GeForce GT730K scam or remarketing of an old card ?

yorgunustad

Hello everyone,

I saw an interesting GPU at a reputable retailer, listing under the name as "MSI GeForce GT730K 4GB GDDR3 N730K-4GD3/OC". I found a MSI webpage for the product but it seems there is no page for it at Nvidia's webpage or any driver for it either, could not find any benchmark for it too. As far as I can see from price tracker websites it's been on market since 10/09/2021. All of the photos i saw looks rendered boxes. So what do you think scam, silent release or remarketing of an old card ?

Msi webpage: https://www.msi.com/Graphics-Card/N730K-4GD3OCV1/Specification

Ps. could not find any info at the LTT forums too

Check this out:

Granted, it's not the same card as the one in your link, but I've seen pre-built "gaming" PCs with GT 730s as well. That IMHO definitely is a scam.

8 minutes ago, yorgunustad said:

Hello everyone,

I saw an interesting GPU at a reputable retailer, listing under the name as "MSI GeForce GT730K 4GB GDDR3 N730K-4GD3/OC". I found a MSI webpage for the product but it seems there is no page for it at Nvidia's webpage or any driver for it either, could not find any benchmark for it too. As far as I can see from price tracker websites it's been on market since 10/09/2021. All of the photos i saw looks rendered boxes. So what do you think scam, silent release or remarketing of an old card ?

Msi webpage: https://www.msi.com/Graphics-Card/N730K-4GD3OCV1/Specification

Ps. could not find any info at the LTT forums too

Its old and slow. Works fine if you only run YT and a monitor. Probably just some old stock laying around somewhere. And then the price tracker things its a new product because it haven't seen it before.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

The GT 730 you mentioned is fermi and is a rebrand of a rebrand of a rebrand. The dies on the GPU itself got used originally in the gpu's like the GT420, 430, 440, 520 and then worked it's way to the later generation.

There are other technically newer GT 730 models which are kepler 2.0 and while having less memory they are far better since you get a higher clock and memory speed, 4 times the cores 2xTMU's and ROPS plus it has faster GDDR5 memory instead of the much slower ddr3.

This is a link to the specs and cards which have the GT 730 branding but have the slower fermi DIE

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gt-730.c2590

And this is for the 'newer' GT 730 which are keplar 2.0 and are faster

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gt-730.c1988

8 minutes ago, Kronion said:

Check this out:

Good to know there still are some shenanigans around 730 series but what Steve reviewing is a 2GB version with model number/code N730-2GD3V3.

Interestingly enough, this could even be a Kepler card. There seem to be Kepler-based GT 730s with 1-4 GB DDR3 RAM and the GK208-301-A1.

Shenanigans indeed...

its not a scam they're outright telling you its a gt730

4 hours ago, yorgunustad said:

silent release or remarketing of an old card

its just an old card...

you didn't show anything pointing to a "re-release or re-marketing" unless i missed it?

edit: oh the price tracker thing, well *that* seems to be a scam indeed,  not the fault of the gpu 🤷‍♂️

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity