Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
6 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

That's some nice and "diverse" list of anime. Though some of those I don't recommend. But that's just my personal oppionion.

Usual recommendation:
Log Horizon

Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio (when Silver Sky from nano was played, That was an interesting scene)

Aa! Megami-sama (I think you should go for the TV Show first and then watch the OVA, not the other way around. The TV Show doesn't Show the OVA Stuff and without TV you wouldn't understand the OVA)

Tenchi Muyou Ryo-Ohki

And if you want some long, awesome, rather slowish paced stuff:
Uchuu Kyoudai. Man, that was awesome, really got me in, although I didn't watch it for a long time for whatever reason. 

It really is awesome!

Those are some nice ones too.

Great to see that you don't just watch the "Mainstream" Animes.

There was this one with the young pilot that went over a couple of years. Forgot the Name though.

Was about a romance and around half way through it went to the children IIRC...

Other Things:

Elemental Gelade?

Who has watched that? (was one of the first I've watched)

Both are crazy. If it has to be Overlord Universe than Narberal GAMMA.

If not:
Cutes Weapon of Mass Destruction aka Melon Girl, Belldandy or Slave Girl aka  000-3901-0

You gotta watch made in the abyss. Although looking like a kids show for majority of the episodes, that thing suddenly turned dark and went full blown madaoka magica around ep 10 or 11.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 minutes ago, wasab said:

You gotta watch made in the abyss. Although looking like a kids show for majority of the episodes, that thing suddenly turned dark and went full blown madaoka magica around ep 10 or 11.

I Did start it but dropped it because I didn't really like it.

Right now I'm watching Aa! Megami-sama - again...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

3 minutes ago, wasab said:

We just need a season 2 of it. Just like many other anime... (Including Youjo Senki)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

6 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

We just need a season 2 of it. Just like many other anime... (Including Youjo Senki)

The manga continues just no anime. What I need the most is the 2nd season of one punch man 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Just now, wasab said:

The manga continues just no anime. What I need the most is the 2nd season of one punch man 

Oh yeah, I just love how nutty that show is.  I think a 2nd season was stated for it.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

13 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

I Did start it but dropped it because I didn't really like it.

Right now I'm watching Aa! Megami-sama - again...

Try fate zero or psycho pass. 

Once you've seen animes from gen urobuchi like fate zero, all other animes you watch afterwards will look like shit in comparison for quite a while. It took me a while to be able to enjoy slice of life anime again after watching that.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

27 minutes ago, wasab said:

Try fate zero or psycho pass. 

You didn't click the Link, did you? ;)

27 minutes ago, wasab said:

Once you've seen animes from gen urobuchi like fate zero, all other animes you watch afterwards will look like shit in comparison for quite a while. It took me a while to be able to enjoy slice of life anime again after watching that.

I'm not the optical guy and can enjoy the good stuff from the late 80s and early 90s as well...

Something that really surprised me was Attack No.1 how amazing it looked for the time.

I only watched a couple of Episodes and so far it seems rather cheesy. Maybe I continue watching that, I don't know.

46 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

No Game No Life, Log Horizon Season 3, Kami Nomi Zo Shiru Sekai, To love-ru isn't done yet (though teh Manga ended a while ago), Sekirei, Arata and a ton of other shit that I forgot right now...

10 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

You didn't click the Link, did you? ;)

I'm not the optical guy and can enjoy the good stuff from the late 80s and early 90s as well...

Something that really surprised me was Attack No.1 how amazing it looked for the time.

I only watched a couple of Episodes and so far it seems rather cheesy. Maybe I continue watching that, I don't know.

Their animations arent particularly outstanding. They are just.... different. 

Maybe you want astroboy ?

My personal childhood favorite is Doraemon. Of all the TV shows and anime, that is the only one that made me shed tears. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

13 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

No Game No Life, Log Horizon Season 3, Kami Nomi Zo Shiru Sekai, To love-ru isn't done yet (though teh Manga ended a while ago), Sekirei, Arata and a ton of other shit that I forgot right now...

I highly doubt Log Horizon S3 will happen with the train wreck S2 was.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

3 hours ago, MyInnerFred said:

I highly doubt Log Horizon S3 will happen with the train wreck S2 was.

S2 wasn't that bad...

But you have to live with S3 never happening as a ton of other shows...

...So...

For those who know...

I just finished Ep 9 of Violet Evergarden.

So. Many. Feelz. On a hundred million levels. There are feelz coming out of my eyes, my toes curled, and almost asphixiated myself for the lack of remembering to breathe.

Where in the hell did this animation come from?!

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Just now, DaPhuc said:

Clannad is one of emotional anime ever. I cry every time I finish the anime. 

Have you watched Angel Beats?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

VRV's recommended list is great. It's all stuff already in my watchlist. Truly wonderful.

Still better that Google

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Anybody's got good anime to watch?

I found Steins;Gate not long time ago. I just want to watch another anime, preferably comedy.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

13 minutes ago, DimasRMDO said:

I found Steins;Gate not long time ago. I just want to watch another anime, preferably comedy.

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt

Pani Poni Dash

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Pani Poni Dash

Ooh okay, another bookmarks then.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

14 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Pani Poni Dash

Added to the list :P

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...

23 hours ago, DimasRMDO said:

Try those:

https://www.anime-planet.com/users/StefanP/anime/watched

Karin isn't bad and Moon Phase isn't too bad either.

And if you have a bit more time and want to watch a longer Anime:
Uchuu Kyoudai!

Soooo I just finished watching Darling in the Franxx. What in the actual fuck did I just witness in the last two episodes? Like I found it hard to keep watching in the beginning due to the blatant sexism but by episode 14 it had me coming back for more. But so much bullshit happened in the last 2 or 3 episodes that I had lost any connection I had with the characters at all.

6 hours ago, imreloadin said:

Soooo I just finished watching Darling in the Franxx. What in the actual fuck did I just witness in the last two episodes? Like I found it hard to keep watching in the beginning due to the blatant sexism but by episode 14 it had me coming back for more. But so much bullshit happened in the last 2 or 3 episodes that I had lost any connection I had with the characters at all.

i should have stopped after episode 12.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

10 hours ago, imreloadin said:

same

there was a lot of fanservice in the beginning too. I did like the more slice of life episodes though, but then its like they remembered that there is fighting and war and where like, o crap we have to finish the war, so here's some bad guys and here's a giant spaceship to blow stuff up. but imho it wasn't too bad of a anime, at least the first arch was decent.

[NEW System] (CPU) i7-4790k (mobo) ASUS maximins V (GPU) AMD R9 380x (CPU cooling) Corsair h100 (PSU) EVGA 800w (Monitor's) LG 32" ultrawide @ 75hz and a Asus 27" IPS logitech g602 mouse

[OLD System] (CPU) amd athlon x4 760k@ 4.4ghz/ (mobo) MSI FM2-A55M-E33/ (GPU) Gigabyte windforce 7870 / (CPU cooling) Corsair h100/ (PSU) Corsair CX 430w/ (monitor) dell 1980x1080@60hz 21"/ a logitech keyboard and mouse. Phone: Samsung S5  Galaxy s10e .

OLD Laptop: Dell Latitude E6410 with i5 520m and Nvidia NVS 310

Laptop's: Dell precision m2800 i7 4610m with amd firepro w4170m

other laptop Asus.

1 hour ago, Elite14 said:

same

there was a lot of fanservice in the beginning too. I did like the more slice of life episodes though, but then its like they remembered that there is fighting and war and where like, o crap we have to finish the war, so here's some bad guys and here's a giant spaceship to blow stuff up. but imho it wasn't too bad of a anime, at least the first arch was decent.

Yeah the slice of life episodes were decent. It really felt like they had no idea where they wanted the series to go at the end and decided to try a little of everything. The last transformation in the last two episodes though...literally wtf were they thinking xD