Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
15 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

It even came with an original purchasing reciept. :o  At least I think that's what that is.

(sorry to burst your bubble...maybe?) Are you talking about the picture below this? If so, that's a survey which asks for your gender, address, phone number and other things I can't read... :P 

15 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

And the eBay seller even sent a personalized thankyou note. <3

Everything I've ordered from Japan has included some form of thank you note, some personalised, some generic. To be fair, considering the type of customer service you get in Japan, its not surprising? 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

(sorry to burst your bubble...maybe?) Are you talking about the picture below this? If so, that's a survey which asks for your gender, address, phone number and other things I can't read... :P 

Yeah I later found out I was wrong.  It's one of those customer registration things that you send in to the company so they can have stats and maybe send you a catalogue.

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Everything I've ordered from Japan has included some form of thank you note, some personalised, some generic. To be fair, considering the type of customer service you get in Japan, its not surprising? 

I like how they wrote it in romanji too for my gaijin self. :D 5 stars to that eBay seller. :D

11 hours ago, Urishima said:

And now there is a 2nd series of books in the Universe.

Yeah I mentioned that.

On 2/26/2018 at 5:32 PM, AshleyAshes said:

Sure, you guys THINK you like anime, but do you like anime enough to buy it on a giant 12 inch wide optical disc? :o
It even came with an original purchasing reciept. :o  At least I think that's what that is.

My pockets aren't deep enough for doing things like that. Besides I don't have a ton of space to utilize for merch.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

2 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

My pockets aren't deep enough for doing things like that. 

It was $18 CAD including shipping. :D

43 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

It was $18 CAD including shipping. :D

Well then there is the lack of space and the means to actually use the disc. I don't even had a working CD drive anymore.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

14 hours ago, MyInnerFred said:

Well then there is the lack of space and the means to actually use the disc. I don't even had a working CD drive anymore.

Oh I never got it to PLAY.  A LD will only ever have optically encoded analog composite video in it.  The Blu-Rays are vastly superior.  This is for the glorious box. :D

On 27/02/2018 at 10:32 AM, AshleyAshes said:

Sure, you guys THINK you like anime, but do you like anime enough to buy it on a giant 12 inch wide optical disc? :o

IMG_20180226_181922.thumb.jpg.d1ac56145ce3f3a290e55b66781a7d60.jpg5a9498b09ded7_IMG_20180226_1815512.thumb.jpg.b60d69be9494042dfdda7003662f808b.jpg

IMG_20180226_181808.thumb.jpg.cab7d73065e7b61d5f4871e99d437ea0.jpg

5a9498cf218c1_IMG_20180226_1817032.thumb.jpg.6ab27d86ec5c1f971fc1f774421cced6.jpg

5a9498d246a67_IMG_20180226_1816022.thumb.jpg.e682b9cacfa38070bd26bc56b1cb0da0.jpg

Lol i get those letters 50% everytime i purchase from japan

lives on

BAKABT

Ummm, please may I get some recommendations on animes to watch?

I've recently started 13 animes,  for 12 of em, I watched the first two or three episodes, found them horrendously boring and put them into my "will revist later" list as I know if I didn't feel so shit right now, I'd probably find them relatively interesting. For the single series that I did manage to complete, it did kinda semi-feel like a chore so I can't just do my usual thing of going onto MAL and looking at "recommendations" as generally I'll find those not great as well. 

I guess it would help if you had an idea of my tastes in Anime...

Spoiler

Favourite genre: Don't have one but romance-comedy is my most watched genre so that? 

Favourite anime(s): Aoki Hagane (what bias?), SukaSuka, Issuhuukan friends, Netojuu, Netoge and finally Shin-chan, I mean how could you not love shin-chan? 

Animes I like considerably: Nogizaka Haruka, Toradora, Akatsuki No Yona, Tsuki ga Kirei, Mahoromatic, Todoki, Usagi drops, Kawaisou, Shirayuki, CBA listing anymore as otherwise, this list would become 20+. 

On a side note, if you're thinking averaging 2 series/movies per day since sometime around mid November is the cause of me finding everything soooooo boring (i.e. I've watched 220~ series/movies in 3.5~ months), its not as I had no issues rewatching 2 series I like yesterday so all I need to do is find something that can keep my attention again :D

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

tenor.gif?itemid=8291749

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

5 hours ago, Jaybird said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8291749

Well, that's unfortunate.

/Joke

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I up and caved, going to Ikea to get a bookcase exclusively for my quickly growing anime disc collection.  Even now I have 3 more BD sets incoming by the mail, one delayed in a preorder and another preorder shipping on the 13th and I'll probs order 1 or 2 more this week...

IMG_20180304_192702.thumb.jpg.fc83c71db48c79c3d4047bfedfa4db63.jpg

IMG_20180304_192725.thumb.jpg.46418cc9afb350617ee40341f9a969b1.jpg

Moved to our new house. Dad said i can a speed rack from storage. Now i need another one. Cant fit any more shit on it

:(

IMG20180305152012.thumb.jpg.18679c09fd066727fc8552edbe06b385.jpg

lives on

BAKABT

9 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

snip

Damn looks nice,I really want to start a blu ray collection as well but region locking is holding me back.

2 hours ago, AG1233 said:

Damn looks nice,I really want to start a blu ray collection as well but region locking is holding me back.

I really just rip them for my media server, so the discs are more like the highest bitrate source for files pretty boxes to display on a shelf.  That's why despite being in Canada, you can see the Region B version of A Silent Voice which I imported via Amazon.co.uk. :)

oh fuck exactly 95,000 posts

Oh fuck I fucked it up its 95,001 now

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

16 hours ago, Strike105X said:

This weekend i watched No Game no Life Zero:

The narrative was a bit rushed, but i absolutely loved it! The characters, visuals, artwork, story, music everything was awesome! My favorite anime movie!

It will feel rush if you haven't watched the original TV anime or the light novel, it had skip some of the charactor building as all main charactor is (kind of) related to the main story. It is like watching the charactors you known and like, in a play telling another story. This moive is based on book 6 of the light novel, which is kind of a back-story episode about how the world become the way it is in the main story.

I like this moive very much too, hope it will make enough money for the production of season 2 TV anime.

8 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

I really just rip them for my media server, so the discs are more like the highest bitrate source for files pretty boxes to display on a shelf.  That's why despite being in Canada, you can see the Region B version of A Silent Voice which I imported via Amazon.co.uk. :)

What tools you use to rip blueray into video files? As I yet to found a solution on my pc.

Just now, Type 2501 said:

What tools you use to rip blueray into video files? As I yet to found a solution on my pc.

I just use MakeMKV to remultiplex them.

On 2/26/2018 at 6:32 PM, AshleyAshes said:

IMG_20180226_181922.thumb.jpg.d1ac56145ce3f3a290e55b66781a7d60.jpg5a9498b09ded7_IMG_20180226_1815512.thumb.jpg.b60d69be9494042dfdda7003662f808b.jpg

IMG_20180226_181808.thumb.jpg.cab7d73065e7b61d5f4871e99d437ea0.jpg

5a9498cf218c1_IMG_20180226_1817032.thumb.jpg.6ab27d86ec5c1f971fc1f774421cced6.jpg

5a9498d246a67_IMG_20180226_1816022.thumb.jpg.e682b9cacfa38070bd26bc56b1cb0da0.jpg

what do you have to have to play that??

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Just now, Jtalk4456 said:

Nothing, I'll just watch the BluRay version instead.  ...I just like owning it. :3

25 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

You will need a LD(laser disk) player, I think I still have one in my home correcting dust. But in reality, it is better only than VHS, and it is a pain to maintain. So a LD is more a collector items in 2018.

Btw, Patlabor 2 is a moive that I really love too, not as much ghost in the shell , but still many unforgettable sence from this movie. The final arrest close up shot is really one of my very favorite shot all time.

So, what's everyone's moe?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

6 hours ago, Type 2501 said:

It will feel rush if you haven't watched the original TV anime or the light novel, it had skip some of the charactor building as all main charactor is (kind of) related to the main story. It is like watching the charactors you known and like, in a play telling another story. This moive is based on book 6 of the light novel, which is kind of a back-story episode about how the world become the way it is in the main story.

I like this moive very much too, hope it will make enough money for the production of season 2 TV anime.

There is movie??? damn, i need to see this. I love that anime because of the silliness and comedy. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

43 minutes ago, wasab said:

There is movie??? damn, i need to see this. I love that anime because of the silliness and comedy. 

The movie take a much darker tone , less of that silliness and comedy you mentioned, but in return you have a beautiful story with wonderful act from the CVs (in Japanese).

14 hours ago, Strike105X said:

21 hours ago, Type 2501 said:

The movies confuse the heck out of me. I just finish watching and It looked like a prequel to the main story but none of the MCs are there and the whole film is simply... quite different to the point it looks like a completely different genre.  Instead of light hearted comedy, we seem to get some sort of tragic love story between a man and a loli (which is a bit creepy....).

It is better to treat the movie and the main anime series as two completely different show, even if all occur within the same universe, kind of like fate Apocrypha and events of fate zero vs that other fate franchise.

I still am not understanding the plot. Not really sure what was going on in the story.... 

Sudo make me a sandwich