Can a game crash alone (by itself, not related to Windows or Drivers or others) degrade its performance, stability and file interity?

Spezcrt

It's like just install or reinstall a game, and then it crashes in a funny way (not in-game, or "in action", but while navigating menu or using certain features, ...)

39 minutes ago, Spezcrt said:

It's like just install or reinstall a game, and then it crashes in a funny way (not in-game, or "in action", but while navigating menu or using certain features, ...)

Theoretically.  It’s unlikely though if it’s out of beta.  Greater likelihood something else is happening.  There are other reasons an app could crash all by itself besides just having bugs in it. For instance if you’ve got an old machine that has a cpu that lacks a feature the game needs to run, or something.  Many possibilities.  Both hardware and software based. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Crashing to desktop is a thing. There are always potential for games to have bugs by themselves. But more likely there optimisation or compatibility issues with other software or hardware.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Yes.

Its called "500 bugs because these days you are a paying alpha tester with pretty much any software".

Reminds me of a version of ms word at one time, which had auto-backup enabled by default, had a bug in that, cause both app crash AND both working and attempted backup files to be corrupt. Fun times 😛