Looking for a used 5:4 monitor with any kind of digital input to go with my daily driver

AudiTTFan

Important note: I know about as little about monitors as anyone possibly could, so if anything I say doesn't make sense, don't act surprised.

I've been using my Acer T180 mini-tower in its upgraded form as a casual-ish PC for about a year now, although the monitor I currently use is an Acer flat panel with nothing but a VGA input, so I still have to use a DVI to VGA adapter as if it were the stone age.

I'm looking for something used that has that same 5:4 aspect ratio as my current monitor so it doesn't look too out of place, and because I don't really use that PC for playing videos. For I/O, I want something that's at least from medieval times like DVI, or preferrably something newer like HDMI or DP (my GT 1030 only has DVI and HDMI outputs, so I'd prefer one of those, though I'd be fine with using a DisplayPort adapter.)

Since I was a bit too young to know anything about the monitors that were on sale back when people still wanted 5:4 screens, some ideas for a particular model to look out for would be much appreciated.

TL;DR: I want a used 5:4 LCD monitor with either DVI, HDMI or DisplayPort

Highly knowledgeable in all the obscure 2000s hardware & software you'll never need to ask about

Is there something wrong with the monitor you're currently using? VGA is fine for lower resolution displays. If you want to keep it simple you could get something like an older Dell UltraSharp that has DVI, but there wouldn't be much of a difference compared to using VGA. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

6 minutes ago, BondiBlue said:

Is there something wrong with the monitor you're currently using? VGA is fine for lower resolution displays. If you want to keep it simple you could get something like an older Dell UltraSharp that has DVI, but there wouldn't be much of a difference compared to using VGA. 

The only place in the room where my whole setup fits is against a wall with our furnace in the room on the opposite side, so whenever the blower motor is running there's a bit of interference that makes the picture really fuzzy. I would like to move it to a different room sometime in the future, but my entire house resembles something on one of those shows about hoarders at the moment so that just isn't happening.

Highly knowledgeable in all the obscure 2000s hardware & software you'll never need to ask about

9 minutes ago, AudiTTFan said:

The only place in the room where my whole setup fits is against a wall with our furnace in the room on the opposite side, so whenever the blower motor is running there's a bit of interference that makes the picture really fuzzy. I would like to move it to a different room sometime in the future, but my entire house resembles something on one of those shows about hoarders at the moment so that just isn't happening.

There's no reason a running motor would cause interference in a VGA cable unless the cable is seriously broken, and even then not through a wall. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

12 minutes ago, BondiBlue said:

There's no reason a running motor would cause interference in a VGA cable unless the cable is seriously broken, and even then not through a wall. 

Might be electrical issues then causing some problems with the monitor itself and not the cable. Analog signals are more susceptible to it.

Update: Turns out I was just an absolute idiot who forgot that the DVI adapter is just an additional point of failure. I hooked the PC up to my TV using HDMI and it worked fine. Booted up with the cable connected to the VGA port used for the iGP, and it worked fine too, so I should probably just try a new adapter