Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

I binged all of Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor yesterday, solid 8/10 show imo. Some stereotypes are present as usual, but the magic system is actually expanded and worked out to something interesting.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

17 minutes ago, ElfenSky said:

I binged all of Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor yesterday, solid 8/10 show imo. Some stereotypes are present as usual, but the magic system is actually expanded and worked out to something interesting.

I watched it around 3 weeks ago and I'd probably give it a 8.5. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I think I gonna watch Devilman Crybaby tonight

hope school gets cancelled due to snow/ice

and then watch kino journey and seven deadly sins tomorrow

if it isn't closed well I am fucked 

edit FUKKKK Seven deadly sins comes out Thursday 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

5 hours ago, ElfenSky said:

8/10 from here as well if watched as a stand alone, but it skipped over a lot of stuff to try and shove as much of the light novel into 12 episodes.

As a result, 5 volume of the light novel was shoved into 12 episodes. That's A LOT.

Especially when you consider other anime like SAO, did 12 episodes for 2 volumes, to cover as much as possible the original content.

This is almost Oregairu level of rushed(6 volumes in 13 episodes), which skipped so many events it barely held itself together.

Though they still somehow managed to make it enjoyable to watch, I feel like it could've been so much more. I guess this is the problem with some light novels where there's barely any "action" in a given volume.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

20 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

8/10 from here as well if watched as a stand alone, but it skipped over a lot of stuff to try and shove as much of the light novel into 12 episodes.

As a result, 5 volume of the light novel was shoved into 12 episodes. That's A LOT.

Especially when you consider other anime like SAO, did 12 episodes for 2 volumes, to cover as much as possible the original content.

This is almost Oregairu level of rushed(6 volumes in 13 episodes), which skipped so many events it barely held itself together.

Though they still somehow managed to make it enjoyable to watch, I feel like it could've been so much more. I guess this is the problem with some light novels where there's barely any "action" in a given volume.

Oh wow, I knew it was based on a novel, but considering how much I enjoyed it I thought it was like a single book.

I suppose that explains why the story overall felt a bit rushed, like they did a whole lot of world building for 12 episodes.

Do you know where I can find English translations of the books?

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

41 minutes ago, ElfenSky said:

Do you know where I can find English translations of the books?

Volume 1 and 2 are officially out in English, you can find them on Amazon or elsewhere.

Volume 3 is set to release in April.

As for fan translations, Volume 1 and 2 were translated by "yuNS translation". They started work on Volume 3 but they aren't far into it.

As for Volume 4 and 5, I got nothing.

Volume 6 is fully translated by a group named "Noblesse Oblige Translations".

The thing with light novel translations by fans, is that they often end up dropping them once a publisher pick up the series for official release in their language and if not, they slow the translation pace so much that the official release has time to catch up to them, making future work pointless so they drop it as well.

You can generally find most light novel translation websites/groups on this site:
https://www.novelupdates.com

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I am still waiting for the s2 of one punch man. Most of the animes from the 2017 are craps. I can say made in the abyss is the only anime worth watching from the previous year.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

18 minutes ago, wasab said:

Most of the animes from the 2017 are craps. I can say made in the abyss is the only anime worth watching from the previous year.

I would like to disagree :P. I personally really liked Tsuki ga Kirei, Suka Suka, Net-juu no Susume, Mahoutsukai no Yome, Just because!, Gamers!, Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta, Akashic Records and then there are a bunch of others that I thought was decent as well (such as Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou, Konbini Kareshi, Imouto sae Ireba Ii). 

To be fair, I'm easily entertained, especially when they are the type of anime I like...*cough cough* Romance Comedy is totally not my favourite anime genre...

21 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Net-juu no Susume

Liked that one as well. But it's only 10 episodes + 1 OVA and it doesn't have a proper end, it just ends, right in the middle of everything. So in the end, I felt cheated of my time, had I known it would "end" like that, would've never bothered watching it in the first place. The destination is just as important as the journey.

3 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Liked that one as well. But it's only 10 episodes + 1 OVA and it doesn't have a proper end, it just ends, right in the middle of everything. So in the end, I felt cheated of my time, had I known it would "end" like that, would've never bothered watching it in the first place. The destination is just as important as the journey.

You should try Imouto sae Ireba Ii then, its ending is a even worse cliff-hanger...

Anyway, I'm highly baised towards Net-juu (part of my top 10 favourites probs) so I'm just going to leave it here and not start debating :P

3 hours ago, wasab said:

I am still waiting for the s2 of one punch man. Most of the animes from the 2017 are craps.

Nothing was as bad as OPM.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

55 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

but it is so entertaining to watch....

I prefer anime that show case great literary values foremost. Shows like fate zero are great example of such. Everything else like... well, everything else are just craps. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 1/16/2018 at 8:56 PM, Drak3 said:

One Man Punch didn't try to be more than what it was though, I really enjoyed that one. The reversal of your typical hero build series haha.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

On 1/16/2018 at 5:58 PM, wasab said:

I am still waiting for the s2 of one punch man.

If you didn't know already, season 2 will not be made by Madhouse but by JC Staff, the studio that did DanMachi. Hopefully they do a good job.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Used-Laser-disc-Patlabor-The-Movie-First-Limited-Japan-Anime-LD-from-japan-f-s/192416753997?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Oh my god I some how found this Patlabor The Movie laser disc on eBay for $14.50 USD with free shipping and snapped it up right away. D:  It's worth it JUST for the booklet.  OH MY GOD so cool.

On 11/01/2018 at 11:58 AM, Belgarionbg said:

26195628_2052404924972909_84803435244120

ahahah хD

Hahahahahaha yussScreenshot_20180119-033317.jpg.73b0521047d657bf3d6467d595c25663.jpg

On 11/01/2018 at 1:59 PM, Mr.Meerkat said:

Does that mean that Violet Evergarden isn't living up to the incredible hype it has attained? :P 

If say its living up beautifully, still very accurate though.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

19 hours ago, MyInnerFred said:

One Man Punch didn't try to be more than what it was though, I really enjoyed that one. The reversal of your typical hero build series haha.

yes!

aZlJkXmz_700wa_0.gif

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

REDLINE

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

REDLINE!

HOLY SHIT

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

If you are in need of some laugh watch this xD

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

4 hours ago, Belgarionbg said:

If you are in need of some laugh watch this xD

The worst thing is, English is actually mandatory in their school... They just don't bother teaching or learning it properly.

https://japantoday.com/category/features/lifestyle/whats-wrong-with-english-education-in-japan-pull-up-a-chair

9 hours ago, TetraSky said:

The worst thing is, English is actually mandatory in their school... They just don't bother teaching or learning it properly.

https://japantoday.com/category/features/lifestyle/whats-wrong-with-english-education-in-japan-pull-up-a-chair

All I know is with Japanese being the first language I learned, it has butchered my English spelling and speaking abilities quite badly :P. I mean I semi-failed an entrance exam as my spelling was too questionable although I had lived in Britain for 8 or 9 years back then. Also, I fail to pronounce and articulate words with the letter "L" and sometimes my brain completely fails at breaking up words so I end up not being able to say words like "authorised"  or being able to spell some words (in fact, I only learned how to spell the common word engine like a year ago xD). 

a9pLB1K_700b.jpg

xD

Well I will be watching Violet Evergarden this season after seeing the trailer... It has the same feel as Blade Runner which I really like and with the exact same story as Blade runner 2019.

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

1 hour ago, Delusional Phil said:

Well I will be watching Violet Evergarden this season after seeing the trailer... It has the same feel as Blade Runner which I really like and with the exact same story as Blade runner 2019.

The art is top notch, the story on the other hand... let's just say there isn't much there so far.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz