 5000 should be fine.

I stayed a little over 2 weeks and managed to get by with:

1100 in pocket money

The flight was around 800

Hotels for around 600 USD.

1 week JR Pass for 250 dollars.

Plus some smaller stuff like WiFi rental (maybe 50 dollars in total).

With that money we lived on pretty good hotels (although a bit away from central Tokyo and Kyoto).

We bought pretty big breakfasts from the convenience stores nearby.

Ate lunch and dinner at restaurants every day.

Visited at least one, but sometimes two, cafes a day and ate things like cake and ice cream.

What I found is that it was best to plan as little as possible. What we did was we picked out all the stuff we wanted to see (Monkey park in Kyoto, Nishiki market, Tokyo sky tree, Tokyo government building, etc) and star marked them in Google maps. Then we could see what was close to each other and visited that area one day.

So for example we went "okay, on monday we visit Tokyo Sky tree. Near the skytree we also have the Moonmin cafe we want to visit, and not too far away form there we got a food market". Then we didn't really do much more planning that than for the day. We just went to the area, visited the stuff we wanted, and then strolled around a lot. It was really nice to not have a strict schedule to follow, and we were super busy just looking at things and going into stores we passed by on our way to places.

I can write a list of the places I visited and what I thought of them if you want.

I see. The reason why I ask is because I believe spring is the best time to visit. I went in late march, early April. The weather was really good (although a bit rainy from day to day) and the cheery trees were in full bloom. Japan gets really hot and humid during the summer so people often report that they get sweaty from simply standing still outside.

In July the average temperature is 25 degrees in Tokyo with humidily being able to reach ~80% (aka, it feels like a rain forest).

The good thing about July is that there are quite a bit of local festivals around.

I recommend you read this site: https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2273.html

That's good.

General tips:

Hide contents

Buy a little handkerchief. Some public toilets expect YOU to bring something to dry your hands with after washing them. Don't worry though, you're never far from a souvenir shop or 7-11 which sell them.

Bring a backpack, and in that a little plastic bag (like the one you get from 7-11). There are very, very few garbage bins. If you find one, they will probably be near vending machines, but often times they are for cans only. You will need something to put your trash in and either bring your garbage with you home, or empty it whenever you find one of those rare trash bins.

The backpack is just all-around good to have to keep stuff in.

Buy a pair of really comfortable shoes. You will walk, a lot. I think we averaged somewhere around 19 kilometers a day (for comparison, the average in the US is around 4km a day). Your feet will be killing you unless you got really good shoes, and even then they will probably hurt at the end of the day.

RENT A PORTABLE WIFI!!!!!!

This is really, really important. Using Google maps to figure out how to travel, using public transport, is pretty much mandatory and will save you a ton of time. I went with Japan Wireless and it worked flawlessly but I've heard there are several good rental services. It's also really good for using Google translate.

Learn some Japanese. At least Katakana. You don't even need to learn much. But quite a lot of signs, at least on store buildings, are not written in English. Being able to read some of them are very useful. Don't get me wrong, you can quite easily be in Japan a month and be fine using only English, but being able to tell that a restaurant is a Ramen shop without having to go in and ask is very handy.

Also, most things like signs at train stations, inside trains and restaurant menus are in both Japanese and English so you don't have to worry about that. However, the Japanese natives are in general terrible at English. Do not expect to be able to talk to someone using English.

There are some phrases you should learn though, such as "eigo o hanashimasu ka" which means "do you speak English", "hai" which means "yes", and "iee" which means no.

Get a Suica card. It's a card you load up with money and then you use it for trains and buses. Buying individual tickets every time you're going on a train or bus is very time consuming and annoying. Just get a Suica card (or PASMO, or ICOCO, they are more or less the same).

Bring cash, and be prepared to use it. Only a handful of places will accept card payment. In Japan, cash is king. It's best to bring your card with you though so that you can withdraw more cash if you need (can be done at post offices or 7-11). A lot of ATMs do not accept foreign cards, but those at post office sand 7-11 do.

Also, be prepared to carry around lots and lots of coins. Japanese coins range from 1 yen (0.1 US cent) to 500 yen (4.5 dollar).

DO NOT TIP. Japanese people do not like being tipped. If you try to leave tip on for example a restaurant then staff might actually run after you out from the restaurant to give it back to you.

Try and be respectful. Tourists have gotten a bad rep in Japan and I am not surprised. All the Japanese native me met were extremely friendly, kind, social and helpful. A lot of the tourists, especially Chinese tourists, were very rude and loud.

Convenience stores like 7-11 are really, really good. You can buy anything you need from there, including things like fried chicken. Whenever you buy food there you get disposable eating utensils for the things you bought, a wet paper towel and if you buy something that will need heating, they will offer to do it for you in the store so you can eat it right away.

Don't be a smoker. If you have to smoke, you need to do it at a designated smoking area (which are mostly in office buildings or places like bars and restaurants). If you are caught smoking while for example walking on a street, you will be fine, and quite heftily too.

If you have tattoos, try to cover them. Tattoos in Japan are heavily associated with gang and criminals. Some places like gyms and spas won't even allow you in if you do not cover your tattoos.

Omg your general tips, thanks a million i'll definitely have to look into the portable wifi.

I learnt hiragana a few years ago i can sound things out but dont know it.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Don't forget to call people by their last names. It is dispectful to refer to people you just met on  first names basis in japan. 

One of my professor used to be an engineer at IBM. He traveled to Japan once for conference and call a CEO of a Japanese company as Mr. follow by his first name and everyone in the conference room stared at him thinking who the hell he thinks he is. It was really awakard lol. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

10 hours ago, RainColt said:

Omg your general tips, thanks a million i'll definitely have to look into the portable wifi.

There are also SIM cards you can rent and use for 4G. But keep in mind that Japan may not have the same frequency bands as your home country, and as a result your phone might have terrible reception while in Japan. If you order a "pocket WiFi" you will get good reception, and can share it with other people (if you travel with someone).

10 hours ago, RainColt said:

That's good enough, although I would recommend Katakana too (not too hard if you already know Hiragana).

Just being able to read things phonetically will help tremendously because you can quickly read it and then type it into Google translate. And a lot of stuff is quite obvious when you read it out loud.

10 hours ago, wasab said:

Don't forget to call people by their last names. It is dispectful to refer to people you just met on  first names basis in japan. 

One of my professor used to be an engineer at IBM. He traveled to Japan once for conference and call a CEO of a Japanese company as Mr. follow by his first name and everyone in the conference room stared at him thinking who the hell he thinks he is. It was really awakard lol.

Japan has quite a few mannerism things which seem strange to us. For example it is rude to blow your nose. You should not put your chopsticks into the rice (or spear food in general). Waking and eating is very rude. When you are on a crowded train you should put your backpack on your stomach, not on your back. You do NOT speak on the cellphone while on public transport. The list goes on and on.

But Japan are used to tourists and in general have lower expectations, and more understanding that people from abroad do not know about their manners. So if you're just a tourist, not talking to the CEO of a company, then you should be fine. Just try to be respectful and follow along with others as best as you can and you'll be fine.

Is the idea from the first post completely gone, or modified?

I think this turned into anime-related general thread? If so, I'm actually quite happy, there's no way I'd have time to watch whole series every week and even if it's not required by rules, I drop only the worse and don't simultaneously watch multiple titles.

That being said, do you agree that the way people watch anime has changed? I've seen this mentioned on several YouTube channels and it fits what I see, that is:

Newcomers to anime world used to get a list of classics, out of which you'd have to watch some before you're considered a proper fan. Nowadays people grab whatever's most popular out of the airing show and start with that. There are two things I don't like about it: 1. They miss out the timeless titles, which makes whatever is the best series they saw their ceiling, usually something that's only good; 2. I don't watch ongoing stuff and feel left out.

Any thoughts on that?

4 hours ago, Loote said:

That being said, do you agree that the way people watch anime has changed? I've seen this mentioned on several YouTube channels and it fits what I see, that is:

Newcomers to anime world used to get a list of classics, out of which you'd have to watch some before you're considered a proper fan. Nowadays people grab whatever's most popular out of the airing show and start with that. There are two things I don't like about it: 1. They miss out the timeless titles, which makes whatever is the best series they saw their ceiling, usually something that's only good; 2. I don't watch ongoing stuff and feel left out.

Any thoughts on that?

There's too much good modern anime to try and keep up with. I dont think people need to do their homework to know what they like.

Like to think that the most popular anime is any different than how most of us got into anime (dragonball, naruto, bleach, inuasha, cardcaptors, yugioh) those were plenty of our first anime. Its just a new generation, and with the progression of time that the amount  of great anime you have have to watch would get unreasonable. Whens the cutoff date? And who dictates what has to be seen? Its ridiculous.

Really, there shouldn't be elitism if they like what they like, thats great. We shouldnt pu ourselves or our favorite anime on a pedestal. 

There are lists, my preferred way was to get some 'must watch' list, dig into it and choose titles that sound interesting. What I hope for is, how to describe it... some common base? Reading someone's opinion on, say Cowboy Bebop, NGE and GitS for example, be it good or bad, could point me into what their taste is like. I know it won't happen both because a complete list of must-see titles is impossible to create and because not many will care about it anyway. It's just, I feel you can watch ongoing series and you'll have on average 5-6/10 experience, or you could watch things that multiple people have deemed 'classics' and have 7-8/10 experience on average.

Don't take me too seriously, I'm not on any kind of crusade, just curious if there's someone with similar feelings.

On 5/15/2019 at 10:35 AM, TheProfosist said:

Well guys headed to ACEN 2019 tomorrow like every year. If any of you end up going hit me up. More likely to get me on Twitter or Instagram but I'll check back here. I really think @MyInnerFred@MyInnerFred should come up some time ;)

Haha I can't travel that far. It would be better if you came down to Houston and participated in Anime Matsuri around June 13th instead.

On 5/15/2019 at 7:19 PM, RainColt said:

Theres a discord? How do i join?

I can send you a discord link if you want.

15 hours ago, Loote said:

Is the idea from the first post completely gone, or modified?

I think this turned into anime-related general thread? If so, I'm actually quite happy, there's no way I'd have time to watch whole series every week and even if it's not required by rules, I drop only the worse and don't simultaneously watch multiple titles.

Any thoughts on that?

This club's activities are no longer active, we stopped around when LTT changed the forums. I and some other forum members like @Charger helped run the weekly anime topics. Now the remaining active members just hang out on discord.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

15 hours ago, Loote said:

some common base? Reading someone's opinion on, say Cowboy Bebop, NGE and GitS for example, be it good or bad, could point me into what their taste is like. I know it won't happen both because a complete list of must-see titles is impossible to create and because not many will care about it anyway. It's just, I feel you can watch ongoing series and you'll have on average 5-6/10 experience, or you could watch things that multiple people have deemed 'classics' and have 7-8/10 experience on average.

Yeah i guess, but you could also watch cowboy bebop for the first time and also find it kind of meh, like when we watched it for the thread i didnt love it, it took its self too seriously and felt like it was smelling its own farts, classics of yesteryear arnt for everyone either.

Likenit might have done something ground breaking at the time that other series have borrowed from but watching it now might seem derivative. Where sure, you cant see the forrest throught the trees, cowboy bebop DID do it first but by now its been done 10 times over really well. Its shine is lost to the luster of new gems.

Maybe you're just not the same generation. They're equally proper fans its just what you consider a modern classic for them is just a classic and your classics are ancient classics. Like when i got into anime there was no way i was goi g back abmnd watching lensman, or big O cause those were freakin old

On 5/16/2019 at 12:10 AM, wasab said:

Go visit mount fiji. You can travel by japanese bullet train. You dont need to keep flying from one place to another. 

pro tip get a visitor train pass and use the crap out of it cheap compared to people there are itll get you everywhere

On 5/16/2019 at 8:11 AM, LAwLz said:

What I found is that it was best to plan as little as possible.

Ill agree with this when traveling make a list of what you want to do then just go with the flow and experience the place.

On 5/17/2019 at 5:49 PM, Loote said:

There are lists, my preferred way was to get some 'must watch' list, dig into it and choose titles that sound interesting. What I hope for is, how to describe it... some common base? Reading someone's opinion on, say Cowboy Bebop, NGE and GitS for example, be it good or bad, could point me into what their taste is like. I know it won't happen both because a complete list of must-see titles is impossible to create and because not many will care about it anyway. It's just, I feel you can watch ongoing series and you'll have on average 5-6/10 experience, or you could watch things that multiple people have deemed 'classics' and have 7-8/10 experience on average.

Don't take me too seriously, I'm not on any kind of crusade, just curious if there's someone with similar feelings.

On 5/17/2019 at 6:39 PM, MyInnerFred said:

Haha I can't travel that far. It would be better if you came down to Houston and participated in Anime Matsuri around June 13th instead.

I can send you a discord link if you want.

This club's activities are no longer active, we stopped around when LTT changed the forums. I and some other forum members like @Charger helped run the weekly anime topics. Now the remaining active members just hang out on discord.

rip

also werent their issues around matsuri?

@Looteif your looking for suggestions look through the old weekly threads I though I did a good job having high quality varying offerings but maybe thats just me. Thanks to @Charger for helping out and making threads and stuff :D
yeah the forum switching and loosing tapatalk kinds killed it for me personally. Also was switching over to doing my own thing and making content on my own accounts/platforms.

On 5/18/2019 at 8:11 AM, RainColt said:

Yeah i guess, but you could also watch cowboy bebop for the first time and also find it kind of meh, like when we watched it for the thread i didnt love it, it took its self too seriously and felt like it was smelling its own farts, classics of yesteryear arnt for everyone either.

Likenit might have done something ground breaking at the time that other series have borrowed from but watching it now might seem derivative. Where sure, you cant see the forrest throught the trees, cowboy bebop DID do it first but by now its been done 10 times over really well. Its shine is lost to the luster of new gems.

Maybe you're just not the same generation. They're equally proper fans its just what you consider a modern classic for them is just a classic and your classics are ancient classics. Like when i got into anime there was no way i was goi g back abmnd watching lensman, or big O cause those were freakin old

would love to see your list of what did cowboy bebop anywhere near as well and evokes similar feelings. There is a reason why the eyecatch in the second half is what it is below.

264464034_BebopsLegacythumb.jpg.6e1a004336cf0c50a2c4fb9ced6b0abd.jpg

Im not saying you have to like or enjoy something but I would hardly say Cowboy Bebop has been played out. There are for sure some modern classics but they are becoming fewer and fewer as the industry changes how they are making anime. Gigguk recently has a decent video on this that I mostly agree with. I do seriously suggest you check out the weekly poll threads once I started selecting anime. Otherwise tell me what you looking for and ill give you some varying suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

Wagnaria!!/Working!! may be one of the most wholesome slice of life shows i've seen in a while and there's 3 seasons, thats normally unheard of

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Anyone got lost watching Index season3 (one punch doma)?

I am, so many new characters in such a compressed/ intense plot...

then theres side story of accelerator next season....

1 hour ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

Yeaaaaaah, it was kind of confusing. They've also skipped a lot of content to fit as much as possible into their season so that doesn't help.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

5 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

That anime isn't there to watch for the plot. read the wiki and the manga if you want to know what's going on. 

That anime is there to show the lame shonen fight scenes that appeal to kids and teenagers. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

per my previous comment, if you want a feel-good slice of life, comedy, romance anime, i highly recommend Wagnaria/Working (name depends on where you watch it)

It had an actual ending with everything wrapped up in line with the source material. it's so nice to see a show end instead of dropping out halfway and then having to find where it ends in the light novel/manga if you wish to continue.

image.png.af5b824f2e330199f846ce9252ec6a55.png

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

On 6/9/2019 at 4:48 AM, Arika S said:

per my previous comment, if you want a feel-good slice of life, comedy, romance anime, i highly recommend Wagnaria/Working (name depends on where you watch it)

It had an actual ending with everything wrapped up in line with the source material. it's so nice to see a show end instead of dropping out halfway and then having to find where it ends in the light novel/manga if you wish to continue.

Great series, lots of comedic value. Back when this anime club was actually active we had a week where this series won as the anime of the week to watch if I remember clearly.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Darling in the FRANXX...

3/4 of it was pretty compelling. Then they went Gurren Lagann on me and COMPLETELY lost me. I wasn't quite sure what i was watching anymore. However, the last 10 minutes was quite emotional, so hats off for that last effort. Makes me wish they put the same effort into the last 3 or 4 episodes.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

• 3 weeks later...

Rewatching the original Yu-Gi-Oh, wow is that theme one of the best pieces of music ever? It has everything!

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Rewatching the original pokemon series. Awesome, it is awesome. Brings back childhood memory. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Aww yeah, Danmachi S2 finally here ?

Also, King's Avatar S2 next week for fans of the Chinese animation. I really enjoyed how they showcased competitive e-sport elements of an MMORPG game  ^^

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

Sad day for anime fans
https://japantoday.com/category/crime/33-dead-after-man-sets-fire-to-Kyoto-anime-studio

A deranged man set the Kyoto Animation studio ablaze for "copying" him.

33 dead, 36 in the hospital.

The bastard allegedly set fire near the front door, forcing people to find a different way out.... Most of the victims were on the third floor. 

Were there no emergency fire exists or sprinklers? Sounds like they have issues with fire and health safety in Japan...

Honestly, I would've never guessed that building was the KyoAni studio. It looks like your regular apartment complex.

In any case, this is a sad day indeed. Expect KyoAni's current/future project to either be delayed or even outright cancelled now.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

6 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Sad day for anime fans
https://japantoday.com/category/crime/33-dead-after-man-sets-fire-to-Kyoto-anime-studio

A deranged man set the Kyoto Animation studio ablaze for "copying" him.

33 dead, 36 in the hospital.

The bastard allegedly set fire near the front door, forcing people to find a different way out.... Most of the victims were on the third floor. 

Were there no emergency fire exists or sprinklers? Sounds like they have issues with fire and health safety in Japan...

Honestly, I would've never guessed that building was the KyoAni studio. It looks like your regular apartment complex.

In any case, this is a sad day indeed. Expect KyoAni's current/future project to either be delayed or even outright cancelled now.