Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
54 minutes ago, Tr3vor said:

You probably got baited my good sir.

Under normal circumstances I'd agree, but:

And in Germany Anime isn't that common, besides some older Shounen ones like Dragon Ball...

And the rest is the usual Hype - wich leads them to Sword Art Online, although it's not that good, but the Hype is great...

If you are older (like me), you might have Watched Saber Rider and The Star Sherriffs, Captain Future and some other that most People don't consider anime like Heidi, Vicky, "Biene Maja" (Maja the bee) and some others...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

My favourite three would probably be:

1. SukaSuka

2. Arpeggio of Blue Steel

3. Ummm...I dunno actually. Have a lot of things I really like but nothing really stands out above all the other ones. Potential ones are: Toradora, Yona, Nogizaka Haruka, Usagi drops, Plastic memories, GuP, Btooom, Jormungand ect. ect. ect. (it will be a very long list if I listed em all).

Then in rank zero (i.e. never budges and is always at the top of favourites list):

Shin-chan - have watched everything pre-authors death, only watched one movie and no episodes afterwards so dunno what its like now. 

Doraemon - Only have watched ones pre-2010 so once again, no idea whether its any good or not anymore. 

Potentially Digimon (first and only first season).

*cough cough* Totally no sentimental reasons involved at all... 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1. Dream eater Merry

2. Plastic Memories 

3. Jormungand 

uhhh but their are a lot to rival them from what I have watched.

12 hours ago, Aexaendrion said:

2. Sword Art Online 

Not to be an ass but why SAO? I'm just genuinely curious 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

2 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

Not to be an ass but why SAO? I'm just genuinely curious 

Maybe he likes it? No scratch that, he does like it else he wouldn't list it :P.

To be honest, I sorta don't understand the hate for SAO and why some people are always on the case for people who like it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a particularly big fan of SAO but I don't hate it nor do I find it boring so I'd happily rewatch SAO if someone wanted to watch it together (or something). 

1 hour ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

To be honest, I sorta don't understand the hate for SAO and why some people are always on the case for people who like it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a particularly big fan of SAO but I don't hate it nor do I find it boring so I'd happily rewatch SAO if someone wanted to watch it together (or something). 

Nah I Don't hate the series just curious of why he liked it? Because I enjoyed the First arc when they where in Incrad (know I spelt that wrong but what ever) and trying to escape but the Alfhiem online was disturbing to say the least and well Season 2 I only watched due to Sinon..... 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

Well Currently trying to finish multiple series at once. FML doesn't help that I should be studying for exams in two weeks but oh well. 

Trying to finish:

Darling In The Franxx, Citris (just finished), Beatless , Twin star exorcists,  SAO: Alternative GGO, Seiken Tsukai no world break, Hatsukoi monster, Zankyou no terror, Gi(a)rlish Number, Clannad, Gurren Lagann, Hyper Police, Lucky Star, Seven deadly sins: S2

Don't get me started into the list of what I need to watch.....

17 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

Well Currently trying to finish multiple series at once. FML doesn't help that I should be studying for exams in two weeks but oh well. 

Trying to finish:

Darling In The Franxx, Citris (just finished), Beatless , Twin star exorcists,  SAO: Alternative GGO, Seiken Tsukai no world break, Hatsukoi monster, Zankyou no terror, Gi(a)rlish Number, Clannad, Gurren Lagann, Hyper Police, Lucky Star, Seven deadly sins: S2

Don't get me started into the list of what I need to watch.....

Oi, that's not as bad as me. My first exam is tomorrow and instead of revising, I'm just reading manga, a lot of manga. I mean I'm reading about 90 chapters/day which probably isn't great for my grades? :D (and that's excluding the animes I'm watching as well) 

@Mr.Meerkat My problem is that this is a repeat that I am doing xD so I already have got grades for these subjects but I need them improved. 

So ya... fml Math n ICT woow 

10 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

@Mr.Meerkat My problem is that this is a repeat that I am doing xD so I already have got grades for these subjects but I need them improved. 

So ya... fml Math n ICT woow 

Fair enough. Thing is, I have to meet conditions for my uni and as I'm sitting advanced highers (basically first year uni content but you don't learn as much as a year in uni) so my usual "winging it" probably won't work too well.

FML in Maths and Physics. For computing, I'm all good cause its ez AF :P

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

FML in Maths and Physics. For computing, I'm all good cause its ez AF :P

Thankfully I got a unconditional for Staffordshire Uni but still need to do well in my Math resit to help if I want to go onto a masters after.... 

Like tbh still regret doing A-Levels but that cant be changed anyway

15 hours ago, Aexaendrion said:

What are your three favourite animes?

My list:

1. Fairy Tail

2. Sword Art Online 

3. Dragon Ball

Very difficult question, so many great anime :D.

(not sure if this order is even right because I have quite a few favourite anime :D)

1. Akame Ga Kill, the ending was epic until the last part which was meh. It's a shame because it didn't end like that in the manga (I haven't read the manga) which makes it all the more disappointing. Still, it always gives me chills down my spine when I watch it! I really enjoy twisted/dark anime.

2. Gurren Lagann, so epic on so many levels. You think it has peaked but then it gets more crazy. 

3. Code Geass, same situation as Akame Ga Kill although I was fine with the ending. Great anime. New series soon (?), all aboard the hype train!

Tokyo Ghoul would of been on this list if S3 wasn't wtf is going on. S2 was wtf but at least..

Spoiler

S2 made some sense. Now Kaneki is this new guy, what happened to the epic battle where Kaneki most likely loses? Can someone please explain wtf is going on :(? I really liked Kaneki as a character and I really wanted to see what he'd become. 

Maybe Clannad or another anime of that type of intense feels should've been in my favourites because I really really really enjoyed them but those type of anime don't really have much rewatchability (cus I can't bring myself to feel that sad again :().

SAO will always have a place in my heart since it introduced me to the genre. It resonates well with me because of the MMO part.

That being said, my favorites for now:

1. Attack on Titan

2. Log Horizon

3. Danmachi

But 3 is way too few to list. I rate Overlord and Konosuba very high as well and recently I got highly invested in the Chinese animation Quan Zhi Gao Shou.

2 hours ago, Alex Colson said:

SAO: Alternative GGO

Hehe, I was sceptical first but the Pink Devil is awesome.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

10 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

SAO: Alternative GGO

Actually finding it good more due to the fact that GGO to her is an escape, So kinda curious about her character development. Kinda disappointed with ep 3 though (Spoilers below)

Spoiler

Was kinda wishing it was Sinon in the last team against them when I saw the sniper shot but it wasn't and then WTF about 'M' at the end. I Really hope the Pink Devil dodges the shot.

Someone said, I haven't watched a lot anime... Here are all anime in remember that in watched.

Sword Art Online

Kuromukuro

Black Clover 

Fairy Tail

Dragon Ball 

One Piece

Magi 

Pokemon 

Code Geass 

Accel World 

Bleach 

Naruto 

Shingeki no Kyojin

This is much anime, if you know also how many episodes and series some of them have.

14 hours ago, Aexaendrion said:

Someone said, I haven't watched a lot anime... Here are all anime in remember that in watched.

Sword Art Online

Kuromukuro

Black Clover 

Fairy Tail

Dragon Ball 

One Piece

Magi 

Pokemon 

Code Geass 

Accel World 

Bleach 

Naruto 

Shingeki no Kyojin

This is much anime, if you know also how many episodes and series some of them have.

Well, you've watched a decent amount but it's not really about how much you've watched either (watching less is probably a good thing). I've got 293 anime marked as watched on MAL xD.

14 hours ago, Aexaendrion said:

Sword Art Online

Kuromukuro

Black Clover 

Fairy Tail

Dragon Ball 

One Piece

Magi 

Pokemon 

Code Geass 

Accel World 

Bleach 

Naruto 

Shingeki no Kyojin

Impressive list. Mine so far is

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Initial D

Dragon Ball Z/GT

Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA:B

Soul Eater

Bleach

Naruto

Attack On Titan

Fairy Tail

Cowboy Bebop

Neon Genesis Evangelion

It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular

Kill La Kill

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

7 hours ago, fringie said:

(watching less is probably a good thing)

The more you watch, the less you enjoy anime. Too much of something can be bad. Stick to the "critically acclaimed" anime and you'll be fine. But once you start watching crap anime with generic storyline, filled with common tropes, you can basically predict what's going to happen next, taking all the fun out of watching anime.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

On 5/3/2018 at 5:34 AM, TetraSky said:

The more you watch, the less you enjoy anime. Too much of something can be bad. Stick to the "critically acclaimed" anime and you'll be fine. But once you start watching crap anime with generic storyline, filled with common tropes, you can basically predict what's going to happen next, taking all the fun out of watching anime.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.  

That aside my favorite 3 series? Sheesh that's really hard.... I'm gonna have to add more.

1. Spice and Wolf (Very well done romance, has great character development. Contributing factor to my job atm)
  2. Natsume Yuujinchou (Very good story telling, real tear jerker)
  3. Hyouka (Great character development)

I guess those would have to be my top 3? 

Series I have enjoyed though include:

Youjo Senki

Space Dandy

Overlord

The Ancient Magus Bride

Koe no Katachi (this one is a movie)

Death Parade

Kino no Tabi

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu(Very pleasantly surprised by this one)

Ghost in the Shell

Hibike! Euphonium

Nodame Cantabile

Kara no Kyoukai (all the movies)

Log Horizone (Season One only)

One Punch Man

Chihayafuru (better than expected)

5 Centimeters Per Second (this one is a movie)

Hanasaku Iroha (Good character development)

Katanagatari (be warned tons of talking)

Kimi ni Todoke (pretty generic but doesn't try to be more than it is)

Space Brothers

That should be all that I have watched, left out series I'm sure I'd like but haven't watched yet.

v14onna.jpg

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

mate plz if i put my list ill be here forever xD 

thought i will put up my top 5 anime of all time

GTO(manga, anime is not as good as the manga)

Clannad

Birdy the mighty(the old school one)

initial D

ehh... ill say  spirited away 

lives on

BAKABT

On 5/4/2018 at 10:26 PM, MyInnerFred said:

That aside my favorite 3 series? Sheesh that's really hard.... I'm gonna have to add more.

1. Spice and Wolf (Very well done romance, has great character development. Contributing factor to my job atm)
  2. Natsume Yuujinchou (Very good story telling, real tear jerker)
  3. Hyouka (Great character development)

YAY, another Natsume Yuujinchou Fan!! It is honestly one of my favs as well. No matter how bad I feel, watching this anime can get rid of all my problems and puts me in such a feel-good state!! The only other anime that has given me the same feels is Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.

7 minutes ago, Johny555 said:

YAY, another Natsume Yuujinchou Fan!! It is honestly one of my favs as well. No matter how bad I feel, watching this anime can get rid of all my problems and puts me in such a feel-good state!! The only other anime that has given me the same feels is Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.

Bittersweet sometimes, you've got good taste. Rakugo was a really good one too, I started watching that one thinking it would be a fairly basic series. It was pleasantly surprising to be wrong.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

On 2.05.2018 at 2:09 PM, Alex Colson said:

I Really hope the Pink Devil dodges the shot.

Well to this I can only say one thing - it pays to watch the after credits scenes ;-)

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

11 hours ago, Lathlaer said:

Well to this I can only say one thing - it pays to watch the after credits scenes ;-)

Don't worry I did, Someone informed me that the episode had after credit scenes. 

Its only in shokugeki no soma that you see an intire episode dedicated to the tasting of two similar yet intirely different dishes with dedicated backstory for both of them. Those backstories also have more dept to them than the avarage harem character

7 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Its only in shokugeki no soma that you see an intire episode dedicated to the tasting of two similar yet intirely different dishes with dedicated backstory for both of them. Those backstories also have more dept to them than the avarage harem character

Wasn't sure if that series was worth watching at all.