Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
20 minutes ago, wasab said:

The movies confuse the heck out of me. I just finish watching and It looked like a prequel to the main story but none of the MCs are there and the whole film is simply... quite different to the point it looks like a completely different genre.  Instead of light hearted comedy, we seem to get some sort of tragic love story between a man and a loli (which is a bit creepy....).

It is better to treat the movie and the main anime series as two completely different show, even if all occur within the same universe, kind of like fate Apocrypha and events of fate zero vs that other fate franchise.

I still am not understanding the plot. Not really sure what was going on in the story.... 

Remember how Tet references a great war between the Old Deuces over who would become the supreme being in the show? The movie is about that great war, how Tet came to be, and how Tet became the supreme being.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

On 3/6/2018 at 7:20 PM, Strike105X said:

Dunno how it is in the light novel (i only watched the anime series before seeing the movie) but honestly the way the movie and the series went it felt like:

Hide contents

Shiro and Sora where reincarnations of Riku and Schuwi.

Which i hope it is.

The novel left that part unexplained, whether that is intentionally to keep the side-story relatable, or is the writer/illustrator (it is the same guy doing two jobs) didn't want to design new characters.

On 3/7/2018 at 9:29 AM, wasab said:

It is better to treat the movie and the main anime series as two completely different show, even if all occur within the same universe, kind of like fate Apocrypha and events of fate zero vs that other fate franchise.

Fate Zero is, in fact, the prequel of the original Fate/Stay night. When Fate/stay Night is about the fifth Holy Grail War in 2005 (I am not sure if it is what it's called in English), Fate Zero is about what happened 10 years ago, the fourth Holy Grail War.

Everything is related to the main story:

At the end of Fate/Zero, Emiya Kiritsugu order sabre to destroy the Holy Grail, the contents of the Grail spill out and cause a massive fire in new town. Kiritsugu found an orange hair boy who is dying. To keep him alive, Kiritsugu put Avalon into his body and later adopted the boy(Emiya Shirou).
Now Shirou got Avalon (the media to summon). But it is not enough to summon a servant, he still needs a Magic Circle. If you remember in the later part of Fate Zero, Irisviel becomes so weak that she needs to stay in a magic circle connected to Sabre to stay functional as human. Where is that circle? In the storehouse of Kiritsugu's House. So now you know why Shirou summon Sabre back at home, and not at school when he is attacked by Lancer. And it also explained why Shirou is always going to summon Altria, with Avalon as media. There are more back stories like that all over the place in Fate Zero and different line of Fate.

Btw, Japanese like to use the word Zero in prequels: No Game No Life: Zero, Fate Zero... the name said it all.

So... Violet Evergarden is quite something with its 3 episode backstory and now I am enthralled by it!

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Why is Boruto so much boring?

I have been trying to give Boruto a chance since the beginning due to how much I enjoyed Naruto, however aside some neat moments and scenes the anime is being over all one of the most boring and slow build up animes of all time that I've forced myself to watch, things seemed to warm up on Team 7 first mission only to go back in the fridge later on...

I mean really:

Spoiler

4XUu9v5.jpg

a5vJiSr.jpg

I get it that it is peace time, more technology was made, it is a different timeline, that is not what I'm complaining at all I even support it all however they have turn Boruto int oa much more childish anime without any of the stuff that made the former awesome... the episodes are boring and there simply is no action, you do these comparison of the classic to Boruto and almost feels like rewatching the entire old thing instead lol

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

26 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

-snip-

Because its based on something that's relatively boring to begin with so what did you expect? :D 

/jk, used to watch Naruto however as I got older, I just found it tedious and boring to watch. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

On 3/5/2018 at 8:33 AM, Eduard the weeb said:

oh fuck exactly 95,000 posts

Oh fuck I fucked it up its 95,001 now

We use to the be the biggest thread on the forum back when we were actively doing club activities. 

We should still be the most viewed thread if I'm correct.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

On 3/15/2018 at 4:40 PM, Princess Cadence said:

I have been trying to give Boruto a chance since the beginning due to how much I enjoyed Naruto, however aside some neat moments and scenes the anime is being over all one of the most boring and slow build up animes of all time that I've forced myself to watch, things seemed to warm up on Team 7 first mission only to go back in the fridge later on...

I mean really:

Reveal hidden contents

4XUu9v5.jpg

a5vJiSr.jpg

I get it that it is peace time, more technology was made, it is a different timeline, that is not what I'm complaining at all I even support it all however they have turn Boruto int oa much more childish anime without any of the stuff that made the former awesome... the episodes are boring and there simply is no action, you do these comparison of the classic to Boruto and almost feels like rewatching the entire old thing instead lol

These ninjas already figured out DNA testing. Why couldn’t they just make a thermalnuclear bombs instead of training in ninjutsu? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 3/15/2018 at 2:40 PM, Princess Cadence said:

They ran out of interesting plot after Naruto Season 3.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

• 2 weeks later...

Man I just finished re-watching ReLife and the OVA's and that's one of the best endings that i've seen in an anime. If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend it. 

[NEW System] (CPU) i7-4790k (mobo) ASUS maximins V (GPU) AMD R9 380x (CPU cooling) Corsair h100 (PSU) EVGA 800w (Monitor's) LG 32" ultrawide @ 75hz and a Asus 27" IPS logitech g602 mouse

[OLD System] (CPU) amd athlon x4 760k@ 4.4ghz/ (mobo) MSI FM2-A55M-E33/ (GPU) Gigabyte windforce 7870 / (CPU cooling) Corsair h100/ (PSU) Corsair CX 430w/ (monitor) dell 1980x1080@60hz 21"/ a logitech keyboard and mouse. Phone: Samsung S5  Galaxy s10e .

OLD Laptop: Dell Latitude E6410 with i5 520m and Nvidia NVS 310

Laptop's: Dell precision m2800 i7 4610m with amd firepro w4170m

other laptop Asus.

13 hours ago, Elite14 said:

Man I just finished re-watching ReLife and the OVA's and that's one of the best endings that i've seen in an anime. If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend it. 

I plan on finishing the manga before watching the OVA endings for that one. I heard you miss out on a lot if you just watch the OVA.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

13 hours ago, Elite14 said:

ReLIFE I really, really really enjoyed.  At least emotionally, the whole 'logic' of the scenario is broken but once you ignore it, unf, it hits me right in the feels.  I bought the original series Bluray and I hope there's a North American release of the OVA on disc. :(

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

ReLIFE I really, really really enjoyed.  At least emotionally, the whole 'logic' of the scenario is broken but once you ignore it, unf, it hits me right in the feels.  I bought the original series Bluray and I hope there's a North American release of the OVA on disc. :(

Yeah the drug testing company thing is too far fetched but it's a fictional story so I'm not bothered too much by it.

2 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

Yeah the drug testing company thing is too far fetched but it's a fictional story so I'm not bothered too much by it.

A drug company using the drug for those use instead of selling it to people who fear the grim specter of age?

A drug company who gave out the drug and THEN asked the patient to sign the consent papers the morning after?

A drug company who thinks this is Plan A, skipping any attempts at therapy first?

Holy shit, this company can ERASE PEOPLE'S MEMORIES TOO???

Wait, they also erase the memories of non-consenting minors in a high school?

The drug company than EMPLOYS two test subjects, both assuming that somehow they'll NEVER recall the details of their own ReLIFE relationships AND possibly tainting any post-treatment follow up data by surrounding them with employees who'd be fully aware of the ReLIFE process?

Not that I didn't enjoy the drama but the setup is pretty silly and you have to willfully ignore it.

10 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

snip

Yeah half way through I wondered why they aren't mass producing this "anti-aging pill", but if you ignore that the show is really really good and is probably in my top favorite anime. I was legitimately excited at the end of the last OVA for what happened. It gets you right in the feels. Great anime.... Now I need something else, maybe now that the last episode of the ancient magus bride is done airing I'll watch that. 

[NEW System] (CPU) i7-4790k (mobo) ASUS maximins V (GPU) AMD R9 380x (CPU cooling) Corsair h100 (PSU) EVGA 800w (Monitor's) LG 32" ultrawide @ 75hz and a Asus 27" IPS logitech g602 mouse

[OLD System] (CPU) amd athlon x4 760k@ 4.4ghz/ (mobo) MSI FM2-A55M-E33/ (GPU) Gigabyte windforce 7870 / (CPU cooling) Corsair h100/ (PSU) Corsair CX 430w/ (monitor) dell 1980x1080@60hz 21"/ a logitech keyboard and mouse. Phone: Samsung S5  Galaxy s10e .

other laptop Asus.

11 hours ago, Elite14 said:

Yeah half way through I wondered why they aren't mass producing this "anti-aging pill", but if you ignore that the show is really really good and is probably in my top favorite anime. I was legitimately excited at the end of the last OVA for what happened. It gets you right in the feels. Great anime.... Now I need something else, maybe now that the last episode of the ancient magus bride is done airing I'll watch that. 

Whoa what the last ep of Magus Bride is up now? If so it's time to marathon.

Just finished the (relife) OVA and as much as I liked it, the ending was like, super predictable and for some reason, its bugging me. Regardless, if I had to give it a score, its a solid 9.25/10.

21 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Not that I didn't enjoy the drama but the setup is pretty silly and you have to willfully ignore it.

To be fair, don't you kinda have to ignore the setup on the majority of animes? Actually scrap that, isn't the setup for the majority of shows and movies, regardless of where/what it is, unrealistic and requires the viewer to ignore the gaping holes? 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

13 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

To be fair, don't you kinda have to ignore the setup on the majority of animes? Actually scrap that, isn't the setup for the majority of shows and movies, regardless of where/what it is, unrealistic and requires the viewer to ignore the gaping holes? 

The concept you are referring to is 'suspension of disbelief' but there are limits to this.  As a simple example, Jurassic Park; Genetics company uses Genetics to clone dinosaurs, plan is to use dinosaurs to fund a for profit theme park and make all of the dollars.  There are SMALL holes in this but it 'mostly works' and you just have to suspend a limited amount of disbelief, mostly in the realm of the actual science, to enjoy the story.  On the other hand 'Genetics company uses genetics to clone dinosaurs SO JUST ONE GUY CAN HAVE ONE IN HIS BACK YARD CAUSE HE THINKS IT'S COOL' would be a much DUMBER idea.  You have to suspend a SIGNIFICANT amount of disbelief to enjoy that.

ReLIFE, which takes place in what would otherwise be 'Our Contemporary Real World' and even goes into the DETAIL of what Japanese salary workers cope with in the frequently cutthroat office fields, and as a result you actually have to suspend a fair BIT of disbelief in exchange for a plot that is mostly just drama.  It's not offering fantastic battles against angels or gigantic space robots in exchange for your suspension of disbelief, it's a story about NEETs and hikkikomori a very real phenomenon, trying to unfuck their lives by reliving every day high school experiences.

27 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

Whoa what the last ep of Magus Bride is up now? If so it's time to marathon.

Yeah ep 24 is up, pretty sure it's the last one in the series from what I can find. Sadly it's still locked in premium but it should come out this weekend. 

other laptop Asus.

3 minutes ago, Elite14 said:

Yeah ep 24 is up, pretty sure it's the last one in the series from what I can find. Sadly it's still locked in premium but it should come out this weekend. 

Ahh, well thanks for the heads up anyway.

I'm watching Darling in the Franxx and it's entertaining.

But the character development in the latest episodes were appallingly mediocre and rushed.

Novel 12 of The Testament of Sister New Devil is out.

Warning, lots of lewd stuff in this post (no pictures or links though). You have been warned.

Spoiler

Pretty good if you ask me. Basara basically spends the entire book going around and having sex with his harem. I think I finally understand how all the old ladies reading 50 shades of gray think and feel.

I think they went a bit overboard with some characters though. Explained why in spoilers.

Spoiler

For example Mio becomes a massive sex addict. I don't have enough fingers to count the number of dildos, vibrators and butt-plugs she use in this novel.

Yuki does the classic hentai peace sign while being filmed having sex with Basara, plus anal beads the size of golf balls.

Chisato has a rape fantasy which "because magic" turns real, and she gets fucked by 4 Basara clones at the same time. It ends with some sweet vanilla sex though.

If either one of these were my waifu then I would feel kind of sad seeing these characters that started off innocent enough turn into this mess.

Other spoilers:

Spoiler

Mio, Yuki, Zest and Chisato got pregnant.

They all decided that Maria and Kurumi should get pregnant too so they did (thanks to succubus made super-viagra and forced ovulation drugs, I guess they didn't have the patience to just wait a few weeks and try again?).

Then Celis and Nanao moves in with them and makes the master-servant vow.

All 8 of them marries Basara.

Still think it is funny that Linus endorsed this show. Especially since the age of the characters are like, 12-16.

4 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Novel 12 of The Testament of Sister New Devil is out.

Warning, lots of lewd stuff in this post (no pictures or links though). You have been warned.

Reveal hidden contents

Pretty good if you ask me. Basara basically spends the entire book going around and having sex with his harem. I think I finally understand how all the old ladies reading 50 shades of gray think and feel.

I think they went a bit overboard with some characters though. Explained why in spoilers.

Reveal hidden contents

If either one of these were my waifu then I would feel kind of sad seeing these characters that started off innocent enough turn into this mess.

Other spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Still think it is funny that Linus endorsed this show. Especially since the age of the characters are like, 12-16.

TSND had never been an anime. I've always classified it has hentai because well... That's literally what the story is about :P 

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

20 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

That's literally what the story is about :P 

Hey!

It's a masterfully crafted love story about a hero learning to live with demons, and the true meaning of family.

It's like a modern day Romeo and Juliet!... except with more underage incest... (and let's be honest here, that element improves any story).